( search forums )
Team guns
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Eoi
August 23, 2005, 2:56 pm
Happy reading

1. If you could choose which guns are allowed to which team, e.g. reds are only allowed guns 1,2,5 and blues are only allowed 2,3,5,8

This could easily be abused when hosts give one team all the guns and the other team none, but no one would join those games, a few servers (not naming any) would do it properly though.

This could be implemented into infiltration where the defenders wouldn't be able to snipe as they have stationary guns, but the attackers could pick the gunners off from a distance and then the rest of the troops rush in.

One way to do this is not allowing any guns, but having gun spawns in the appropriate bases.

The teams shouldn't be banned from using those guns but shouldnt be able to start with them, but if they kill someone with a certain gun they would obviously be able to pick it up.

This would also be very useful on those CS servers, one team can only use terrorist guns and the other team can only use CT guns, or in a fantasy mod, orcs can only use their axes and things whereas the humans can only use their swords.

2. My second idea is certain mods (heavily modified games) should only let people in if they have that same mod, that way if you heavily mod it, changing the game into a fantasy mod with spears and swords then for everyone else it wouldnt look stupid when they shoot with their AK , but it only fires out 1 bullet every so often. If they had that mod then they would have a general idea of how the weapons work.

This mod they would have to download from the hosts site or form any other site which has the mod.

3. It would be good if we had more freedom in the animations, if we could have animations for every single different gun, but for the amateurs they could put all guns as the same animation.

That would hopefully mean that we would be able to replace every gun with a bow, since now only one or two of the guns can be replaced by a bow, at that bow would still be very small, nearly invisble.

3. This has already been posted but while im at it i might as well go on, a mortar would be nice, you walk up to it and click, the shell would be fired off towards a set location (in the map maker you would be able to set several locations and it would randomise which one to fire at each time the shell is fired).

4. The stationary gun and the mortar (if one is ever introduced) should have health, a very large amount, small health bar should be placed underneath the guns and they should only be damaged by explosives, mortars, granades, shells from the m79, and if someone has modded the gun to be explosive those too.

That should be it for now

/Eoi

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 6:02 am
i suggested something like this awhile ago, but i think it got bashed, but i relly like the idea, cus terrorists would use law and ak-74, while counter-terrorists would use steyr aug and mp5, simple :)

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 6:11 am
i don see why not, we got different gosteks for the different parties, just might cause lag to individuals using mods