( search forums )
Soldat in the school newspaper?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
DT
August 24, 2005, 10:15 pm
Well we all know school is starting and i've taken journalism.
So every month we have to make a article and i've gotten entertainment.
So i thought why not make a article on soldat!?
So if anyone has any objections or something just post it.
But i wonder if MM will care?

Elemental
August 24, 2005, 10:26 pm
I doubt he will, since itll just be advertising his game ;D

damnnation
August 24, 2005, 11:15 pm
i think he will care, if you do it, he can make some more money :D
and if you don't do it, then less ppl will know of this awesome game
but, maybe some ppl at school will think ur a nerd then and beat you up XD

DT
August 24, 2005, 11:23 pm
No strangly enough most people think i'm pretty cool.
Its just the jocks that don't like me.

Any ways i'm suppose to do a first draft by friday so the newspaper will come out around the begining of September.

Oh yea i'm at Lincon Way East.(kick ass school)If you wanted to know.

LazehBoi
August 24, 2005, 11:25 pm
Do it!

peemonkey
August 24, 2005, 11:40 pm
do it in october, and give us a scan and tell us what people say.

DT
August 25, 2005, 12:14 am
Sorry its September or bust.

Keron Cyst
August 25, 2005, 12:17 am
Tell the school how awesome Soldat is and how many hours its sucked out of so many lives (only to add to that collection of sickening time-waste yet more) xD

DT
August 25, 2005, 12:29 am
Well i'm not allowed to show any emoticons
but i will show all the good points in soldat...

and if there are any bad points in soldat...
I have yet to find em
except barret... teh are E\/1L indeed

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 1:08 am
Tell them to visit the forums because they have an extra special friendly moderator team ready to help anyone who comes by.

Bahahahah!

lastpatriot
August 25, 2005, 1:11 am
If you can do it without getting into hot water, do it.

Meandor
August 25, 2005, 2:16 am
I think that to show you their appreciation the readers will tie you to a stake and set you on fire. Not after having used your genitalia for a decorative composition in the honour of their favourite tiki idol anyway.

mickle89
August 25, 2005, 11:29 am
Just hope n00bs don't start playing for the shear heck that it was in the paper.

DT
August 25, 2005, 10:09 pm
I'm worryed about that.
yea there has been alot of new freshmen this year...
160 seniors leave and over 1000 freshmen come.
4/5 are idiots

Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 8:33 am
thats why we have moderators :P

Captain Ben
August 26, 2005, 11:20 am
Just do it!

Keron Cyst
August 26, 2005, 5:09 pm
Wait wait wait wait wait, that many n00bs who might actually touch the game? I think most people's reaction will be "Ooh, look at the pretty screenshots" (if you can fit 'em in; I don't think so) or "What's a soldat?" and never actually go to [URL] but just say "This guy's a total nerd." If you really think that they'll start playing the game we'd better recheck this.

xD

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 8:51 pm
NOOOOO!!!!!

We have enough barretards and n00bs out there in the Soldat world.

But if you must.

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 10:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystWait wait wait wait wait, that many n00bs who might actually touch the game? I think most people's reaction will be "Ooh, look at the pretty screenshots" (if you can fit 'em in; I don't think so) or "What's a soldat?" and never actually go to [URL] but just say "This guy's a total nerd." If you really think that they'll start playing the game we'd better recheck this.

xD

Fully agreed. You gust cant take that chance if that 1% is YOU

paramud
August 27, 2005, 11:54 pm
Have people who don't understand it come and ask you about it.
but tell them that the barret and minigun will get them instabanned on most servers.

DT
August 30, 2005, 8:06 pm
Ok so here is my first draft...

Soldat
D***/T***
Staff Reporter

Soldat is a massively popular online freeware game that features a 2-D environment with realtime shooting! Soldat is extremely fun and addicting. It is a cross between worms (a tactical turn based 2-D game), Liero (a real time 2-D shooting game), and N (a puzzle game that features a gold hungry ninja). Soldat is free to play, and is downloadable at their homepage (www.soldat.pl.). Soldat has many features such as (need to research) and more! So go and download it now and lets frag some barreturds!

This IS my 1st draft so it is not suppose to be good...
Post anything you think i should have...

Jello
September 2, 2005, 5:55 am
Does Soldat really compare all the much to N? They're both 2D, sure, but I think it holds more in common with a 3D multiplayer shooter like Counter-Strike than a puzzle game, no matter how much they look alike.

peemonkey
September 2, 2005, 7:52 am
get rid of the enthiusiasum (feck spellin's)
not too sure if people will know what N liero and Worms arae withough knowing what soldat is, may as well leave that outta it
im not too sure you should do this unless your popularity is already (Please refrain from swearing)ty.

a-4-year-old
September 2, 2005, 5:39 pm
most will go and say "2d!!! what!!! no way!!! im gonna go play half-life2 because im a rich snot nose who has an alienware and you have your diy in a 1995 gateway casing!"