( search forums )
DM Fastgray
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
chakapoko maker
August 27, 2005, 3:23 am
hi again. it's for 4 players or few. there's no color and it was a shading test. like bigfalls on layout but this one has more fast gameplay, by much fuel and colliders on the bottom of a big space. all i can say atm is that Flashback and Krab is too good. k, have fun if you like it.

Overview
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5344/overviewfastgray7pe.jpg
Download
http://home.ripway.com/2004%2D6/122182/public/Fastgray.PMS

Keron Cyst
August 27, 2005, 3:50 am
Hm. Shading's kinda awkward but it's a refreshing new look...

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 5:36 am
Yes, I saw this on your webspace, too, and got it ahead of time. But the bots get stuck in the lower right box...

Avarax
August 27, 2005, 2:55 pm
sorry to say that chakapoko but this is your first map that i do not like, the shading is just ugly, and the layout isnt the best too... use more colours and bring some more action to the right side of the map by adding a tunnel from the lower right to the upper right part...

Anna
August 27, 2005, 6:42 pm
I love the shading, as with all your maps, it creates a lot of depth and definition. The colour scheme is great too, the background contrasts nicely with the scenery. Layout is good and smooth as well, I like the secret tunnel ;) Great job :D *adds to collection*

Raptor
August 27, 2005, 6:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by Avaraxsorry to say that chakapoko but this is your first map that i do not like, the shading is just ugly, and the layout isnt the best too... use more colours and bring some more action to the right side of the map by adding a tunnel from the lower right to the upper right part...

I agree with you Avarax, and I don't like the texture of the map, try changing it.

Michal
August 27, 2005, 7:01 pm
The layout is good for fast paced games, but I don't really like how it looks. The colours are too unnatural for my tastes and in some places the shading looks very flat.

GAMEOVER
August 28, 2005, 7:19 am
i like it love faster paced games.

Deleted User
August 28, 2005, 8:57 pm
I took a look at this map and said "wow."
I think its beautiful, definately original. It's one of those maps where you either love it or ya hate it.
The only thing i dont like is the scenery, it doesn't fit with the colors of the polygons.
Extremely good shading, it actually looks like theres some light source thats making it look the way it does.

8/10

Rambo_6
August 28, 2005, 10:58 pm
I usually like your maps, Chakapoko, but i sorta don't like this one.

- Weird shading on that big block...
- Somewhat strange color scheme
- Weird shading on the bottom floor

Other than that, it isn't too bad. I am sure the gameplay compensates.

GluLm
August 29, 2005, 1:04 am
Don't you see he tried to had some shadows in there?
I think it looks pretty good for a greyish map... and the gameplay is good, so yeah it compensate somehow.
As for the bush scenery on the top of the big block, it doesn't really fit the map.
Bah, it's still good anyway. Can't expect less quality from chakapoko maker's maps. ;)