( search forums )
Water, and other stuff
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Improvements / Suggestions
Eoi
August 23, 2005, 3:10 pm
This has been posted before but the thread i read said it would be a scenery, which is impossible (well not impossible)

Anyway, if we could have water polygons, which were in the background and the soldiers slowly floated to the top, jets wouldnt work and neither would any flame based weapons. Bullets would travles slower and do less damage (unless some harpoon gun was introduced).

Soldiers also move slower in it and if they are totally submerged then they would have a swimming animation.

Buttons:
Jump - swim up
Left - swim left
Right - swim right
Crouch - swim down

The sounds could also be changed, it would be like emerging from shell shock.

Another idea is moving polygons and spawns, this could be used on the ever so popular invasion of normandy. The landing craft move in, then when the hit the beaches the ramp falls down, the spawn points inside the ship also move with the ship (men should just fall into the water).

Thats it for now

/Eoi

Deleted User
September 21, 2005, 8:37 pm
It would be nice to have a sound and small splash when bullets hit the water. :D

The Geologist
September 22, 2005, 12:14 am
Why not just put this in the other water topic?

Deleted User
September 22, 2005, 12:36 am
Well, bullets break up under water. Even the barret, the weapon that travels at supersonic speeds. It was tested on that Mythbusters show in very shallow water and the bullet broke up before it could do any damage.

Deleted User
September 28, 2005, 2:02 am
You couldn't use the chainsaw either. It would just be flooded.

CrazyKid980
November 18, 2005, 8:59 pm
What about drowning?

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 9:50 pm
No Water,
soldats are air creatures with jets,
and are not amphibious...

And yes, the water thingy has been suggested, more times than Amblin's post count.

mipit
November 18, 2005, 10:39 pm
Yes Water,
Soldats are soldiers in a diff language,
The can be amphibious...
it woud be mad kewl if water was made then it would take invasion to a whole new step with under water bases and such.

Echo_Trail
November 19, 2005, 12:25 am
ok, i'm for the bullet making splash noise when hitting water, but the rest is complete crap!
this is soldat, not a freakin' ecco the dolphin!

Deleted User
November 19, 2005, 12:52 am
Someone suggested making "Slow player" colidors that, well, make you fall and move slower. You could put these where you put "water".

Soldat is a land-based game, so I think something simple like this is all thats needed.

peemonkey
November 19, 2005, 1:30 am
we need the search button to be a much larger font.

XAVALOONX
December 26, 2005, 10:17 pm
i like it , but what would be really cool is if you fired in it the ripples from the bullets appeared that would look cool.

Ty68794
January 1, 2006, 2:18 am
quote:Originally posted by

I did the exact same thing last summer, PM me and i will be able to help you out.

Dark_Noddy
January 1, 2006, 2:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeywe need the search button to be a much larger font.

FTW