( search forums )
Katrina is going to kill us all?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
_Mancer_
August 29, 2005, 12:08 am
I don't live in new orleans.. but if youve even seen the news or a sattelite picture of it.. that thing is a monster.

They said if there was a catagory 6, this would be it.

A side effect is that gas prices are going to go up, because katrina is blocking main routes from other countrys for our oil supply.

Oh and if you people didnt know already, New orleans is about 10 feet below sealevel in some areas.

Vijchtidoodah
August 29, 2005, 12:12 am
I won't download without pictures.

_Mancer_
August 29, 2005, 12:35 am
???????

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 12:42 am
if you look at a radar image of it the severe weather doesnt span all of the hurricane. most of the south, south east, and the south west is mostly clouds

www.weather.com

Hoodlum
August 29, 2005, 12:58 am
This is supposed to be the worst hurricane ever.

The waves in new orleans are going to be 30+ feet high.

grand_diablo
August 29, 2005, 1:23 am
oh bushybushy come surfin'... surfin' USA *sings*

PS: Have fun with that, that's for not signing the Kyoto protocol, roar!

*runs*

PPS: sarcasm

Cookie`
August 29, 2005, 2:44 am
quote:Originally posted by HoodlumThis is supposed to be the worst hurricane ever.

The waves in new orleans are going to be 30+ feet high.

It isnt the waves that are going to be 30 feet high its the storm surge. The entire water level gets lifted up from the pressure changing. The flood walls only protect the city up to fifteen feet so the entire city will most likely end up under water. Also its even worse that they have the walls because the water will be trapped inside. They have pumps and gates to let the water out during small floods etc, but since there is so much water I read that it would take more than a month to get the pumps operational again since they will be underwater as well, and then over 6 months to get rid of the water from the town.

So it could end up really bad like New Orleans being completly gone :O Although it might not be as bad depending on how high the storm surge rises.

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 3:14 am
quote:Originally posted by grand_diablooh bushybushy come surfin'... surfin' USA *sings*

PS: Have fun with that, that's for not signing the Kyoto protocol, roar!

*runs*

PPS: sarcasm

lmao damm rigth~~~btw i live in wi~~~ lol

n00bface
August 29, 2005, 3:45 am
Ahh this sucks. I visit new orleans like 4 times a year, in the old square. It's a beautiful place, it would really suck if it got destroyed :/

AerialAssault
August 29, 2005, 4:55 am
[IMAGE]

DeMonIc
August 29, 2005, 9:56 am
Weather is still superior to man-kind in power. Hurricanes in America, floods and forest-fires in Europe.

Hope people can get to safety before it really hits in. You can rebuild a city, but you can't rebuild a family.

Captain Ben
August 29, 2005, 10:04 am
Sucks to be you. Where I live, I get no cyclones (hurricanes) and definetly no tornadoes :D
Just weather that will eventually kill me from skin cancer.

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 10:25 am
HERE I AM ROCKING LIKE A HURRICANE!!

[IMAGE]

Captain Ben
August 29, 2005, 11:28 am
Nice chest hair.

damnnation
August 29, 2005, 11:40 am
GOD TAKES HIS REVENGE!!HAHA YOU ALL SUCK, YOURE ALL GONNA DIE!

TheFunktopus
August 29, 2005, 11:46 am
YOU SUCK EVEN MORE, SIR!

damnnation
August 29, 2005, 11:58 am
and i like it :p

lastpatriot
August 29, 2005, 1:33 pm
ZOMG Zangief!

papasurf31
August 29, 2005, 1:43 pm
...It's a goth thing, isn't it?

Famine
August 29, 2005, 2:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by damnnationGOD TAKES HIS REVENGE!!HAHA YOU ALL SUCK, YOURE ALL GONNA DIE!

You are a Goth and you believe in God?

karmazon
August 29, 2005, 2:55 pm
[IMAGE]

OMG AMAZING NEWS

http://sterilecreed.com/weather/

Famine
August 29, 2005, 3:44 pm
THE ANACONDA!!!11!11

damnnation
August 29, 2005, 5:35 pm
i don't believe in god, well on some things i do, but then only on the bad sides, it's a weird thing...

DeMonIc
August 29, 2005, 6:28 pm
It's a goth thing.

Famine
August 29, 2005, 6:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by damnnationi don't believe in god, well on some things i do, but then only on the bad sides, it's a weird thing...

Yes, it is weird and makes no sense. So God is just a big bully who you can blame for all your misery? Wow, you are goth!

Learn to be responsible.

SuperKill
August 29, 2005, 7:51 pm
Katrina have passed NO, prepare yourselves Alabama folks.

DeMonIc
August 29, 2005, 7:51 pm
Strange that I had pretty much the same attitude until my mother died, and I realized that blaming the supernatural won't solve my problems. I think people begin to act responsible (or more responsible) when something 'big' happens in their life. I mean, the shortest way to dumping the "my life sucks" attitude is facing that it can get worse, and it will too if you don't change something.

Liber_Lupus
August 29, 2005, 8:59 pm
Only "force of nature" here is getting beat up by russians at night. Oh well, at least my home stays where it should be.

Fire Fox
August 29, 2005, 9:53 pm
rofl to karmazon's damaged chair ^^

Happy Camper
August 29, 2005, 11:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_A side effect is that gas prices are going to go up, because katrina is blocking main routes from other countrys for our oil supply.

(Please refrain from swearing)ing hurricane, gas is going up to 2.80 tonight where i live

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 1:11 am
holy (Please refrain from swearing), in canada its only like 99.......HAH

Kazuki
August 30, 2005, 2:07 am
Just some interesting stuff I gathered from the news:

Katrina is still active, though it has calmed down a lot. However, now it's spawning tornados, one of which is active in One Gram's area right now. It's just now entering Tennessee, which is the state right below mine, being Illinois. The forecast for Katrina is that it will barely avoid Illinois and the Great Lake of Michigan. Even if it doesn't, I suspect it will be nothing more than a storm by the time it gets here.

The devastation prediction for this storm was originally only for Louisianna and Mississippi, but it sure doesn't seem that way. There are now tornadoes in Mississippi, Tennessee, and Georgia. This hurricane is causing a basket-full of trouble.

For you religious people out there, there's a church somewhere in New Orleans in which most of the trees, if not all, had fallen in the courtyard, but none had fallen on the statue of J.e.s.u.s or the church itself, and neither have recieved damage from the hurricane.

The damage cost for nature's beast-and-a-half is estimated at anywhere from 9 to 26 billion dollars. The gas prices around these parts is also expected to climb 70 cents by the end of the week. That means almost $4 per gallon. That's enough to make you not pay your water bill.

Michal
August 30, 2005, 2:46 am
quote:Originally posted by dascooholy (Please refrain from swearing), in canada its only like 99.......HAH

Gas is counted in gallons in the US.
1 US gallon is around 3.8 litres, so I think the gas prices are around the same.

wormdundee
August 30, 2005, 4:18 am
yeh, they would be about the same

the gas where i am is over 99 though, its 1.02-1.10, something like that

karmazon
August 30, 2005, 4:29 am
zomg americans stop (Please refrain from swearing)ing about the gas prices, in europe its like 6 dollars a gallon, in usa average is 2.75 and the minimum wage is 6.75 JUST (Please refrain from swearing)ING LEARN TO USE ECONOMIC CARS INSTEAD OF (Please refrain from swearing)ING GOSH I (Please refrain from swearing)ING HATE AMERICAN (Please refrain from swearing)ING SO MUCH I THINK INSTEAD OF CIRCUMSISION, LOBOTOMY AND CUTTING OUT TONGUES SHOULD BE A PROCEDURE DONE RIGHT AFTER BIRTH TO AMERICANS gosh how i hate when americans (Please refrain from swearing) how hard their life is

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 4:33 am
Yeah. . .

Where I live we pretty much get rain and higher gas prices.

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 6:22 am
few days ago my house almost got messed up by tornadoes up in WI

Vijchtidoodah
August 31, 2005, 5:41 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonzomg americans stop (Please refrain from swearing)ing about the gas prices, in europe its like 6 dollars a gallon, in usa average is 2.75 and the minimum wage is 6.75 JUST (Please refrain from swearing)ING LEARN TO USE ECONOMIC CARS INSTEAD OF (Please refrain from swearing)ING GOSH I (Please refrain from swearing)ING HATE AMERICAN (Please refrain from swearing)ING SO MUCH I THINK INSTEAD OF CIRCUMSISION, LOBOTOMY AND CUTTING OUT TONGUES SHOULD BE A PROCEDURE DONE RIGHT AFTER BIRTH TO AMERICANS gosh how i hate when americans (Please refrain from swearing) how hard their life is

...which is why you moved here, right? So you could spread your gospel of EVIL!

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 6:10 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonzomg americans stop (Please refrain from swearing)ing about the gas prices, in europe its like 6 dollars a gallon, in usa average is 2.75 and the minimum wage is 6.75 JUST (Please refrain from swearing)ING LEARN TO USE ECONOMIC CARS INSTEAD OF (Please refrain from swearing)ING GOSH I (Please refrain from swearing)ING HATE AMERICAN (Please refrain from swearing)ING SO MUCH I THINK INSTEAD OF CIRCUMSISION, LOBOTOMY AND CUTTING OUT TONGUES SHOULD BE A PROCEDURE DONE RIGHT AFTER BIRTH TO AMERICANS gosh how i hate when americans (Please refrain from swearing) how hard their life is

ha not all americans are jackass i live in the us and only 1/2 of them are jackass's

btw i think i not one of jackass kind but im a bicth

Captain Ben
August 31, 2005, 6:55 am
Jebus Hunter, I wouldn't say you're a redneck, I'd rather call you an incestuous dad/hooker sharer.

Vijchtidoodah
August 31, 2005, 7:05 am
quote:Originally posted by jebushunter...i live in the us

Thanks for lowering our collective IQ, (Please refrain from swearing).

Felix
August 31, 2005, 9:09 am
[IMAGE]

Holy cake that thing is huge :O
THE NATURE TAKES HER REVENGE!!!!

Captain Ben
August 31, 2005, 9:17 am
For what? The massive cloud of methane over Ohio?

frogboy
August 31, 2005, 9:42 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonLOBOTOMY
Like they need even more of their brain removed.

Vijchtidoodah
August 31, 2005, 8:55 pm
At least we didn't descend from criminals. :O

Da cHeeSeMaN
August 31, 2005, 8:59 pm
im surrounded by nuclear power factories does that count?

UGK
August 31, 2005, 10:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by StansquatchHERE I AM ROCKING LIKE A HURRICANE!!

[IMAGE]
thats awesome!

_Mancer_
August 31, 2005, 11:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by UGK[quote]Originally posted by StansquatchHERE I AM ROCKING LIKE A HURRICANE!!

[IMAGE]

lal ytmnd

Deleted User
September 1, 2005, 7:59 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenJebus Hunter, I wouldn't say you're a redneck, I'd rather call you an incestuous dad/hooker sharer.

rigth you are

or not i kinda feel stupid rigth now because i dont now that is

Captain Ben
September 1, 2005, 11:45 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahAt least we didn't descend from criminals. :O

Right you are. Atleast we didn't (Please refrain from swearing) on the remains of fifty thousand corpses of Indians. :0

Don't mind me, I'm being an arse.

wormdundee
September 1, 2005, 4:59 pm
Indians piss me off so much. Them and their damn treaties. They whine so much its unbelieveable. Sure,they got screwed out of their land, but they still gave it to us, it is rightfully, if not fairly, our land.

And then of course they demand that they be allowed to go fishing ahead of all the commercial fisheries, and get off our land and all that crap. They're almost as bad as Quebec.

Sorry, I kind of went off on a tangent there.

Maxx
September 1, 2005, 10:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by jebushunterquote:Originally posted by Captain BenJebus Hunter, I wouldn't say you're a redneck, I'd rather call you an incestuous dad/hooker sharer.

rigth you are

or not i kinda feel stupid rigth now because i dont now that is
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Deleted User
September 1, 2005, 10:30 pm
Nonono, you got it all wrong, i'm going to kill us all.
[IMAGE]

Rambo_6
September 2, 2005, 12:58 am
They stopped all the rescue operations in New Orleans because there were people getting into fights with the rescuers.

If you ask me, they should send the Marines in with the rescuers and shoot any idiot stupid enough to attack a rescuer.

Why, you ask?

BEcause the people that need rescuing can't get out now. The idiots who are looting/stealing stopped the rescue operations.

peemonkey
September 2, 2005, 7:56 am
they werent getting into fights, they were under sniper fire. (Please refrain from swearing)ing anarchy over there. im just slightly comforted in the fact that if anything happens here, i've got guns, ive got ammo, ive got balls :D (and ive got newly-inhereted property higher north in cali :D)

Captain Ben
September 2, 2005, 9:20 am
Cool.
Reminds me of when a bogan in Brisbane posed as a sniper. The police stormed the 'sniper's' unit and found a fat guy with a slingshot, shooting marbles.

UGK
September 2, 2005, 10:30 pm
OMFG ok i live in NEW MEXICO,near texas, and my teacher got an email from a reporter and it said that the hurricane is going to have a ripple efect or soemthing. So it basically means that the part of the hurricane might reach here....

(ripple: its when you thorw a rock in a lake or something and the little waves spread out.) EEEEKK

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 1:07 am
Wonder if it'll reach west coast?

Raptor
September 3, 2005, 1:22 am
I live in Venezuela, how will the Hurricaine hit me?

UGK
September 3, 2005, 5:45 am
lol ehh lucky! i get to live here and get battered by the storms....

The Geologist
September 3, 2005, 10:09 am
The hurricane will do nothng to you in New Mexico. If your teacher believes that he's a total dumbass. The most you'd feel is a few clouds or a sprinkle of rain. The human effects of the hurricane would be more dramatic than anything else.

September 3, 2005, 10:54 am
believe the geologist, he studies rock so he knows about the weather!!!!!!111!!!

go to www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/

Nice blog, has a webcam too.

karmazon
September 6, 2005, 2:37 am
gotta love the media

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

n00bface
September 6, 2005, 3:56 am
The reason the boy is 'emerging' is because he's only taking a little food that he needs. same goes for that picture below that people think is racist. does the guy on the top really need 2 huge bags full of stuff? doubt it.

karmazon
September 6, 2005, 4:49 am
SHEEZUS PEOPLE NEED TO STOP JUSTYFING RACISM

Captain RibMan
September 6, 2005, 7:24 am
Looter....
[IMAGE]
taken from entensity.net btw 'cos it owns