( search forums )
HTF_Dusk
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Michal
August 26, 2005, 10:59 pm
Yay, my 3rd map. I made it 100% in PolyWorks, took me about 6-8 hours over 3 days. No custom scenery or textures and it's not waypointed, maybe I'll waypoint when PolyWorks supports it ;]

The flag spawns either on the bridge or in the small bunker at the top. Smart players would grab the flag and run to one of their teams buildings since it's easier to defend from there. (You can tell which teams building it is by the colour of the supports)

The only special PolyWorks feature I used was the untexture feature (for the water), in an earlier version I used invisible polys for a border, but I decided not to keep it in the end.

Anyways, here it is. I hope to play it in some good servers :>

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Download

cooz
August 26, 2005, 11:05 pm
great skilled PolyWorks job,
and water looks sweet! :)

GluLm
August 26, 2005, 11:06 pm
Hmm how to say...
I think it's the best HTF map so far!
And it's the first one with invisible polygons too. Aww, it looked ok on my screen though -_-;
The bunkers really adds to the gameplay. Really good job!
Yay for PolyWorks too. :)

cooz
August 26, 2005, 11:58 pm
Glum: "in an earlier version I used invisible polys for a border, but I decided not to keep it in the end."

there are still some problems with it i think :/

Hitman
August 27, 2005, 12:06 am
That is f**king awesome. Best map I've seen made in Polyworks so far.

Boxo
August 27, 2005, 12:15 am
Wow!

That's really beautiful. I love those bunkers, they're perfect for HTF. Great work.

m00`
August 27, 2005, 12:33 am
should be an official htf map plox

vash763
August 27, 2005, 12:35 am
hoe much jet is there? just wondering

the maps looks GREAT, i can't wait to play it

Raptor
August 27, 2005, 12:49 am
OMG GREAT MAP! It is awesome, I like the bunkers!
Good Job!

papasurf31
August 27, 2005, 12:53 am
Awesome map, great water effects, the layout is perfect. This is the best thing I've seen polyworks do that still fits into the soldat style. I'd like to think my map was nice, but it didn't really feel like soldat. This should definitely be made into default.

BTW - How do you do invisible polys?

Michal
August 27, 2005, 1:48 am
Invisible polygons aren't available in any currently released version yet.

I took the invisible border polys out because for some reason the edges would randomly show up. I could have done it with single invisible polygons, but then they were too thin and they wouldn't meet well in the corners and bullets/players could get through. That kind of defeated the purpose of having a border :P
But the map is small so there's not much space for bullets and players to go outside the map.

And thanks for the comments guys :]

chakapoko maker
August 27, 2005, 3:49 am
very nice, the structures are nifty and goood to bring a flag back. personally i just want more brightness and a wall or something that means the end of the map area. it's okay.
i alway like the size of structure you make. when people is in it, it looks very proper.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 27, 2005, 4:12 am
I like the way that you layed everything out. Hopefully it will be on some servers soon!

Keron Cyst
August 27, 2005, 7:17 am
"Hopefully, Mike'?! B-)

Best HTF map ever. If it, like chakapoko maker said, was enclosed like htf_Boxed or something (that wouldn't really fit in with the current "floating-boulder" style, but this way people can just drop off the edge of the map to get full health again) it'd be even better.
I love the color selection. The bunkers might look a bit too similar to each other tho'...

IlIdan
August 27, 2005, 8:18 am
damn (Please refrain from swearing)!

Can you write a manual?

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 9:47 am
I can't say anything that is bad in this map. By the way, somehow it reminds me of Battlefield 2...

BobJustBob
August 27, 2005, 10:59 am
Excellent choice of colors, my friend, they all compliment each other nicely. :D

Avarax
August 27, 2005, 3:15 pm
[code]great skilled PolyWorks job,
and water looks sweet! :)[/code]

[code]Hmm how to say...
I think it's the best HTF map so far!
[/code]

I agree with them :)
superfunky shading too!
nice texture choice.

i'd love something like smoke stacks on the bunkers :D

y0da
August 27, 2005, 3:27 pm
after the new Soldat 1.3 came out i never played HTF (nevah! xD). Now i'm going to have a try. ^^ GJ!

Bunford5
September 3, 2005, 4:59 am
Excellent work. You sir are an artist.

P.S. My Knife & saw HTF server can only hold 6 people :( Please someone run a decent one...

Edit (again) : Please add some waypoints for my bots. They feel so lost without them.

Yukwunhang
September 3, 2005, 5:41 am
:OOOOO
Great job, this is way better than my ctf_china X(

Rambo_6
September 3, 2005, 6:14 am
That water is sexy.

Marry me.

tntnik
September 3, 2005, 3:51 pm
lol!!! i was just making a map just like this one!!!! man, it looks so nice :D cant wait for waypoint support

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 8:01 pm
Great map! I really like the atmosphere. The background colors are chosen very well, as well as the fantastic shading.

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 8:48 pm
Freakin' awsome, nice map Michal.

Bunford5
September 9, 2005, 9:53 pm
Can someone add waypoints to this map plz? I really want to use it.

_Mancer_
September 10, 2005, 11:43 pm
Wow!

vash763
September 11, 2005, 12:33 am
I love this map, someone waypoint please!

And i wish HTF had options for all 4 teams :(

GAMEOVER
September 11, 2005, 12:39 am
vn map I <3 it!