( search forums )
I just joined a server with chainsaw disabled
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 1:34 am
lmao, it was called geeks server or something. I wonder what brings people to disable weapons, I can see if you want a knife only server or a barret war but cutting guns is d-u-m-b. It basically says "Im so bad at soldat, that I wont just complain about weapon balance like a normal person and get better at dodging barret users. Ill just cut the gun all together and now im leet!". The occasional no barret server I can understand, many people have a problem with it, and as long as it's clearly marked in the server name I think thats fine, I just wont join. But server with out the mini and socom because the admin got destroyed by a player using that weapon combo in a previous game, thats is laughable.

n00bface
August 29, 2005, 1:44 am
It's their server, they have a right to do whatever they want. There wouldn't be an option to disable weapons if everybody felt the same way as you. If they got better at dodging barret users, then they could play on any server they wanted. It's called variety, people like different things, if everyone agreed on the exact same settings, then having more than one server would be pointless.

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 1:50 am
I know they can do what they want, I just find it funny that they are basically admitting to getting destroyed by a player with a chainsaw. Either that or they think the chainsaw is overpowered...

n00bface
August 29, 2005, 3:42 am
Either that or they don't want people messing around with chainsaws and unevening the game by having a bunch of mediocre sawers try and fend off a group of people playing seriously.

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 4:27 am
Addition: Chainsaws usually = spawn camping by nubblers. Might be another reason because the administrator dislikes being spawned by chainsaws. I dont know, but whatever, he has his right.

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 4:34 am
Hi Extacide >_>
Rofl @ people saying players only use the chainsaw as a fungun. Chainsaw is a kickass secondary.

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 4:37 am
Hi zambino <_<;
Chainsaw IS more of a fungun for me. It does make a kickass secondary, if you know how to do it right and arent running into your own death 50% of the time. I do use it though, especially in maps like ctf_nuubia or ctf_run in the mid and bottom section. Best suited for up close and personal maps.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 29, 2005, 5:20 am
Spas/Saw = good.

n00bface
August 29, 2005, 5:29 am
quote:Rofl @ people saying players only use the chainsaw as a fungun. Chainsaw is a kickass secondary.
No, you are taking what I said out of context. There are a lot of players, on my server at least, that limit their gun use to just chainsaw. The whole game they will just run around attempting to saw people, and that gimps the team.

Aegis
August 29, 2005, 8:38 am
Before 1.3 came out Chainsaw was my primary in CTF :)
I actually finished first in a lot of matches. Its a fun weapon to use once you've learned how to do it without being mercilessly shot into oblivion. Unfortunately I can't seem to do it anymore with the new version's weapon balance changes.

a-4-year-old
August 29, 2005, 4:49 pm
i hate rights. if it is in the name i dont care. but if i come in a "grinade only" game than i leave imideatly, same thing with those unbalanced mods with a minigun that shoots law missiles and a minimi that shoots buckshot and a mp5 that shoots m79s ultra laggs "lousy rotten freedom"

Denacke
August 29, 2005, 4:59 pm
I actually agree with n00bface. I've been pondering wether I should disable the chainsaw on our public.

In 99% of the cases it is not used as a normal secondary but as a primary, thus imbalancing the teams badly.

Alamo
August 29, 2005, 5:04 pm
I more than once won a game with saw-only. And the rest were all 'serious' (don't be too serious says MM!) players.

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 6:44 pm
Disabeling the saw becuase people are using it like idiots? Thats weak, what about people who like to use the saw as their secondary? Dont give a (Please refrain from swearing) about them?

Denacke
August 29, 2005, 6:52 pm
What's weak about it? Most of us want to have enjoyable and competitive games. With people trying to chainsaw everyone and getting a 0.2 k/d ratio it does ruin that goal.

Sorry for you people not using saw as a primary but as a real secondary, though I wouldn't want to have my game ruined because 1% of the players want to use it properly.

Don't you give a (Please refrain from swearing) about people wanting a proper game?

Swarmer
August 29, 2005, 8:07 pm
chainsaw is a kickass primary. sure, some people are newbs and cant use it right, messing up thier team, but others actually know what they are doing. i can get a 2:1 or even 3:1 ratio on most pub servers with only a saw and some nades (although on some servers its harder). i dont think its worth taking away a weapon just because several people might not use it correctly. theres nothing you can do to prevent a newb from being bad. if you gave him a gun, he wouldnt help the team much anyways.

Deleted User
September 1, 2005, 1:56 pm
Join another server if you want to chainsaw, then.

bond_james_bond
September 1, 2005, 2:59 pm
Chainsaw is fun! :P It makes the game mor interesting... Any server with chain disabled I'd probably leave...