( search forums )
CTF-Continuum. My first multi-texture map.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Sgt. York
August 27, 2005, 4:41 pm
I took a break from my house maps, and I decided to make a ctf map. This took me a few hours, and I think it came out nice. This is a pretty big map, with LOTS of possible routs to take to the other side. This map started out as a test of my multi-texturing capabilities, and came out like this. Make sure to put the texture file in your texture folder also :)
Overview with base entrances-
[IMAGE]
Red base-
[IMAGE]
Upper caves-
[IMAGE]
Lower caves-
[IMAGE]
CTF-Continuum and Texture.RAR- http://www.savefile.com/files/2038959
CTF Continuum and Texture.ZIP- http://www.savefile.com/files/9667804
This map is not waypointed :(

sande24
August 27, 2005, 5:08 pm
looks... plain... no texture... not enough shading... i could do something like that in 20 mins... with poly works...

Sgt. York
August 27, 2005, 5:42 pm
what do u mean no texture?

sande24
August 27, 2005, 5:46 pm
like... how many texture are there?
4? that is not enough... need some snowy trees or stuff... sandbags and sh*t...

Sgt. York
August 27, 2005, 6:01 pm
Do you even know what a texture is? Trees ans sandbags are SCENERIES!!!! Texture is the skin on the POLY'S! 2 or more textures is "revolutionary" i guess you could say. I know I am not the first to do it. But please, if your going to criticize my map, ATLEAST know what you are talking about...

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 6:14 pm
Sande... I think that you couldn't do that in PolyWorks if you don't even know what is a texture. :P

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 6:31 pm
It looks like the Halo 2 map Containment only in 2D.

I like it alot, just needs some more scenery.

Nice shading too.

Raptor
August 27, 2005, 7:01 pm
I like the layout of the map, but i guess you'll need 200 scenerys to make it look good.
Nice shading!

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 27, 2005, 9:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by SneakIt looks like the Halo 2 map Containment only in 2D.

I like it alot, just needs some more scenery.

Nice shading too.

Wow...:0 I was thinking the exact same thing about containment...

GAMEOVER
August 28, 2005, 7:27 am
looks like 2 maps stacked on top each other

Sgt. York
August 29, 2005, 12:18 am
Yea, it is my soldat version of Containment. I just didnt name it containment because.. well... too obvious, but Continuum is close to containment no?

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 29, 2005, 9:48 pm
Yeah, the name is good. I think it might look better ingame if you continued the white polys out to the side. Giving it a look like your in the place.