( search forums )
Napalm!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
August 28, 2005, 9:00 am
Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think this idea's going to get into the game or anything, but listen to this:

Today I had a really wierd idea for a secondary weapon. The napalm container. What would it do? Well, by pressing the fire button your soldat would tip the napalm out of the container at a steady rate, soaking the ground you are standing on, and even leaving a trail if you move around while "firing". The napalm, when shot, would be set on fire, as well as any napalm near it and so on to the leave a trail of fire. Of course, to balance it out the napalm would would only burn for a couple of seconds, and would have a "clip" and quite a long reload time. Probably not much use on DM or non team games, but it could be used for some diobolical traps in capture the flag or infiltration. Just imagine, being on blue team and leaving a trail of napalm from a safe camping location to the entrance, then dumping the rest there (Or leave the whole can, bigger explosion but you can't get it back!). Then retreat to the start of the trail, and when a red comes nearby shoot the trail, and ignite the bugger! Of course, it could work both ways. If the red shot the can then the fire would go all the way out to you! Giving you a nasty suprise if you are near it...

A pretty random idea I know, but it would be cool ;)

paramud
August 28, 2005, 3:10 pm
probably wont be implented. and have you been playing a bit too much postal 2 lately?

August 28, 2005, 4:27 pm
Well, it could work in the sense of a mine layer.

Maybe you get killed with it and you explode, killing innocent bystanders and lighting others on fire. But what would happed if that was the only weapon in the game besides knives?

Nuts
August 28, 2005, 4:39 pm
I love this idea! :D Sounds fun :)
I prefer that you can use it only once, then it is less mass-killing weapon.

Eoi
August 28, 2005, 5:11 pm
Its good idea although i doubt it will ever be implemented, which is sad.
I like the idea of leaving the can n thr gound and then shooting it, creatin a huge explosion.
What it could be is, you drop the napalm can (leaving fists). Now anyone can shoot it or pick it up, but as someone tries to pick it up boom!

Did you mean that while you are leaving a trail of napalm someone can ignite the trail and the fire follows the trails and blows up the can when it reaches the guy with it?

Very nice idea.

I've also wanted an air strike secondary weapon. Very slow reload and long start up time. You 'paint' the target for maybe 2-3 seconds, then several (4-5) law rockets fall from the sky killing anything in its way. Obviously this gun would only work on open topped maps, and the rockets hit any polygons, so would be usless in tunnels.

Just something i wanted but i know it will never be implemented

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 12:13 am
Proximity mines would perform essentially the same task when it comes to element of suprise, although they wouldn't be able to cover an area like napalm would.

I had actually been thinking of a lingering area-effect powerup that replaces your current grenades with poison gas capsules. They wouldn't kill immediately, but damage the enemy slowl and steadily, similar to damaging polys.

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 2:59 am
nah wont get implemented, and even if it wqas it wouldnt get used much
maybe the flame god could get a scondry weapon of a rocket launcher that shoots a missle which explodes in a explosion of napalm, id use that

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 3:23 am
sucide!!! i love the idea of you in ctf you have few teams mates behind you and you do a super man into the base blow up and have your team mates jump in and CT FLAG

Nuts
August 29, 2005, 11:46 am
I thought this more... This weapon should be bonus, because it is too different. When it is bonus, its more fun when you can use it only few times in game.

sande24
August 29, 2005, 12:56 pm
it could be like cluster grenades but with fire... a 3x larger explosion than a grenade does comes out of cluster and everybody in it will be in flames and start burning... a direct hit would only kill...

a-4-year-old
August 29, 2005, 4:32 pm
a ctf map with a wall of fire in front of the bases... nah not for soldat... unless you have a fire extinguisher... nah