( search forums )
How to align muzzle flash with the gun?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
N1nj@
August 25, 2005, 4:20 am
I am trying to align the muzzle flash with the gun, but when I look at the fire.bmp for each of the guns, i notice it doesn't work like clip.bmp..so I was wondering how can I align them?

August 25, 2005, 4:24 am
hold on, lemme try this, ill post my result in a few mins

EDIT: there's no 'real' formula. It goes by instinct rlly, u have to predict or go by trial and error. If it's too far away, move it back. Too close, move it further.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 4:33 am
You just have to test once ingame - that's what I do. First, make all your fire.bmps (for all the weapons). Then, run Soldat and test each weapon ingame, while taking a screen of each fire. Next, open each screen up in MS Paint, crank up the zoom to 800 percent on the fire, and count the distance from the fire to the muzzle (if any). Last, make changes to each muzzle flash according to your count.

Keron Cyst
August 25, 2005, 5:29 am
Man, aznbl00d's method sounds really tedious, especially if you decide to revise a weapon-gfx. Why can't the gunflash images just be the same size as their respective weapon images (with more width for the flash to put afterwards) so you can just Alt + [TAB] and watch the spacing?...

August 25, 2005, 5:43 am
Liek i said, its just a trial and error. One day, michal will fix it...

Lol, its hard to count u know,

1 pixel
2 pixel
3 pixel
More

papasurf31
August 25, 2005, 11:54 am
Aznblood's method is by far the best, despite how tedious it is. I use that way also when aligning things. It provides the most accurate results and really isn't all that much work once you get down to it.

wunderbear
August 25, 2005, 2:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117Liek i said, its just a trial and error. One day, michal will fix it...

Lol, its hard to count u know,

1 pixel
2 pixel
3 pixel
More

I prefer the "1, 2, many, lots" counting system.

N1nj@
August 25, 2005, 2:58 pm
oh alright. Thanks a lot guys!