( search forums )
Bad Taste Mod : in progress by HulluMurhari
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
HulluMurhari
August 23, 2005, 2:21 pm
The ultimate idea for modding soldat is to make mods from movies. For example there are mods made from various genres of movies (matrix, 007, starwars... etc).

My idea came from this marvelous "zombie" splatter movie called Bad Taste.

If you dont know what bad taste even is, check out this site http://tbhl.theonering.net/films/bad_taste.html

If you read the sector with the name of Peter Jackson, youl realize that he was the director of the popular trilogy named Lord of the Rings.

To the point... I have made the sounds allmost completely for now (from piss, to roar sounds).

Any help is a advance, so notify me i you wanna help.

August 23, 2005, 2:37 pm
Ok, lets get thing straight. Number 1, movies aren't always good ideas. Number 2, we have absolutely no resource except the Ak-47.

It sounds like a good idea, and im sure after the holidays FM:Bm will help... I can help in testing and stuff, but other than that, i can only do a bit of guns.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 4:01 pm
Bad Taste is awesome but making a soldat mod about it would be a stupid idea.

mickle89
August 23, 2005, 4:26 pm
...Number 3 - Not another bloody Metal Slug avatar. ARRRGHHH!

SPARTAN_III
August 23, 2005, 4:52 pm
hullumurhari? didn't he rip off michal's flashpoint guns for a painkiller mod?

lets hope this one is better.

totalcommander
August 23, 2005, 7:01 pm
OHHHHHHHH badtaste iz teh owner film!!!

-Total Commander

The Geologist
August 23, 2005, 7:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIhullumurhari? didn't he rip off michal's flashpoint guns for a painkiller mod?

Yes, same person. Dun think this would be a good Soldat mod though..

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 8:07 pm
Hmmm, sorry I'm just so stupid.
But what kind of guns u want to do ?
Coz On that site I can't see any ... :\

HulluMurhari
August 24, 2005, 2:46 pm
1. My marcozombie is not chosen because of this metal slug mod thread, it has been my avatar for ages . When i was a kid, we used to visit some amusement parks with my family (like every elses families too). Now one time i saw this stunning colourfull tag named "METAL SLUG" at the park named linnanmäki. it was the year when the first metal slug was released (1996), I spend my whole savings because of that game - no cotton candy or ice cream that day... Years later i found out that it could be played with emulators, so i downloaded the game with my 56k modem, and !!! yes. The end.
(sometimes i need to write this kind of a stories because there are some people who are just too stupid to undestand it only with a few words..)

2. You need to read carefully the painkiller mod thread again to undestand what i wanted to tell you all (quote from the thread :" JUMALAUTA SE ON VITTU BEETTA VERSIO SAATANAN VITTU!#!!#!#"[it means its a beta version]). INCLUDING the explanations which told that the michals guns were accidently left in my soldat folder.(too lazy to write another story)

3. Dont you want to have more new mods? Arent you happy that some people are still working on modding this "not so popular game".

4. This is only a game

i think there are some guns that are not in bad taste, so i think there will be some other weapons that are not seen in bad taste :D

August 24, 2005, 2:53 pm
Not so popular? thats an insult. Soldat is becoming popular. And we don't want mods that don't work well. Be ORIGINAL. Make mods that NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN BEFORE. Like IMAGINARY WEAPONS. Or like Meandor's (or Mercy M's, i can't remember) futuristic mod, with the cool interface.

I am not going to go out and buy a dvd to make a mod. I don't even know where to find the thing. No trailers, no clips... WHAT DO WE WORK FROM? FURTHERMORE: We don't have ENOUGH weapons to make. I mean, for example an I robot mod would be totally awesome, but what weapons do we have? A net launcher, pistols, an assault rifle?

And not all of us know whatever language you use.

SPARTAN_III
August 24, 2005, 4:03 pm
i dont care whether it was a mistake or not, you still ripped it off.

HulluMurhari
August 24, 2005, 4:33 pm
ermm... no?

August 24, 2005, 5:57 pm
Stop posting spam. You list the weapons and ill start doing it. More importantly gimme pics. It better be a lot of weaps, or else im not doing this. I don't want a (Please refrain from swearing)ing half mod where i only have HALF THE FREAKIN GUNS.

EDIT: so be it. No pics of an weaps and no resource links, no google links, HulluMurhari being a goof, associated with former RIPOFF painkiller mod.

Maybe i should follow spartan, after all, he knows more than HulluMurhari.

I've searched and searched, no weapons pics.

EDIT2: Then it wouldnt BE a bad taste mod.

HulluMurhari
August 24, 2005, 5:58 pm
how old

HulluMurhari
August 24, 2005, 5:59 pm
are you?

numgun
August 24, 2005, 8:00 pm
1. dont double post
2.i DO understand finnish
3.swearing is naughty
4. wazzup?

The Geologist
August 24, 2005, 8:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by HulluMurhari

2. You need to read carefully the painkiller mod thread again to undestand what i wanted to tell you all (quote from the thread :" JUMALAUTA SE ON VITTU BEETTA VERSIO SAATANAN VITTU!#!!#!#"[it means its a beta version]). INCLUDING the explanations which told that the michals guns were accidently left in my soldat folder.(too lazy to write another story)

I might believe you if you hadn't changed the names of the guns from Michals mod and called them your own. You knew what guns were there, and you thought you could pass it off by changing their names and nothing else. And before you say "OMG I forgot all about those guns in my Soldat folder", I'll ask you that even if you had used the original guns, would you just have changed their names and called that your mod? Any way you slice it, you released a mod and pic with Michals guns and took all the credit as your "beta". By a beta, did you mean a bunch of guns with different names? Maybe you hadn't changed the guns yet, just the names?

This is just a game, true, but it doesn't make it any more legit to take someone elses work. Trying to tell us you "accidentally" left the guns in there is totally lame, doesn't explain anything, and only makes you look like more of a lier. After all, when you make a mod, you have to modify the guns. Unless you made the mod wearing a blindfold, I highly doubt you didn't know what weapons you were modding. Oh, and you also took Michals minigun and used it as your "rocket launcher". If you were using Michals mod and "forgot", then how did his minigun become your rocket laucher unless you put it there? Hmm?

I appologize for putting this in a section that should be devoted to mods, but I and many of the people here have zero respect for anyone who rips off another persons work. This "not so popular game", as you put it, needs honest work and not stolen work. Make this mod and show us what a good job you can do on your own, and maybe you can turn a new leaf in terms of your reputation as a modder.

Edit: \/\/ Saw those Azn. There's also a knife and a chainsaw.

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 8:45 pm
Well, Geologist is usually right, and I agree with his post a hundred percent. On the subject concerning the acually mod itself, I shall say I have only found two weapons on the space of INTARNET I browsed - one, an AK47, two, a rocket launcher of some sort. Other than that, I did find a few disturbing pics such as this:

http://img-tbhl.theonering.net/films/images/bt_image3_sm.jpg

EDIT: *Shudders.

Meandor
August 25, 2005, 1:05 am
It looks like this isn't going anywhere. If you get some ACTUAL material that belongs here, PM me and I'll unlock this.