( search forums )
LAW's click-wait...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Keron Cyst
August 24, 2005, 9:04 pm
The LAW was perfectly fine before. Now errors are showing up everywhere and people are submitting bugs talking about "invisible LAWs," rockets not registering on the server, etc. and I do believe it's somehow from the startup delay. What if I get down in front of an enemy and hold left-click and he kills me before I could launch the rocket even though I waited 2 seconds (I counted it up to even 3 secs. one time)? My skill has died out with the LAW due to lag, which is a result of the click-wait. Sure it's realistic but it's not worth this junk (and if it's realistic then put it in Realistic Mode!). Get rid of the delay.

August 25, 2005, 4:12 am
Actually, Mr Keron, ur right. I always get blasted by invisible laws. There's no explosion, no sound, i just suddenly burst into a few pieces and the enemy who was carrying the law switches.

The law lag is okay, but invisible laws are getting on my nerves...

Keron Cyst
August 25, 2005, 5:50 am
Yay, someone who agrees... anyone else?

[/spam in a forum where Post Count doesn't accumulate]

F3nyx
August 25, 2005, 5:55 am
I seem to remember getting hit by invisible LAWs in every version since it was added.

I think the idea of a short delay is good, but it's too long right now. About 3/4 of a second would be good.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 5:58 am
I agree too. I use the LAW as my secondy most of the time, and most of the time, when I killed someone, they went "wtf?!?" or something like that. I used to wonder why. Then one day, as I was happily jetting along on ctf_Run, I blew up in midair. I almost went "Haxor!", when something I'd read here came to my mind and I suddenly realized why nobody had been trying to dodge my LAW missiles. I don't care about the .3 sec delay, but I want the invisible LAWs fixed.

_Mancer_
August 25, 2005, 6:38 am
I agree but stop making topics about it, its been discussed.

Happy Camper
August 25, 2005, 7:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystYay, someone who agrees... anyone else?

[/spam in a forum where Post Count doesn't accumulate]

you made this goddamn topic, in a place where posts count, wtf did you expect?

DeMonIc
August 25, 2005, 9:58 am
You know, recently I started to use LAW again, and it became obvious to me that our good old rocket-launcher friend became a real tactical weapon. You won't be racking up kills with it on main routes now, due to the heavy fire you'll be under, but in tunnels and alternative routes where you're going to face one opponent at a time, the LAW shows it's dominance, proving that the start-up time did not nerf it as much as it seems at first glance.

As for the invisible rockets, it's in no way connected with the delay time I believe, but the modifications in the netcode (which is no invisible bullets on long range).

mystery00
August 25, 2005, 10:27 am
The law shot is invisible %90 of the time i get shot with it.

Mystery

Pixofied
August 25, 2005, 11:06 am
So you got shot 10 times, and all but one were invisible? I don't think so, no need to exagerate.

mickle89
August 25, 2005, 11:21 am
I like the law now because (Please refrain from swearing)head don't just sit there and suicide themselves when you are on top of them.

frogboy
August 25, 2005, 11:35 am
quote:Originally posted by mickle89I like the law now because (Please refrain from swearing)head don't just sit there and suicide themselves when you are on top of them.

I still do that.

Mielos
August 25, 2005, 12:17 pm
I like the LAW the way it is now. The 0.3 secs isn't that much, just have to get used to it. it got kinda buggy in the 1.3 , sometimes it totally doesn't fire but that doesn't happens so often. And I'm pretty sure michal already knows about the invisible LAW shots

Belier13
August 25, 2005, 1:45 pm
Imho, There might be a section 'Im a biatch and I want to complain about the weapon' in the forum

GAMEOVER
August 25, 2005, 1:55 pm
Im always a victim of that invisable law seems like I get nailed with em more then most.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 2:57 pm
i dont like that because as soon as i spawn in (I use barret main weapon which has fire interval like crazy) i swich quickly to m72 law in 0.2 seconds it finishes the fire interval i shoot but then i have to hold it for like 1 second that stinks!!!!!

LazehBoi
August 25, 2005, 3:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117Actually, Mr Keron, ur right. I always get blasted by invisible laws. There's no explosion, no sound, i just suddenly burst into a few pieces and the enemy who was carrying the law switches.

The law lag is okay, but invisible laws are getting on my nerves...

Because you had that small chance of surviving if it was visible amirite?

TheRelinquished
August 26, 2005, 3:23 am
I agree with the original post, however, this should be moved to bugs, methinks....

Happy Camper
August 26, 2005, 5:43 am
quote:Originally posted by Belier13Imho, There might be a section 'Im a biatch and I want to complain about the weapon' in the forum

Now that my friend, is a fan-(Please refrain from swearing)ing-tastic idea.

Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 8:44 am
i agree with the crap you spread out, keron..
but i think there should be a 0.3 sec wait, though.

Captain Ben
August 26, 2005, 11:48 am
Cough, weaponeditor, cough...

Keron Cyst
August 26, 2005, 4:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Happy Camper... you made this goddamn topic, in a place where posts count, wtf did you expect?
What the heck? This was originally in The Lounge.

@Captain Ben: I like to think that not too many people are attracted to WMs...

@Mielos: It's more like three times that much if your ping's over 150.

NavySeal
August 26, 2005, 6:34 pm
you guys wanna know why? we can't use it close combat, without taking heavy dmg or getting killed by knife so we try our luck and shoot to their base a bit away from screen.