( search forums )
Solved: Player Numbers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 3:17 am
If someone has a really complicated name it can be tiring to type the whole name into a command like kill or kick. I know every player has a number in the server, but how does it work. is it assigned on entry? And if im not paying attention to who's comming in or when they came in how can i view the numbers?

Keron Cyst
August 27, 2005, 7:37 am
I read in the change-log that you can push Tab to have the text automatically finish a name that you typed halfway through or so but it doesn't work for me. I've never heard of player #s...

m00`
August 27, 2005, 8:52 am
click / then click F1 then you can see the player numberr (the console has to be on) and to automatically type up a players name his name has to be in the beggining of the sentence so you cant put it in the middle of sentences

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 9:02 am
Press F1. If you have /kick, /setteam, /kill, etc. it will show you a number next to each persons name.

Edit: Argh, you beat me too it, m00.

frogboy
August 27, 2005, 9:56 am
The number is assigned on entry, and if you're typing in a command with the scores on, it will show the number next to the person.

EDIT: The tab-complete only works at the start of a line.

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 12:24 pm
thanks guys, i think this will help alot of guys who are also frustrated by the number thing. Thanks