( search forums )
People cant see my game!
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Shard
August 26, 2005, 8:25 am
when i host a net game my friends cant see it in the list plz help

n00bface
August 26, 2005, 8:39 am
Is the "Register to Lobby Server" checkbox checked under the network tab when you start Soldat?
In the console, does it say it was Registered to the lobby server?

Shard
August 27, 2005, 12:47 am
im not an idiot. its regestered in lobby and selected on internet. do you have to register to host online?

n00bface
August 27, 2005, 1:44 am
No you don't. So it does say it registered to the lobby server in the console?

Then check http://lobby.soldat.pl/ and look for your server there. If it's there, then that means your friends couldn't see it in the list either due to a problem with filters or because of a bug where not every server showed up when they clicked "Request Servers".

Shard
August 27, 2005, 3:28 am
it worked thx.

Shard
August 27, 2005, 3:35 am
um how do you turn off the filters?

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 3:52 am
Untick them in the filters menu....

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 5:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceNo you don't. So it does say it registered to the lobby server in the console?

Then check http://lobby.soldat.pl/ and look for your server there. If it's there, then that means your friends couldn't see it in the list either due to a problem with filters or because of a bug where not every server showed up when they clicked "Request Servers".

Well... Same thing happened to my clan's server. It doesn't show up, even when I press request servers again. What's the problem?
P.S. It's registered in lobby, I saw the server 30mins ago and it went away. It's still online, though.

Deleted User
August 28, 2005, 1:39 am
As stupid as this may sound, try re-downloading the server stuff. I had the same problem and I just deleted my old dedicated server folder, and downloaded a new one.

Deleted User
August 28, 2005, 8:33 am
Didn't work. Anybody else, do you know how to?

n00bface
August 28, 2005, 8:50 am
You can use the command "/lobby" to reregister your server to the lobby server.

Deleted User
August 28, 2005, 9:23 am
But I can't write onto the dedicated server. It's the newest...

FliesLikeABrick
August 28, 2005, 4:15 pm
zipp0 are you talking about not being able to write into the little black box? you have to admin the server using an admin tool like SARJ or any of the other ones that are out there. Look through the fan apps section for them. You can't just type right into the server box, it is strictly for the output