( search forums )
ctf_Fall-Out
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 7:58 pm
Okay people, this is my second map. Just tell me what you think and what I could have done to make it better.

Screens: Overview
[IMAGE]

Screens: Gameplay
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

cooz
August 24, 2005, 8:20 pm
looks for lil too narrow min mid point, but it looks good.

Keron Cyst
August 24, 2005, 9:08 pm
Hm. How much jet fuel is on this thing? Where do the flags & soldaten spawn at?

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 9:17 pm
Those ledges high up on the side walls might lead to some barret camping.

grand_diablo
August 24, 2005, 9:30 pm
I like the style, but I dont like the layout. More or less just one way (or 1.5 when considerung that there is some kind of mini tunnel) and big bases. It'll be a spray-/barretfest map that will most likely lead to ties, I guess. Maybe a top route or tunnel (I prefer the first option) would help.

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 10:29 pm
Okay, what about this?

[IMAGE]

-The colliders are there for Anti-Barret purposes
-There is scenery in the "new" (upper-most path, just not in this screenshot, and it looks good, trust me)
-Now that I remember, there is only 1 bravo spawn point and 2 alpha, but you can change that yourselves easily.

Please feel free to post your comments, they are welcomed whether good or bad, and tell me if you want the underground tunnel (if enough ppl want it I'll make it)

Hoodlum
August 24, 2005, 11:05 pm
It looks like it would be a good DM map.

grand_diablo
August 25, 2005, 12:28 am
Id honestly scrap that smaller upper tunnel and the one you plan to dig into the ground. What about doing a bigger upper tunnel with an entrance directly vertically above the flagpit?

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 12:51 am
I love the theme and colors.

I also agree that right now it's pretty much a straight, one awy map - not much fun in ctf. Definitely add some alternative routes - maybe that underground tunnel you had up there, and at the top - like grand diablo said - put exits right above the flag ledges. Except in this case I wouldn't even make it a tunnel...just smooth the corners and give the players access to the top of the map - this would make for some interesting jet-fights, and you could put a power up or two up there.

DeMonIc
August 25, 2005, 10:16 am
Other what the others have pointed out, get rid of the support.bmp's under the right-side platform.. the other surfaces have good looking supports, so I suggest you spice up the mentioned one with something different (and better looking) than support.bmp.

Rambo_6
August 25, 2005, 5:33 pm
I see that dead soldat scenery i made has still been put to use.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 10:52 pm
Like this?

[IMAGE]

grand_diablo
August 25, 2005, 11:51 pm
Its possible the way you imagine too, but the flag would be reachable by the upper way only then, since the lower ways are easy to defend and the distance from the middle to the flag is rather big there.

my suggestion would look like that (youd have to raise the top of course)

[IMAGE]

Wyze
August 26, 2005, 12:32 am
Me and a few freinds played a few DM's on which we had a lot of sniping. After removing Barret's this map actually proves to be quite fun. The tunnel would be a very nice addition. Other than that, you might want to add a few beams to the center rocks on each side, they look too unstable.
What makes maps like this nice to see though, is the fact that you have not simply copied an original map and modified it. Too many new maps like that at the minute. Nice work, hope to see it finished.

Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 1:53 am
Okay thanks, I think I'll do it the way you've shown it Grand Diablo.

Any other suggestions that might arise will also be considered.

VodkaZombie
August 26, 2005, 1:58 am
That second screenshot looks like its been takin frmo Rok, it looks so similar.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 26, 2005, 3:47 am
I think that if you put a tunnel through the bottom of the map it would make for some really fun gameplay.

Boxo
August 26, 2005, 7:12 pm
I like your scenery style, the bunker looks nifty. There's way too much pure black, though, in polygons and sceneries. Never use that.

The layout is simple and functional, but it has some problems. I think you should use grand_diablos layout.

GJ.

Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 9:28 pm
OK, here it is, I'm not doing any more to it so take it or leave it.

[IMAGE]

The reason I used so much black is because of the theme, everything is supposed to be dead.

Download Finished Map
[URL]

Raptor
August 27, 2005, 12:54 am
WOW, now the map looks a little bit better! I love the shading!
*Downloads*