( search forums )
INF Militia
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 2:20 am
[IMAGE]

I've been working on this since I finished dm_SandValley. The layout is pretty much done, along with all the visuals (considering I'm at the max scenery limit). This map would have been released 2 days ago, except for the bots - those little (Please refrain from swearing)s just don't take orders. It's impossible to get them to use the jetpack effectively, I've tried everything...they just can't jet up onto a platform. They always overshoot it by a mile.

So..any comments/suggestions while the map is still out there? Should I just release it without perfect bot support? (At the moment they function, the blue bots go to defensive points on the ground and the red bots are able to get to the blue base. To get them to take the flag, though, I"d have to move it in a position reachable by the dumbass bots.)

Chakra`
August 25, 2005, 2:37 am
Nice architecture. Looks a bit like a campers paradise on that bit between the castle and the hill. That'd be a bit tricky to change though..

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 4:14 am
Just for clarification..the left base is where the black flag is (blue spawns in the speech bubble shaped area) and the right side is the red spawn. Mountain is middle grounds.

Thanks for your comment.

Hoodlum
August 25, 2005, 5:08 am
Woah that map is sexy.

Keron Cyst
August 25, 2005, 5:36 am
I like the animated image :-P

Shading in the center of the boulder looks kinda off. And yeah, the top of that thing looks like it's a camping paradise. Put some colliding sandbags at the very edge of each side or somethin'. It looks a little plain scenery-wise but otherwise looks like it has great potential!

quote:Originally posted by Chakra`... castle...
*lol* Yeah, that factory looks like a castle from overview ;-P

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 7:07 am
O_O Kewl image!

papasurf31
August 25, 2005, 11:46 am
Nice map overview. I maight start doing that too.

As for the map, its quite nice. The shading is a bit too subtle around the base areas, and besides the two factories, scenery placement is too sparse. Add some things to spice it up more. The layout looks okay, but it's too open for my personal tastes. And, I think the map should be more focused on the factories rather than the massive space around them. Still though, it's quite a nice map, especially for your 2nd, and a huge improvement over your first (icicles in the desert WTF!?).

Good Job.

BTW - Is this based on the CS map militia? Cause I know it exists but I haven't actually played it.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 11:56 am
Not based off cs_militia. I just chose the name :) As for scenery, yea it looks like there's hardly any from the overview but once you get down into the game it looks pretty good - promise. I've used the max scenery limit, even the tunnels are detailed with camonet, wooden supports, barbwire, boxes, barrels, etc. Just because there's no trees doesn't mean scenery is sparse ;)

Thanks for the comments so far. I got the blue bots working a little better now, they can fly up onto some of the platforms and take defensive positions. The red also got the black flack once, which I was honestly quite surprised about - didn't think they would be smart enough to get up there was the waypoints I gave them (the flag is at the top of the tower with the triangle shaped roof)

Felix
August 25, 2005, 12:51 pm
Can't see any pic, fix your links.

grand_diablo
August 25, 2005, 1:06 pm
Looks nice, but Id recommend an alternate entrance for bravo, otherwise their basetunnel can be easily camped.

Rambo_6
August 25, 2005, 5:17 pm
I made a CS-based map a long time ago called inf_Militia, but i think this map deserves the name.

Nos-D
August 25, 2005, 5:19 pm
Looks cool dude, but i never play Inf =o.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 9:19 pm
Thanks all.
quote:Originally posted by FelixCan't see any pic, fix your links.

Fix your internet ;) (image is 700 kb animated gif..may be slow on 56k)

Boxo
August 26, 2005, 7:15 pm
I like it! The layout is good, the visuals are decent, and it's fun to play on. I especially like the castle/factory. Extra props for the nifty animated overview. GJ.

Raptor
August 27, 2005, 12:58 am
I like this map! It looks cool... but... as Chakra' said, this map looks like a camper's paradise. Good Job!

Edit: I like the animated image!

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 5:17 pm
THanks again. Still working on the waypointing...I've had to move the flags to the ground but the bots can still take all routes to/from the flag. Release is not far off :)

GAMEOVER
August 28, 2005, 7:18 am
looks good looks HUGE

Deleted User
August 28, 2005, 1:57 pm
Maybe it's better to have different colors and textures for the buildings and the land

Deleted User
August 28, 2005, 5:01 pm
ummm where's the download link?