( search forums )
IE 7 Beta Out
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Vijchtidoodah
August 25, 2005, 10:36 am
Get it while you can!

Feel free to turn this into a thread whining about how bad IE is or how great Opera and Firefox are...I could care less, it's just entertaining to read the ridiculous arguments you come up with.

Aquarius
August 25, 2005, 10:50 am
quote:Get it while you can!

While I can't. XP SP2 users only, others are left out. Better this than nothing though.

m00`
August 25, 2005, 11:47 am
will it replace firefox if i install it?

Milkman Dan
August 25, 2005, 12:08 pm
highly doubtful m00`

i for one used to be pro ie, but ie7 looks REALLY (Please refrain from swearing)

FliesLikeABrick
August 25, 2005, 1:02 pm
this has been out for a while :P

Vijchtidoodah
August 25, 2005, 1:48 pm
I heard that the early betas had been out, but I didn't know that something so close to the final version like this was. Oh well, you can't stay ahead of the crowd all the time.

N1nj@
August 25, 2005, 3:00 pm
Omg, all these programs only work with WinXP, wtf man =/

August 25, 2005, 3:15 pm
YES! I will finally be rid of IE when i go linux. My dad can't make me use IE, cos it wont work!

FliesLikeABrick
August 25, 2005, 3:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117YES! I will finally be rid of IE when i go linux. My dad can't make me use IE, cos it wont work!

omg you're cool

Denacke
August 25, 2005, 3:55 pm
He's so gonna fail with linux :P

UltraMagnus
August 25, 2005, 4:00 pm
ill stick with firefox

frogboy
August 25, 2005, 4:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117YES! I will finally be rid of IE when i go linux.

Wrong. (taken from winehq.org)

August 25, 2005, 4:06 pm
Heh, my dream was squished. Im just waiting for linux to become stable... some say it can be run from CD, something on pc world. Maybe ill just change the route to IE, so ill never use it again.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 4:30 pm
Hm, it runs on my other comp (which is Windows XP), but doesn't seem to work on my Linux box, even though I wouldn't be using it anyways.

FliesLikeABrick
August 25, 2005, 5:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117Heh, my dream was squished. Im just waiting for linux to become stable... some say it can be run from CD, something on pc world. Maybe ill just change the route to IE, so ill never use it again.

... waiting for linux to become stable? I've been using linux for a long time and it is safe to say it is the most stable OS in existence. Stop talking like a little boy who wants to get on linux as a sign of status. There are tons of people like you who want to get on linux just to look cool and brag about how you can get away from windows stuff, but it is also peopel like you who sit in IRC channels like #linux asking stupid questions and looking for someone to tell you everything there is to know about linux.

There are distrobutions of linux which run straight from a CD. Knoppix, ubuntu, and a bunch of others have very friendly versions where you boot right from the cd and it doesnt touch your HD at all, but they are very slow when you're opening programs and stuff.

Change the route to IE... eh? makes a ton of sense

Aquarius
August 25, 2005, 6:21 pm
quote: I've been using linux for a long time and it is safe to say it is the most stable OS in existence.

Did you try every OS to say this? Just asking...

UltraMagnus
August 25, 2005, 6:44 pm
ehh, i still think os/2 warp is more stable...

Elephant_Hunter
August 25, 2005, 7:07 pm
Here is a great review for the browser. After it's officially released I'll want to compare it's features to ones in Firefox and Opera, but right now it's only in beta stages.

Review

If you want to try out the alpha version of Firefox ("Deer Park Alpha 2"), it's available for download as well. Very stable from what I've seen.

Deer Park

Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 12:15 pm
FliesLikeABrick, I'm getting quite concerned at how much you flame people nowadays.

Vijchtidoodah
August 26, 2005, 12:26 pm
I'm concerned about how much I've been agreeing with Stalky lately.

Denacke
August 26, 2005, 1:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkyFliesLikeABrick, I'm getting quite concerned at how much you flame people nowadays.

It's stress for an upcoming event on sunday. It'll go over :P

ráz0r
August 26, 2005, 1:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Denackequote:Originally posted by StalkyFliesLikeABrick, I'm getting quite concerned at how much you flame people nowadays.

It's stress for an upcoming event on sunday. It'll go over :P

He grew a pube and he feels manly, thats all.

karmazon
August 26, 2005, 2:30 pm
EVIL