( search forums )
Tazer !
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
ráz0r
August 26, 2005, 6:14 pm
zap someone from about .. chainsaw range x3/4 and they are stuck for about 3 seconds, for you too have your wicked way with them.. I think this would be a fun weapon.. also could have funny zap animation, ahh :D.

aprilninety
August 26, 2005, 10:41 pm
hmm! one step away from a star wars laser blaster.

would they die, or would they be stunned so you can whip out your chainsaw to finish the kill?

numgun
August 27, 2005, 12:29 am
i suggest just paralyzed (stunned) and u could disarm or kill the enemy within 0.5 - 3.0 secs. by ur hands or other weap. and i suggest that the stunner would work in single shots (shoot enemy once: he gets stunned for few secs.) not like ´´hold down the fire button and let him fry.´´

*agrees with stunner idea*

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 12:55 am
i like it, would it be a promary or a secondary

ráz0r
August 27, 2005, 12:58 am
Secondary

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 3:06 am
lmfao this would rock.
it would piss some many people off too
""TZARE NOOB""

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 5:31 am
Now that would be fun... I can see tasers becoming very popular in ctf too; imagine a group rushing into the enemy base and stunning the defending opponents while they capture the flag. I mean, you could probably stun an opponent with a shot of the taser much more quickly than you could kill them with multiple shots from a gun.

Range should definitely be longer than chainsaw (otherwise you may as well just use the saw), but it shouldn't be nearly as long as most weapons. Reload should be anywhere from m79 to barret range in length, so you can get multiple uses out of it before you die, but not run around constantly stunning people like crazy.

Messiah
August 27, 2005, 5:39 am
As long as it dosent have 1260293823 range, its fine make it like the knife.

Koon
August 27, 2005, 9:33 pm
whats the point of getting next to someone so you can stun them then kill them? wouldnt it be easier to use a chainsaw or knife? this would make a decent secondary only if it had some range.

Denacke
August 27, 2005, 9:37 pm
I completely agree with Koon.

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 10:59 pm
Same as Koon.

zyxstand
August 28, 2005, 8:15 am
Koon's got a good point...the only way this would work is if you'd take out the chainsaw completely...

murska
August 28, 2005, 9:41 am
I think the enemy should have a chance of recovering or something, as it would be a much better way to kill enemies than shooting with a gun. Maybe that the enemy can't move, but can shoot, even if very slowly. Think of it, you are running away with the flag, an annoying sniper behind you, and you use tazer on him. He stops on his feet, shouting curses behind you.

Nuts
August 28, 2005, 4:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by Koonwhats the point of getting next to someone so you can stun them then kill them? wouldnt it be easier to use a chainsaw or knife? this would make a decent secondary only if it had some range.
The point would be as simple as this: the stunned players doesnt respawn if you dont kill them when they are stunned, so the base is empty, while your teammates goes to take the flag.

And... i like this idea! But i prefer the stun time would be more than 5 seconds.

And the chainsaw doesnt kill so easily when you go fast into the enemy.

zyxstand
August 28, 2005, 8:22 pm
what about a tazer gun!
i dunno the actual name or anything but its that gun the cop used in 'meet the fockers' where its connected with a cable to the gun - so reload would simply be you reeling in the cord or something and if you hit he won't be able to move much.

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 12:05 am
The corded thing is actually what I had in mind when I made my earlier post. The nature of the weapon would allow for a range longer than chainsaw, but shorter than most weapons.

Captain Ben
August 29, 2005, 10:11 am
Corded, definetly.
There should be a /tazerme option so you can do some living ragdoll action! And just for a twist that could put realism to shame, perhaps it could stick into walls, allowing to to swing?

The @venger
August 29, 2005, 5:27 pm
what about a distruptor, temporarily knocking out your jets?

Messiah
August 29, 2005, 6:08 pm
The reload should be like the barret really slow, or else it would be really cheap/lame and if you do want it to have a 1 sec reload just use the "Weapons Mod" :) But i doubt this is gonna happen but it would be fun/cool.

Meandor
August 30, 2005, 9:37 am
Indeed, it should have a reload of at least 5 seconds, or it'd really make the saw even more useless. Koon, Denacke and KK - unless you're using barret or m79, none other will kill them in one hit, even if close. He might not have the time to draw it if he hasn't already, but if he has, he will get an advantage out of it.

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 9:20 pm
What about an actual tazer gun like the police use
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/womantazer.html
Theres one being used if you havent seen one before.

Captain Ben
August 31, 2005, 9:35 am
... I want one. Now.

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 6:39 pm
Yeah it could be shot a limited range thanks to the cord.

CottonTheMoth
September 2, 2005, 1:12 am
*Imagines myself swinging people around with tazer cord*XD MAKE IT NOW!! It SHOULD have a pretty small length though, like about just as far as you can throw a nade, maybe less, but definantly not any more.*swingWALLSMACK* MAKE IT PLEASE!! XD. I so wanna be spiderman and swing around all over the place like in captain ben's idea. That'd be awesome..
TEAM(man 1:fall into the pit and shoot at the wall as you get to the end troops!
I can so imagine some fun swinging action..lol
Although I doubt the possibility to swing people around, I still think that a tazer would be a very good idea.

.Twelve
September 2, 2005, 2:23 am
What if you like...clicked once and turned the tazer on and then you could throw it ad stun the enmy for a bit.
Imagine stunning a dead body with it =/.

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 3:05 am
I don't really see the point in clicking to turn it on, and then clicking again to fire. It'd be unneccesary if you ask me.

As for swinging people around... I don't know if that could be implemented, and doubt that it would be regardless, even though it'd make for a sweet grapple beam in a Metroid mod.

Lolly
September 7, 2005, 2:28 am
*Pictures a soldat /mercying with a tazer*

Rofl. TZER NOOB!
Bob Dole approves this idea.

Deleted User
September 9, 2005, 1:32 am
This would be hilarious. I would drop my knife just to taze people.

Jorourke92
September 10, 2005, 7:15 pm
that movie is sick!

lastpatriot
September 10, 2005, 7:23 pm
Couldn't you just mod a chainsaw? And make the death animation have blue blood(for electricity)?

I modded my Barret to be a KOAR(Knife On A Rope).

Zegovia
September 10, 2005, 8:39 pm
That movie is Evil......

How about that the cord would bounce back (like a rubber band) when it has reached its maximum lengh....*boooing!!*

And when you have shot someone with it, you can hold fire to zap yer victim, the longer you hold the more zapped will the fella be (the battery wouldnt last loong though).... and maybe it would make just a small amounth of damage...

Deleted User
September 10, 2005, 10:10 pm
Any damage it would deal would have to be negligible at most, and really it'd be unnecessary. If I found myself in a situation where my primary was lost somehow or I didn't have time for reload or something, and all I had was the taser, I'd just stun my target and then start punching them; either they'd get killed by my fists, or drop their weapon for me to pick up and kill them with.

Ace-AnArChY
September 17, 2005, 2:10 am
that would be so cool but the tazerd person shud have a chance to get away or somin

lastpatriot
September 17, 2005, 1:39 pm
I imagine it would work the same way as a chainsaw...

Deleted User
September 17, 2005, 4:38 pm
thats good idea i guess ^^

Deleted User
September 17, 2005, 4:43 pm
Dont like it. Possibilities sound cool but it would give birth to a new w-hory breed of tazer-tards which would really get annoying.

Deleted User
September 17, 2005, 8:49 pm
That's why tasers would have a short range and a single shot with long reload, as well as deal no damage. Stun time wouldn't be long either, so you'd have to act fast to make the effort it'd take to use it worth anything.