( search forums )
1.3 a PROBLEM
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
A Girl
August 28, 2005, 2:48 am
I upgraded to 1.3 and install fine, but when playing i get massive lag and eventually Soldat code errors and a bunch of ugly errors that dont allow me to play nemore. Then when i uninstall 1.3 and play 1.2.1 like before, it still works but now i get all this lag and connection problems. Is 1.3 not subject to modem connection?

Deleted User
August 28, 2005, 4:45 am
Could you describe the error messages you recieve?

Have you tried closing any extra programs you have running, including instant messengers and your web browser?

A Girl
August 29, 2005, 6:39 pm
(X) Access violation at address 004C267C in module 'Soldat.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

X Access violation at address 004DCC45 in module 'Soldat.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

yes all programs are closed

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 9:15 pm
Which internet service provider do you use? AOL, Sprint, NetZero, etc.

Have you tried these following steps?

'Access Violation at address 0055411E in module 'Soldat.exe', Read of address 0000000000'

It's been reported that it happens more frequently during viewing of Demos. To solve this problem do the following:1. Never cheat, or attempt to cheat - It's the most common cause of this problem
2. Do not use 'Reg Cracks' On Soldat
3. Uninstall soldat
4. Delete the Soldat folder
5. Restart Your Computer
6. Install soldat 1.3
7. a) For Windows NT/2000/XP: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system32' folder*
b) For Windows 95/98/ME: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system' folder*
8. Delete the file dxlog.chk in the 'windows' folder** If you do not see these files do the following:

Open My Computer, go to Tools > Folder options > View, enable 'Show hidden files and folders', click 'Apply to all folders', Yes and then Ok

If those files are on your system, you'll be able to find and delete them now. However, if you don't have them, then steps 1 #8211; 7 should have fixed the problem.

If this does not solve the issue, then you have programs running that are interfering with Soldat. Close ALL Messengers, Chat programs, Anti-Virus programs, etc. Before running Soldat to ensure it is the most stable. Then try running Soldat with one program open at a time until you find which program you must leave closed to play Soldat.

Also, ensure that you do not have any spyware or keyloggers, trojans, virii, etc. on your system as they cause these issues as well. Update your Anti-Virus, perform a full system scan, and use helpful programs such as Adaware to remove any spyware you may have.

A Girl
August 29, 2005, 11:02 pm
I use Netzero dial-up connection. I again do not use or open any background programs. I tried finding thise files but could not even with the 'show hidden file'. I dont cheat or use reg cracks

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 11:29 pm
Currently I believe there is some issue with NetZero and Soldat. Does NetZero use an application to connect to the internet?