( search forums )
ctf_Ex1 - a climb map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
chakapoko maker
August 27, 2005, 3:40 am
description: kz map
now we can backflip, so it might be a good timing to make it. Ex is "ex-" in dictionary. 1 means it's the first one of this maps, i don't know when i make the next. anyways it looks hell and good for some guys who like the taste. new texture has been used and you can use it in your map if you want to. havfun.

Overview
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/1533/overviewctfex12ej.jpg
Download
http://home.ripway.com/2004-6/122182/public/ctf_ex1.zip

UGK
August 27, 2005, 3:46 am
looks kinda......ill try it

Elemental
August 27, 2005, 3:50 am
Looks nice from up here, ill try it in-game soon.
Most people dont put shading in their climb maps, so "yay" :P

Edit:
Did you mean to make the first polys taht you jump on to get over the death polys buggy? :/
And..the jet is lower than ive ever seen before -.-

m00`
August 27, 2005, 4:07 am
why the hell do you put ur map in a folder in the zip file, do you think its fun extracting it somewere to then copy and paste the contents of the folder into my soldat directory, why dont people make things fregin convenient

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 27, 2005, 4:10 am
I like the map because it is one of the only attractive climbing maps.

chakapoko maker
August 27, 2005, 4:14 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`why the hell do you put ur map in a folder in the zip file, do you think its fun extracting it somewere to then copy and paste the contents of the folder into my soldat directory, why dont people make things fregin convenient

because i don't know how to put two files that have the same filename in one directory. tell me the better way if you know.

m00`
August 27, 2005, 4:35 am
for your maps case i'd make 2 folders, one is maps and one is textures maps a folder called edges or what ever its called

you put the files into the certain folders then you zip those folders up so we can easily extract them to our soldat directory!

nice map btw :O

chakapoko maker
August 27, 2005, 5:35 am
>Elemental
that is bug... it never happen while testing. the last compile did mischief. i will fix it, though it's *boing* funny.
>m00
k, i would do like that after i drink some milk much.

IlIdan
August 27, 2005, 8:31 am
to many bugs... (Please refrain from swearing) map...

chakapoko maker
August 27, 2005, 9:54 am
yeah there's a new bug thingy i've found on this map. i set the max amount of nade and medikit as 8 and 6. but the map obviously doesn't spawn them enough. of course i've checked all of spawn point and counted them. i don't know how crates generate, i guess it relates to the overall size and distribution of spawn, for no reason. btw 1.21 has the same problem with the same map.

papasurf31
August 27, 2005, 12:50 pm
It's odd and disjointed looking in a good sort of way. Once again, your shading is a bit quirky in places, but the sheer challenge of the gameplay on this map is worth it, if it weren't for the polybugs scattered throughout the map. Still, the layout is very original and I love the coloring because it's different from the standard green and brown that we see so often.

I always wished these maps had some kind of amazing reward at the end, like a bunch of bonuses and a sign that says "Congrats, you're not a homo!"

Overall, pretty good map, probably the most well shaded climb map I've seen thus far.

Avarax
August 27, 2005, 3:21 pm
well well, nice that someone still creates these maps, i miss the good old climbing days in 1.2...
i think ill get back on kz_simple and kz_maze, they will be worth the effort...

DeMonIc
August 27, 2005, 5:19 pm
This is the best looking climbing map I'll give you that, but it's not the greatest.
It's not really difficult, since the jet regenerates so fast that you can almost float with it. I like the minor secrets that are in it, but they are pretty easily noticable / reachable. Try making a harder kz map with more secrets (and the same beauty).

GluLm
August 27, 2005, 5:48 pm
quote:DeMonIc wrote:It's not really difficult, since the jet regenerates so fast that you can almost float with it.
It's easy because you used the jet bug that appeared with 1.3. As for me I couldn't use it, probably because I hosted the game. It was harder for me.
I think it's difficult enough and the amazing colours you use make it very enjoyable.
I suggest you make more zombie maps though, they are cool too. :)

Michal
August 27, 2005, 6:13 pm
I think good looking climbing maps are much more fun to play.
The texture looks really good and the colours used with it look very fitting.
This map is challenging, I like it ;)

Raptor
August 27, 2005, 6:58 pm
I played in this map a few moment ago and I have to say that it's pretty good! The texture fits the map and the shading it's pretty good!

ThaD
August 27, 2005, 10:19 pm
looks good, let me try it

GAMEOVER
August 28, 2005, 7:28 am
i think it looks good kinda mystical lookin