( search forums )
Blind sniper shots, and other lucky moments
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Norris Scott
August 23, 2005, 3:14 am
I was playing CTF_Equinox awhile back, red team. Both teams had flaggers, and both flaggers were using the same technique: Rocket jump as high as you can, and hit the side of the wall. So there's this flagger over in blue base that's as high up that wall as he can be, pressed against it and rocket boosting every now and then.

I know, because I died trying to kill him.

So I nab a sniper rifle, figuring "(Please refrain from swearing) it, I'll see how this does"

I manage to get on top of blue base with a buddy running under, trying to keep the blues at bay. I take aim, but he's too high up for the scope to reach. So, growing desperate as blues are trying to get up at me, I fire off a random shot and it goes "YOU HAVE KILLED SUCHANDSUCH" (No, that's not his name...I just don't remember it, lol)

Next thing I know, his corpse is BARRELING down to the ground without the flag. Seeing my friend get consumed by the blues isn't an appealing thought for me, as I just lucked my ass out, so I toss a 'nade into the base, hop over, toss my last nade into the ground, and boost off of that all the way up to return the flag.

I was promptly killed upon falling back down, but hey, I was stoked after that lucky shot with the sniper rifle.

So, the gist of this topic is this: Do YOU have any lucky sniper shots? What about with other weapons, like catching a flagger at low health in the head from a distance with a SOCOM? Any lucky shot you've had in Soldat applies here :D

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 3:39 am
I was on Ctf_Run and the enemy was just about to cap, (he was on the top part about to jump off the ledge), and I fired my barret, and beacuse I was running it randomly shot up. I was surprised when it said I killed him beacause it went through the polys, and it was completely random.

silly Suasag3
August 23, 2005, 9:33 am
lol this dude was about to cap and i spayed min gun and ithit hi mand killed him then i shoot law then some noob chucks nade with made me go infront of my law i returned flag as well as get killed by my own law =/ the power of 1 man(boy)

Zero72
August 23, 2005, 10:09 am
lol, very nice tale.

Only such incident that springs to mind for me is when I was using a Barrett in a deathmatch (I'm impartial; I'll happily use whatever lands in my hands), I blew somebody's noggin off, and the same bullet also killed another guy I didn't even see, and that second guy was my 30th kill for the win. That was a laugh.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 9:23 pm
I popped down into the bottom of Arena once, to find 3 damaged guys waiting for me. Three shots later, I have a triple and one bullet left. I was too lazy to press r to reload, so I just fired off the final shot randomly......and got a multikill on some guy offscreen. That was my first online multi. I freaked out, and couldn't believe it.

Edit: I was using ruger

Bob_Just_Bob
August 26, 2005, 2:30 pm
Lets see.

I was playing a 2v2 in Laos with some friends of mine, I was on red and chasing blue EFC, he was a ways ahead but I could see him. I got under the second "island" in blue base, proned in air, and aimed for the general area of the flag, I suddenly see "You killed [name]" and realize how (Please refrain from swearing)ing lucky I got because his body was ON the flag (this was before 1.3 btw).

paramud
August 26, 2005, 3:00 pm
One time on inf_abel the flag carrier was almost down to the base, so I decided to try something new and typed /kill and grabbed a barret. I went to the sniper pits, aimed down, fired randomly, and actually hit him. He was right about to enter alpha base (He was just infront of the bullet proof wall) and luckily a blue spawn camper was right there and didnt even notice the flag untill it fell on him.

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 8:38 am
quote:Originally posted by paramudOne time on inf_abel the flag carrier was almost down to the base, so I decided to try something new and typed /kill and grabbed a barret. I went to the sniper pits, aimed down, fired randomly, and actually hit him. He was right about to enter alpha base (He was just infront of the bullet proof wall) and luckily a blue spawn camper was right there and didnt even notice the flag untill it fell on him.

huh? y type /kill ARG ME STUPID

UGK
August 27, 2005, 9:09 am
OMFG this was the luckiest ever! In b2b i was just guarding the flagger when i saw someone coming from the top, i shot my barret and missed. Then my bullet goes over the roof and across landing and hitting the other flagger on the other side of the map!i didnt return flag though

August 27, 2005, 10:47 am
Not even possible, the angle would send the bullet waaaaaaayyyy offf the map.

I was in Ctf_dropdown and i emptied an entire clp into a person, killing them. I was reloading so i threw my knife at another enemy that had come into view. The knife connected and killed him, but there was another guy waiting. The knife fell directly above me and i caught it and used it on the other guy.

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 10:14 pm
Well i had a SILLY moment. I wanted to have 2 weapons so i pull out my knife to replase it with another( on the ground) this guy from alfa comes and i throw stab him :/ i was .... i was....
SHOCKED.

paramud
August 28, 2005, 12:13 am
quote:Originally posted by jebushunterquote:Originally posted by paramudOne time on inf_abel the flag carrier was almost down to the base, so I decided to try something new and typed /kill and grabbed a barret. I went to the sniper pits, aimed down, fired randomly, and actually hit him. He was right about to enter alpha base (He was just infront of the bullet proof wall) and luckily a blue spawn camper was right there and didnt even notice the flag untill it fell on him.

huh? y type /kill ARG ME STUPID

Yes you are.

UGK
August 28, 2005, 9:58 am
quote:Originally posted by 117Not even possible, the angle would send the bullet waaaaaaayyyy offf the map.

I was in Ctf_dropdown and i emptied an entire clp into a person, killing them. I was reloading so i threw my knife at another enemy that had come into view. The knife connected and killed him, but there was another guy waiting. The knife fell directly above me and i caught it and used it on the other guy.

i is possible cause if u lay on that hing in b2b and aim at the edge of the roof it goes across the roof and into the other base.

wazzapdawg
August 30, 2005, 6:04 am
While I was testing out my zombies on Lagarange (equipped with MP5 and CK)Two zombies were on me. I killed one with repeated Mp5 fire then I threw my knife with a high angle(looking up, he was in a bunker), missing unfortunately, then I chucked a grenade which made the knife fly towards me. Then just when I was about to get wtfpwned by my own knife, the zombie jumped over me and was caught by the knife.

wow that was a mouthful...

(note: I laughed my ass off after)