( search forums )
Self-made server problems
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 10:05 pm
i made a map today ,ctf_lost, and when i sent it to my friend. he has it in his maplist. he has the download map availiable how come it still cant find the map?? does he need to put it on a website and copy a link into soldat.ini? please help its a really cool map.

Denacke
August 24, 2005, 10:14 pm
Dedicated:
Your friend has to search the dedicated server folder, and look for a folder named "maps". This is where the map goes.

When the server is hosted on a linux box, the map names are case sensitive.

Non-dedicated:
Your friend has to search his soldat folder (default C:\Soldat), and look for a folder maps. This is where the map goes.

Furthermore he should just add it to his mapslist or he can use the in game command "/map <map>"

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 12:54 am
ok thanks, one more question, do both TCP and UDP have to be checked in order for players to download the map?

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 1:15 am
Is it saved as .PMS?

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 1:21 am
yes. it is ctf_lost.PMS

Denacke
August 25, 2005, 12:18 pm
The router needs to have two ports forwarded to the server PC.

23073: UDP
23083: TCP

Make sure you forward those to the right IP-adress (internal IP of server PC)

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 1:17 pm
ok so he needs to have 2 seperate ports for the server. ok now people are able to donwload the map from him?

thanks

Denacke
August 25, 2005, 1:54 pm
Yes port 23083 is used for file transfers (maps, scenery, textures) and 23073 for the game itself.

He also has to enable map downloading in his soldat.ini (Allow_Download=1)

Note: Map downloading is very buggy, It most likely won't work even though it's configured correctly. Hopefully these problems will be solved in next versions.

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 5:28 pm
still ..somtimes the allow_download glitches and it occasionaly will not let people download in the new version (1.3) ..but hopefully with a patch that will be fixed XD