( search forums )
DM Arenal
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Raptor
August 24, 2005, 2:24 am
DM Arenal

This is my first deathmatch map ever posted. It looks really cool, and it took me a long while to make it. In the past many soldatters told me that my maps look pretty empty, so I decided to add lots of scenery to this map. The bgcolors also were hard for me to get, but I think they look pretty good! This is my last non-waypointed map ever; starting right now, I'll waypoint every single map I post from now on.
This map is inspired in Arena and Arena2, so you can see some similarities between the maps.
I don't have anything else to say but DOWNLOAD THE MAP! (again) It took me a long time to make it and it's cool.
P.S. Don't forget to post your non-destructive criticism and non-offensive posts xD

Overview:

[IMAGE]

Download:
Click Here

I hope you like this map!

GAMEOVER
August 24, 2005, 10:48 am
Kinda looks like an HTF map already made forgot the name.

dr dragon
August 24, 2005, 2:08 pm
Htf_Arch if Im right?

Raptor
August 25, 2005, 9:46 pm
No, this map doesn't look like Htf_Arch...

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 9:49 pm
Nice shading :)

Keron Cyst
August 26, 2005, 5:00 pm
Looks like it has awesome gameplay potential. Please post a screenshot so we can see how big a soldat is in comparison to the map.

Needs more scenery on the ground other than just grass; try scattering some sandbags & crates. If you want it to be plain like Arena then make the BG colors less... less... what's the word? It's not, well... ambient and "backgroundy" enough, if you get what I mean :-/ It's not exactly "bright," but...

Hoodlum
August 26, 2005, 6:50 pm
Uh yeah that looks exactly like a HTF map i've used before.

I don't really like the background colors but the map looks pretty good.

Boxo
August 26, 2005, 7:05 pm
It's a pretty decent map, but i'll be a nitpicking ass and give you some critique:
- The background colours are distracting and ugly, IMO.
- The polygons have hardly any colouring, and just basic shading.
- Repetitive unimaginative scenery.

Your maps are getting better all the time, though.

Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 7:08 pm
the shadings on the polygons on the top part of the arch needs to be redone, it dosn't look right...

Raptor
August 27, 2005, 12:46 am
quote:Originally posted by BoxoIt's a pretty decent map, but i'll be a nitpicking ass and give you some critique:
- The background colours are distracting and ugly, IMO.
- The polygons have hardly any colouring, and just basic shading.
- Repetitive unimaginative scenery.

Your maps are getting better all the time, though.

OMG! thanks man, I didn't knew that my maps were getting better :)

About the bgcolors, you are right, they always look bad xD (I guess I'll need help choosing the bgcolors next time)
I'll try to modify the scenery placing, you all are right
I'll also color polygons

All those things I mentioned above will be added to my next maps (I just don't like to modify my maps after posting them)