Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 5:59 pm
LAWS (Light Anti-tank Weapons)
http://science.howstuffworks.com/rpg.htm

Keron Cyst
August 26, 2005, 6:09 pm
*looks at URL & doesn't click*

Missile launchers and RPGs are the same?

F3nyx
August 26, 2005, 6:19 pm
Actually, LAWs, bazookas, recoilless rifles and that sort of thing are generally classified as RPGs nowadays. The page shows a picture of a real-life M72 LAW.

I believe the term "missile launcher" now usually refers to longer-range/guided systems -- say, a Stinger as opposed to an AT4.

Just click the link next time, seriously. Just because he's got a low postcount doesn't mean he's an idiot. <looks at own low postcount>

Maninhow
August 26, 2005, 6:24 pm
Hmm, i thought that was bigger. lol?

Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 7:05 pm
RPG=rocket prepelled granades

Keron Cyst
August 26, 2005, 7:07 pm
What? *lol* I never said he was stupid, and that hadn't anything to do with the Post Count at all! xP But I'll go check anyways.

Ooh, Tasers...

Rather, what I meant was (in a really obscure way) "What was the point of this thread?" I don't know how we can program pieces of metal from the junk heap (referring to the thing you're using to read this) to do stuff just by zapping electricity into them, or how batteries and magnets function, but whatever; as long as they go I'm fine.

*keeps reading*
Mm... back blast... I still want that to be implemented.

aprilninety
August 26, 2005, 10:39 pm
wow, so i'm not the only one that uses howstuffworks.

howstuffworks is a great site for learning just about anything from simple circuits to physics etc...

but yeah soldat has two anti-tank weapons right? is this all pointing to some future update? ;)

doubt it!

Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 11:21 pm
why have people started making topics about law's since i made ...that topic..

paramud
August 26, 2005, 11:34 pm
Because you made "...that topic..." and now its an arguement of RPG vs. Rocket launcher.
But still, LAWs are rocket launchers/bazooka/AMMO for rocket launchers
ROCKETS, NOT MISSILES

frogboy
August 27, 2005, 2:30 am
LAWs aren't ammo, since providing the enemy with weapons is a stupid idea.

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 3:48 am
the difference betwwen a rocket and a missile is that a rocket carries an oxygen tank with it i believe

F3nyx
August 27, 2005, 4:02 am
quote: the difference betwwen a rocket and a missile is that a rocket carries an oxygen tank with it i believe
Nope, not correct at all. Many missiles use solid fuel which doesn't require an oxygen tank.

According to this website:[URL]
the difference is that a missile has a guidance system. However, this distinction is fairly new... "missile" used to mean anything thrown or otherwise projected, from a slingshot projectile to an arrow to a... missile. Thus in a sense the terms are fairly interchangeable; however, the projectile fired by the LAW (unguided) is definitely a rocket.

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 5:24 am
read again, i didnt say missiles had oxygen tanks... but your right about missiles are guided

VodkaZombie
August 27, 2005, 5:40 am
quote:howstuffworks is a great site for learning just about anything from simple circuits to physics etc...

Glad i dont need to, i know how stuff works.

UGK
August 27, 2005, 6:07 am
i know how my tv works!awesome now i can watch AOTS!LAWS suck and i just donw want to cliick the URL