( search forums )
Why do ppl camp
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 10:37 pm
Hmmm i was playing soldat and then some guy called dores kept camping well i dunno why ppl camp i mean is'nt the point of the game to have fun? so i ask u guys to tell me why ppl camp.

Hitman
August 22, 2005, 10:44 pm
Dumbass says what.

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 10:45 pm
yah i say what

TheRelinquished
August 22, 2005, 10:54 pm
I don't wanna touch this topic with a ten foot pole. Because I'd rather beat it to a bloody pulp with a three foot pole. Or a blackjack.

People camp because they feel safer by doing it. Maybe it's nerve wracking for them to withstand the chaos of the middle of the map. Whatev. Suits them, and suits me. I just track em down and beat them down. They're sitting ducks.

You'll learn to deal.

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 10:56 pm
I do deal iam just asking u guys hmmm good respond to my question though.

Keron Cyst
August 23, 2005, 12:07 am
They camp 'cuz they're lazy and don't want to move, even when the enemy's carrying their flag away to cap. Or they just want easy kills.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 12:18 am
True but After all thoughs kills they get they still end up in the bottom cause they use 1 hit weapons (which take a long time to reaload) so they miss most of the ppl passing by.

The Geologist
August 23, 2005, 12:22 am
"they're lazy", "makes them feel safer"...you guys like to generalize a lot.

Personally, I camp 'cause it's a fun thing to do. On a good low pingin' server a couple games spent sniping is sometimes more fun than running in points. Personally, I hate it when people whine/kick/ban people for camping, especially when they were too lazy (ha) to remove the barret from the server. But, that's just a pet peeve..

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 12:33 am
Sure, miss most of the people...
Which weapon has the most kills?
YES TEH BARRET.
Sure...

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 1:02 am
Hmmm.. people miss most of the time? How about the "Elite Barretard" Who as used the friggin thing since day one and never misses a damned shot even when you bink the bloody hell out of them. Sadly I meet alot of these people everyday...

Is it just me or...the Barret is the most used weapon?

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 1:44 am
Yes, Barret is the most used gun. Something has to be done to that thing. Make the bink totally uncontrollable for it or something. It's tiring emptying half your clip into them while they're retreating to get another shot on you, and they kill you. People say the barret takes skill -_-. It doesn't, really. I almost never use the barret, but when I get my hands on one I'll usually rack up 10 kills with little effort. Bah, goddamn noob tube.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 1:46 am
Barrettards!!!

Even MM said using barretard was ok :P

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 1:50 am
Yeah I know, I'm just spitting my opinion out of my mouth, but here's to prove my point:
http://dyn.u13.net:6080/index.php?p=top10&server=CTF3#ranks
Look at the stats for a couple people there. Check their most deaths. Like 4/5 people have died mostly from the barret, geez.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 2:19 am
On realistic mode I really don't care about camping. I dont see why some people hate it so much, thats what team rushing is for.

UGK
August 23, 2005, 2:31 am
Camping is fun with barret lol aka sniping.its fun because u can stop other people in there tracks if u decide to shoot. and its also defending.:D ooo look at my Xfire meep. Cant touch this. hammer time!

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 2:34 am
Yeah if I have xfire on while I play it kinda lags, my computer looks kinda new, but don't judge a book by its cover, it sucks ass.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 2:35 am
Barret's fine in my opinion.

Camping is pointless. It's so easy to wtfpwn campers. heh

LazehBoi
August 23, 2005, 2:36 am
quote:Originally posted by ZamorakBarrettards!!!

Even MM said using barretard was ok :P

Is this 'using a barretard' a sexual innuendo?

Anyway, people camp because it's fun. it's fun to kill people with ease because they don't look in bushes. It's more fun when you kill the same person over and over again because they don't know how to deal with it.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 3:32 am
When people say, "STOP CAMPING NUBZ!@#" I say, "I'm not camping i'm hiding," because I usually am in a bush or crate.

August 23, 2005, 3:38 am
quote:Originally posted by black kidTrue but After all thoughs kills they get they still end up in the bottom cause they use 1 hit weapons (which take a long time to reaload) so they miss most of the ppl passing by.

It's because they're not as clever as us.

August 23, 2005, 3:38 am
I use an auto + barret as backup. Basically, i charge into a fight and shoot ppl with my barret. If i miss, i use my auto. That way there's no need to camp cos i always have a backup weap if i miss.

Jap_man
August 23, 2005, 7:59 am
People camp because they enjoy to camp, pretty self explanitory.
All because you don't like camping, doesn't mean that anybody who camps is doing something wrong.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 8:33 am
personly i like the outdoors atmosphere....oh you mean in soldat, probaly to pass the time

frogboy
August 23, 2005, 8:35 am
quote:Originally posted by ZamorakEven MM said using barretard was ok :P

I wouldn't be so sure...
quote:Michal Marcinkowski, Beta Testing forumBarret
I feel like a retard with this weapon...

mickle89
August 23, 2005, 8:43 am
People camp to kill others...derr!

Sk8er
August 23, 2005, 9:59 am
The point of the game is FUN and NO like that n00b.z(no offence) have to be 1st have to king have to be a legend...well i do that sometimes but only 10% of playing like this |10%I HAVE TO BE 1ST |20%I CAMP WHEN IM BORED AND |70%I PLAY FOR FUN...xD

Zero72
August 23, 2005, 10:17 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist"they're lazy", "makes them feel safer"...you guys like to generalize a lot.

Personally, I camp 'cause it's a fun thing to do. On a good low pingin' server a couple games spent sniping is sometimes more fun than running in points. Personally, I hate it when people whine/kick/ban people for camping, especially when they were too lazy (ha) to remove the barret from the server. But, that's just a pet peeve..
Agreed.

Especially, I have no qualms about camping my own base in a CTF or INF for defense -- in fact, I think that's probably what I do the most. Hell, it cheeses me off in an INF when the entire blue team barges into the red base with guns blazing, in fact. I was even once voted for a kick because I was on the blue team and was consistently camping the blue base. Incredible.

Every once in a while, you just need to go to a CTF or INF, settle down with a soda and a Barret and have a little fun, especially when you're not in the mood to jump around like a demented pogo squirrel. In Deathmatches and other such similar matches, though, I'm almost always moving, unless I need to hide somewhere to reload.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 12:32 pm
I have absolutely nothing against camping. Heck, look at the maps--they're designed for camping. What annoys me more is people who use the barret exclusively as an assault weapon, just because it's 1-hit-kill.

Good use of camping can turn around a fight, anyhow. Can't get that flagger on b2b? Snipe the enemy flagger to force him out of his little "safe spot" or cause confusion, like I do sometimes in b2b. Grab a ruger and give bravo team heck on the lower path in Laos, effectively keeping the lower path clear so defense can focus on the upper path, and friendly flaggers can escape bravo base from below. I once made someone think there were three snipers down there when it was just me and my ruger, even.

But yeah, camping isn't about score. It's about supporting your team. And if the whole enemy team is sitting there camping their flag, so what--it's their loss, because they'll never score if they never leave their base.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 1:18 pm
yomammas has a point but any one hit kill weapon is stupid not just barret (combat knife,ruger and chainsaw)(chainsaw is id ur hiding).

Zegovia
August 23, 2005, 1:39 pm
Snipers kills from a far distance, never releaving their position, changing position when they are spotted.

Campers wait their prey in and kill em when they are close enough so they cant miss.... the prey gets pissed and tries to take revenge, just what the camper wants.... and so he kills the guy two or three times more....

Somehow have people mixed these up.....

candiru
August 23, 2005, 3:11 pm
you. are. cool.

August 23, 2005, 3:31 pm
You.are.spamming.

Zegovia is right, campers can be chainsawers (like MM) but snipers tend to fire and take out a target. After satisfication or by instinct, the sniper will run, cos people know he's there. he'll usuall find another spot to sniper, probably a more defensive position if he feels there are too many enemies, or he may go on offensive and go point blank. Ideally, going defensive is good, cos ur team mates are usually there to back you up.

Zegovia, also, problem with ur sig...Some people use default sounds, so they still hear you, even if you think you're using a silenced SMG. lolz.

rabidhamster
August 23, 2005, 4:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by black kidyomammas has a point but any one hit kill weapon is stupid not just barret (combat knife,ruger and chainsaw)(chainsaw is id ur hiding).

the ruger is not a one shot kill weapon, and you forgot the m79 and the m72 law.

i've seen this topic too many times. people camp because it's a strategy. snipe people so they can't reach your flag without risking being out in the open. plus, some people camp because they are afraid that they will be sniped if they go on the offense.

if the military didn't have snipers, um, bad stuff would hapen. yup.

SuperKill
August 23, 2005, 4:28 pm
and some said barret was lame for the abillity to use it as an assault rifle.
goddamnit whiners, pick a subject and focus on it. till then shut the hell up.

Zegovia
August 23, 2005, 5:05 pm
We maybe can realize the pleasure of camping if we bring up some aspects from it..

* They are sneaky, you use the terrain at your advantage..
* They have several methods to use...
* Taking patience, waiting for Their prey to come close...
* The prey is unknown to that he is about to get nailed..
* They smack their recklessnes back in their face when you dig in their belly with a chainsaw. in other words PWN em!!!!
* The prey is pretty sure to be back, so youll have the pleasure in killing him again...

They seem to find it pleasing to humuliate and tease their opponents while bringing a swift and guresome death upon them when, while all they have to do is are just sitting down and relax and lett the prey do the workout....

quote:Originally posted by 117
Zegovia, also, problem with ur sig...Some people use default sounds, so they still hear you, even if you think you're using a silenced SMG. lolz.

Actually that quote comes from another game called Neotech... XD

Darkfist007
August 23, 2005, 5:38 pm
Thats how Ive always played games. The first online game that I played was Delta force 2, all the maps are huge, I was always the long ranged rusher, I played that for a few weeks. But the first game that I really go into was Delta force Land warrior, I only played sniper only servers, the only way to survive was to out hide and out shoot, since I could do bolth I became the #1 sniper in all public sniper only servers. I kept that style for all games save for CS and Wolfenstein and kind of for SoF2. Its a gaming style that requires you to be quick or dead. You have to be able to hit, and kill them, in 1 shot, since I use the barret it works. Also if you cant see some red or blue pixels behind some smaller green pixles you deserve to die like an idiot. When I camp in soldat or any game, I dont pick up health so many times I'll be sitting there with ~20% health, so its not too hard to kill me. Also if you can't hit a still target quit soldat, its that simple, if you cant hit a camper, just quit shooter games all together. If you wondering why I use a 1 hit kill gun, in any fps I aim for the head, and normaly hit, so most other games that Im good at you die in one shot either way.

tRaQs
August 23, 2005, 6:09 pm
Quite simple, moving around and shooting at the same time is too complex a procedure for them.

It really kills the stealth/sneak tactic when people will abuse it to death, sometimes I sneak up to the flag in bushes, I don't even attack people but watch them go by, then I sneak up to the flag, but I don't camp.

Just kill them though, don't say a thing to them, I have a brother with some small mental disorders, which has made it a tad tricky for him to play.
I've been trying to teach him that the controls are like a game system controller, but he still thinks of it as a keyboard, and he has to look down at the keyboard when he switches/ drops weapons or moves. We're going to start getting him into typing more to get him better at things on a computer.

So just remember who you may be talking to.

SPARTAN_III
August 23, 2005, 6:11 pm
i myself always think the barret is for pussies- direct quote from GAMEOVER. i just hate campers for some reason, and because of that barret has no power on my servers.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 6:20 pm
This is why I hate barretards:
This happens to me a couple times a day. Yesterday I was playing on some map (Sorry, I only remember CS maps >_>) and I was taking the lower path while I was capping the enemy flag. As I went down there, there was nobody. Nobody at enemy spawn yet, and nobody along the lower path. I was an inch away from my spawn, still in lower path. Then a barreter kills me with his billion mile per hour, one hit kill bullet. Team mates didn't realize the flag was low, and it was too late when I respawned.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 6:23 pm
It does get annoying when they're just standing there and click, kill, not very hard to do, but its part of the game so, I deal with it. Besides sometimes im the guy who clicks, kills, not very hard : )

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 4:28 pm
People camp because it's strategic and works(in ctf and inf usually). Besides, a couple of sprays from a automatic gun will take care of them most of the time.

Hoodlum
August 24, 2005, 4:33 pm
People camp to get easy kills and not many deaths but the most basic reason that they do it is because they like it.

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 4:33 pm
It works because it's cheap. I tested out the barret yesterday, and everyone knows I barely ever use it. I did a mix of camping and rushing (mostly rushing), I went 42-9. Seriously, that gun does not require any skill.

bond_james_bond
August 24, 2005, 4:51 pm
Camping is a way of life.

Mielos
August 24, 2005, 4:59 pm
I think barret is so easy because you barely have to care about it's arc, just make sure you stay of your movement keys when you're about to shoot

I don't see why camping with a barret can be more fun then playing the game normally, except when you just get so frustrated about losing a game and want to piss off your enemies

SuperKill
August 24, 2005, 5:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by ZambinoIt works because it's cheap. I tested out the barret yesterday, and everyone knows I barely ever use it. I did a mix of camping and rushing (mostly rushing), I went 42-9. Seriously, that gun does not require any skill.

hahahah then you must've played in a server full of RETARDS.
i remember you got pissed at me using the barret, and decided you're gonna used it and went all "ok now im using barret!11!1"... guess what, you sucked ass.

edit - suck isnt censored anymore? (Please refrain from swearing)

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 5:29 pm
Uhm, I agree with SuperKill. I've seen people whine about both assaulting and camping with barret. This leaves you with only 3 options!

a) Play in servers where it's disabled.
b) Shut up.
c) Quit soldat.

DeMonIc
August 24, 2005, 5:30 pm
Secret option is

d) Use an auto.

There, you got all of your problems fixed.

Darkfist007
August 25, 2005, 12:09 am
quote:Originally posted by ZambinoIt works because it's cheap. I tested out the barret yesterday, and everyone knows I barely ever use it. I did a mix of camping and rushing (mostly rushing), I went 42-9. Seriously, that gun does not require any skill.

Ever tryed taking in 4-7 people with just a barret, a law, and 5 nades. That is skill. Now have you ever tryed to shoot someone 1 1/2 screens out of your veiw by just using the tracers of there gun as an indication of where they are? Yes it takes no skill to shoot someone that is 2 feet infront of you, but it does take skill to kill poeple non stop without them figuring out where you are, and it does take skill to shoot things you cant see. So stfu. Autos take no skill, hold down the trigger, they shoot practicly straight. For this version you just have to hold the trigger for a few seconds, reload after ~15 rounds, repeat.

SuperKill
August 25, 2005, 12:19 am
not to mention, that the self isnt that 'usefull' (against you) at all. you just have to release your finger from the trigger for a few miliseconds, and whoop-dee-doo, your aim is good again.
i'd like to see anyone taking on a bunch of raging mp5's or ak's in kampf base areas with a barret.

the thing that ticks me off the most is, that out of everyone that ever flamed the barret in the history of soldat, there are just about 5% or less people that could actually use it. the rest are just a bunch of people that can bearly aim at barret, and are jealous at other people's skill with it.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 12:35 am
There is no skill with it. This is all you have to do when flying: When you're dropping down, move the cursor a little below their feet and fire. When you're flying up, move your cursor just above their head and fire. It's not hard. At all. A retard could do it if you taught him how.
Autos are cheap? Autos don't kill in one it that takes a millisecond for the bullet to reach it's target.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 12:37 am
quote:Originally posted by Darkfist007quote:Originally posted by ZambinoIt works because it's cheap. I tested out the barret yesterday, and everyone knows I barely ever use it. I did a mix of camping and rushing (mostly rushing), I went 42-9. Seriously, that gun does not require any skill.

Ever tryed taking in 4-7 people with just a barret, a law, and 5 nades. That is skill. Now have you ever tryed to shoot someone 1 1/2 screens out of your veiw by just using the tracers of there gun as an indication of where they are? Yes it takes no skill to shoot someone that is 2 feet infront of you, but it does take skill to kill poeple non stop without them figuring out where you are, and it does take skill to shoot things you cant see. So stfu. Autos take no skill, hold down the trigger, they shoot practicly straight. For this version you just have to hold the trigger for a few seconds, reload after ~15 rounds, repeat.

A barret, a law, and 5 nades are all different. Takes skill to shoot things you can't see? Sounds more like luck.

GAMEOVER
August 25, 2005, 12:39 am
campers aint **** in game, knife em then take their barret and do it back xD

name ONE camper thats cosidered to be 1 of the best players in the game I doubt youll find ONE, or even ONE in any elite clan.

SuperKill
August 25, 2005, 12:43 am
there is none; camping is lame.
using the barret however, as an assault weapon, isnt.

you people are forgetting again that even 1 hit from an mp5 bullet is disabling (binking, messing up his aim) the barreter. if you cant keep a barreter binked with an mp5 or any kind of auto, long enough to kill him, that's just your problem, and the only solution would be trying to get better instead of whining all the time.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 12:45 am
Agreed. Autos didnt take too much skill in 1.2.1 But you have to admit they're alot harder to kill effectively since some of them require considerable aiming due to bink. (Shooting single bullets rapidly)

Its kind of fun using the minimi and having 1 bullet left, you just somehow ripped a full clip on someone until you aim and make that 1 last bullet kill him.

Ill admit, shooting with the barret can be hard if you're being binked, otherwise youd have to be a moron to miss some shots.

GAMEOVER
August 25, 2005, 12:46 am
Yeah camping is the bad thing, the barret is way over powered imo it should only kill above the waist at the very least. Or mm could make it so the cursor always slightly moves around by itself and is never steady that way it will really take some skill aiming with the damn thing.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 12:57 am
...Well now... I always wanted the barret disabled, but having the cursor bob is an awesome idea :O

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 1:08 am
HMMM i was playing (again) and i found some guy called slicer camping i asked him why do you camp he said "well camping is the only way to get points for me i suck" so for all u good ppl out there stop camping and det ur skill up when i first started soldat i couldn't kill boogie man or blain or any other bot now half the time iam playing i come from 1-4 position when the game finishes (unless i just joined).

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 1:11 am
Yes! Anything to make it less easier to use then it already is. Now to get 1,000 players to agree to spam MM into doing so! :D

But yes, thats a great idea. If MM wants to make this game more realistic, he can make the cursor sort of move around on its own. If anyone has played MGS, you know the concept when using the sniper rifle. It should also be made where it will only kill waiste above. That may make it too underpowered, so even I wouldnt mind if the reload was faster.

SuperKill
August 25, 2005, 1:18 am
LOLOLZ! UR RIGHT M8 EYEHEHEHEHEHE
howz abouts we make the barret hav only liek 1 bullit and liek 50 second reload? OLOL IT WILL THE PWN!111111

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 1:20 am
...Ok, um...what? O_o;;

SuperKill
August 25, 2005, 1:24 am
i'm saying..
if we f*ck up the barret, why not go all the way with it?

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 1:30 am
Ohhh naah it wont (Please refrain from swearing) it up, I mean they only (Please refrain from swearing)ed up every other weapon and left the barret untouched allowing it to have an even better advantage over every other weapon. I was thinking,

Have the cursor sway slightly when standing still to shoot to make it difficult to shoot while stationary, have bullets only kill a guy if they hit the waiste or higher, and to keep the thing balanced, reduce the time inbetween each shot fired.

GAMEOVER
August 25, 2005, 1:33 pm
the barret will change sometime in the future im sure so im lookin forward to it.

SuperKill
August 25, 2005, 2:39 pm
keep wishing.
untill then, all you can do is crying around.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 2:43 pm
OK HMMM so far the one i agree most with is THE geoligist's it makes sence that theyre lazy....... that's why they're camping.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 2:51 pm
hmm this topic is getting interesting

August 25, 2005, 3:07 pm
Why did you double post?

Some ppl camp to annoy others. Just for the fun of it. I hate them, its bloody retarded.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 4:06 pm
Lol it was fun while it lasted

Darkfist007
August 25, 2005, 7:18 pm
The scope bobing thing I wouldnt mind, I masters scope drift with every sniper rifle in every game I own. It still wont stop me from taking out rushes with my barret, nades, and law. Maybe you idiots should just stfu and kill the people instead of just whining like little girls. Grow some balls dip(Please refrain from swearing)s.

OMG Minigun ish uber cliped. OMG barret is too strong.
How about you little kids just stop whining about anything you dont like.

All the soldat community does is whine, just stfu and play the game.
Peace

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 7:21 pm
Well, when the gameplay is unbalanced, and the players of soldat do nothing and play the game, then no changes coming from the opinions of its players would be made. So, how about you deal with it because no matter how fair the game is, SOMEONE will have a controversial opinion about SOMETHING.

In this case, whining over something they dont like.

GAMEOVER
August 25, 2005, 9:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKillkeep wishing.
untill then, all you can do is crying around.

you keep using it and ill keep owning you, that is all..

GAMEOVER
August 25, 2005, 9:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Darkfist007The scope bobing thing I wouldnt mind, I masters scope drift with every sniper rifle in every game I own. It still wont stop me from taking out rushes with my barret, nades, and law. Maybe you idiots should just stfu and kill the people instead of just whining like little girls. Grow some balls dip(Please refrain from swearing)s.

OMG Minigun ish uber cliped. OMG barret is too strong.
How about you little kids just stop whining about anything you dont like.

All the soldat community does is whine, just stfu and play the game.
Peace

Why dont you grow a pair and come out the closet, I mean bushes you camping nub.

DeMonIc
August 25, 2005, 9:32 pm
It's always refreshing to see intellectual posts in a topic.

Barret users can be divided into two groups.

The "hobby-barreteers" and "THE barreteers". Campers come out from the first group, as they usually fiddle around with barrets in publics, and use the weapons every aspect. You can whine about camping, because it's cheap if you get camp-attacked in the back in the middle of a firefight, but it's nothing serious really.

The latter group, "THE barreteers" use barret as their primary in any situation, including clan wars: they will not camp because the barret is simply more effective when paired with a rush-attack in un-crowded places (alternative routes on maps come to mind). Otherwise the barret user has to face tremendous bink, and he's as good as dead. However old-time barreteers know how to play right, and they will back off from the curtain of bullets hovering at them, and they'll make only one shot before their enemy falls dead while reloading or trying to catch up with him. And this my friends, requires skill.