( search forums )
Zombie matches
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
JJStorm
August 24, 2005, 2:24 pm
Hi,

Is there a way to limit the Bot's weapon selection to one or two weapons?

We want to play a zombie match. It's basically a team game where the bots are all in one team and only allowed to use chain saw's while the humans can only use the spas or pistols. Bots ussually outnumber the humans 4 to 1.

Can anyone help?

Jan

Kazuki
August 24, 2005, 2:29 pm
There's no way to limit a bot's weapon selection, but you can create your own bot, with his own taunts and weapon of choice; and yes, it will work online. :P

Easiest way to do this would be P.Eter's Soldat Bot Maker.

JJStorm
August 24, 2005, 2:36 pm
Thanks, But the link does not work. Any other URL's

August 24, 2005, 2:46 pm
Ok, heres how: when starting the match, join alpha team and type this in:
/addbot2 boogie man

after you type that in, and prress enter, boogieman should spawn in bravo team. Press the / button twice and it reloads the previous command. Just keep doing it until you have enough zombies.

Make sure u only allow the Spas, Socom and Chainsaw in the game.

JJStorm
August 24, 2005, 3:02 pm
Thanks,
Before i read your post i went and made copies of "boogie man.bot" and renamed them all to Zombie.
But i like your method better :)

any way you can add the bots in batches?

Thank you,
Jan

mickle89
August 24, 2005, 4:09 pm
What if you only make Spas, Socom and chainsaw available and make the chainsaw each bots fav weapon. Should do the trick.

But does anyone know - though the saw may be the bots fav weapon, will it ever use another weapon like Spas.

August 24, 2005, 4:18 pm
Lol, know u cant add bots in batches. just keep adding the bots rlly fast, but make sure u dont 'overdo' it.

Otherwise, you might foul it up..

bond_james_bond
August 24, 2005, 4:53 pm
Zommbuuess eat Brraiainnnss.....

The Bot Maker works well.

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 24, 2005, 5:30 pm
The only time when the bot will use a gun is when his chainsaw drops and he accidently picks up a gun, then he'll shoot it.

August 24, 2005, 5:55 pm
Highly unlikely, u'll kill him first or he'll saw u. Just dont use the physcannon mod i made, or else it becomes insanely hard to kill boogie man.

Or they'll get flame god. So disable that too. LAst thing u want is boogieman with a flamethrower.. Also, make sure u turn off the powerups except for vest and nades.

JJStorm
August 25, 2005, 8:20 am
Felt the flame god's wrath. not good. Adding to many bots , not good :)

one thing that was disapointing though was on some maps Zombie (aka boogie man - i Renamed a copy of him) either got stuck or could not make it up to a ledge where you could park off and take em out.

for example arena 3. at the bottom of the map on top of those hut thinghies. They seldom get up there. We were 2 using pistals spas and grenades and outnumbered 10 to 1 and we still kicked ass.

August 25, 2005, 8:25 am
ITs because of the bot waypoints. Try this, go into arena, turn on realistic mode and see how you fare against boogie man...its tough.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 3:11 pm
hmm i tried that with zombie he's not in my bot profile though why? i played lot's of zombie matches

August 25, 2005, 3:14 pm
Because its a custom made bot. Use Boogie man instead, or rename the boogie man file to zombie.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 3:45 pm
lol how can i change the boogie man file? eg. skin color hair etc.

UltraMagnus
August 25, 2005, 3:51 pm
use a bot maker program or just edit the bot in notepad.

IIRC ARSSE supports macroing, so it may be possible to add bots in batches that way.

dont go over 15 zombies, otherwise the server tends to get horrendously laggy

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 3:55 pm
I cant find a bot notepad do i create my own?

August 25, 2005, 4:09 pm
You open the folder bots or bot (cant remember.) you click on Boogie man.txt or bot(can't remember) and click rename.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 4:11 pm
but how do i change his skin color

UltraMagnus
August 25, 2005, 6:37 pm
uh, either download a bot editor or right click on the boogie man.bot file and go to open with--> notepad

you will need to know hex tho