( search forums )
Steyr in 1.3
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 28, 2005, 10:39 pm
Hello. This is not meant to be another full-of-whining topic. I just want to point out that steyr seems a little underpowered to me in 1.3.. I have been testing it for 3 days now and considering I had almost the same skill with autos in 1.2.1 and I'm equally skilled with mp5/ak47 in1.3, I have to say that Steyr seems to me like a younger, weaker brother of those two..

But maybe I'm just another lame guy with too small amount of posts on this forum to have an opinion.. or maybe I'm too lame player to discover the power of the new Steyr and I could use some advice then..

tRaQs
August 28, 2005, 10:52 pm
No, I agree, steyr seems to bink too much for it's limited power, it's usually a stable auto gun, but you fire a little, and it seems to fly all over, I've switched to the mp5 'cuz of this.

Michal
August 28, 2005, 10:55 pm
I disagree. As an almost exclusive Aug user I've found that my skill level is the same if not better. Just remember to fire in bursts of 3 or 4 at longer ranges.
Oh yeah, ducking and proning works wonders against self bink.

tRaQs
August 28, 2005, 10:59 pm
well maybe in your eyes, you most probably are better than me with that gun, but it seems alot more difficult to use and master.

Denacke
August 28, 2005, 11:44 pm
I have been playing with steyr ever since the new version came out.

I agree with Michal on this one, It is a very handy and strong gun when used correctly.

T3h Reaper
August 29, 2005, 12:50 am
the steyr is acually, one of the best weapons in cs. But u need to learn how to use it. Itz the same in soldat. Once you can handle it properly, itz maybe one of the best weapons in soldat

Marbire
August 29, 2005, 12:56 am
It's not that aug is underpowered....... it's that HK is overpowered.....

zyxstand
August 29, 2005, 1:02 am
hk isn't overpowered - esp. not with the bink...its only good for closer combat -
i think the steyr IS underpowered - since the bullets are weak, it'd only make sense to give the gun less bink and higher precision.

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 1:51 am
I use the aug from time to time, good gun, hardly under-powered.

person
August 29, 2005, 6:04 am
To me, the AUG is not effective enough to warrant serious use. Playing against people in a fast paced game is not going to get you enough kills, as it takes more time than virtually any other gun to get the job done. Which is why a hell of a lot more people these days use single shot kill weapons. Just look at the weapon stats for EnEsCe's server at http://stats.enesce.com - the highest ranked auto is the HK, at #7.

The main problem with the self bink on this weapon is that it actually is an accurate gun... definetly more so than the MP5.

another point worth noting is that the hands have more kills than the chainsaw and LAW combined :\

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 6:27 am
Take a look at http://u13.net. 1 hit kills dominate the top.

person
August 29, 2005, 6:39 am
quote:Originally posted by ExtacideTake a look at http://u13.net. 1 hit kills dominate the top.

Seems like a universal constant...

m00`
August 29, 2005, 7:05 am
quote:Originally posted by T3h Reaperthe steyr is acually, one of the best weapons in cs. But u need to learn how to use it. Itz the same in soldat. Once you can handle it properly, itz maybe one of the best weapons in soldat

since when did soldat = cs? go back to your puny cs please -_-

Jap_man
August 29, 2005, 7:47 am
I don't think that the Steyr has been made weaker, sure there has been a few changes to it but I still see it as the same useful weapon that I have been using since 1.2.0
Steyr still has it's advantages over the mp5 and the AK, it can fire longer distances than the mp5 and it has a faster firing rate than the AK.

Just remember to fire in short bursts over medium to long distances (as michal pointed out above) and only fire in a huge burst if your enemy is close to you.

person
August 29, 2005, 8:10 am
OK it has its uses, but none that other weapons are better at. It is a weak half-caste. Not only that, but long distance kills are few and far between in comparison to others. And if we're just talking full screen length, then it's easy to close enough of a gap with any other weapon against a steyr user and kill them.

I haven't played you in 1.3 yet, Jap_Man, and I know that you were ok beforehand with that gun. But really, I have not seen to date a single proficient Steyr AUG user in 1.3.

Captain Ben
August 29, 2005, 9:18 am
It's all about the curves.

Liber_Lupus
August 29, 2005, 2:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by Jap_manJust remember to fire in short bursts over medium to long distances (as michal pointed out above) and only fire in a huge burst if your enemy is close to you.

That's the simple trick to own with steyr. I used steyr in 1.2 and I started using it again now and I love it.

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 3:17 pm
I used to use only the aug and ignore the mp5 and ak in 1.2. Now ive found, for me, the hk is even more effective at long range. The arch can easily cover the length of the screen and with the small bink I seem to kill much quicker with the relativly short range mp5. And now I occasinally use ak aswell.

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 5:11 pm
Ok guys, I'm not that stupid.. I have heard of and tried short bursts before, but thanks for your effort -)

However, I still feel that the new Steyr is just a little black boy, not a cool ghetto nigga like mp5/ak47. But I'm going to use it anyway, just because I like to, well.. differ from other players.. and I'm usually the only Steyr user, no matter what server I connect to :p

tRaQs
August 29, 2005, 5:34 pm
u can literally blast in rounds of fifteen with the hk mp5 and have virtually no bink, it's very effective, and throws the opponent off quite well.

Happy Camper
August 29, 2005, 6:28 pm
its not underpowered at all, just be a jack ass and spray it like everyone else, and it works

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 29, 2005, 9:43 pm
It all just depends on the player you people.

Tyrs_Hand
August 30, 2005, 10:21 am
Yes it does depend on the people you play, against not so good people it is a very capable gun, in a clan wars it is worthless because it is outclassed by the Minimi in almost everyway.

Don?t get me wrong, the Steyr is still a good gun to use, but now it seems to have degraded to a long range MP5 with a lot more self bink (Fast firing but low individual bullet damage). It also seems to 'bink' itself more just through moving since the new version.

Personal opinion only, but I think that the Steyr shots could just be the teensiest bit more powerful, same with the AK so that they are brought up to the levels of the Minimi and the MP5.

tRaQs
August 31, 2005, 11:20 pm
the ak 74 is fine, you just have to be able to move with your target, because of its low fire rate, if you can hit them, it's amazing.

I still prefer the hk mp5, not as much range as an ak, but once you have someone in close range, you can burn through a round an be sure you've killed em because of it's fire rate. It's a tad tricky to use for long range, but it can be done, just not very effectively.