( search forums )
Special moves
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Haqwi
August 29, 2005, 6:09 pm
Dont get me wrong i dont mean any superhaxorkickjumppunch fighting moves. I mean cos you got taunts but what if you could make yourself a special move with poa editor. Like you wrote :special: and then your soldier would swing his fist in the air or any move that you have made with poa editor. Then you could make for yourself a signature move so anyone can notice its you. Tell me what you think?

m00`
August 30, 2005, 9:53 am
yah i wish we could edit an animation called /signature that allowing us to play it online, i dunno if its possible though :p

person
August 30, 2005, 10:15 am
Yeah that'd actually be pretty cool, although useless. I don't think that many people use commands anyway.

tRaQs
August 30, 2005, 3:16 pm
Yeah that would be sick i wanna piss blood.

August 30, 2005, 3:46 pm
Lolz, but it would be kinda cool, but it would be abused. I mean, what if a person used it to stretch himself so he could shoot people over a hill or things like that? I mean, it's fun, but not entirely practical. Would it do damage? It would be incredibly hard to code and wouldn't work unless other ppl have the poa, unless it became shared...lolz

DT
August 30, 2005, 8:21 pm
it would be nice to use a final super nova blast...

The specials would have meter and everytime you killed someone it would fill.

I think its kinda dumb though...
This is not a fighter game...

tRaQs
August 30, 2005, 8:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by DTit would be nice to use a final super nova blast...

Did you even read the post sir slackjaw?

Eoi
August 30, 2005, 9:39 pm
It would be kind of neat, cause now if you change the animations no one else sees what you see.
I have whenever you press alt+4 he shouts 'go go go' and waves his arm forwards.
But everyone else sees it as me putting up my arms and roaring.

117, no it could not be abused by making yourself stretch as the people only stretch as far as the pictures go. Well, thats what think anyway, I may be wrong.

My special 'signature' would probably curl up really wierdly in mid air or something like that.

_Mancer_
August 30, 2005, 10:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117Lolz, but it would be kinda cool, but it would be abused. I mean, what if a person used it to stretch himself so he could shoot people over a hill or things like that? I mean, it's fun, but not entirely practical. Would it do damage? It would be incredibly hard to code and wouldn't work unless other ppl have the poa, unless it became shared...lolz

Hes talking about a move like

/victory

or /piss

Alamo
August 31, 2005, 12:51 am
quote:Originally posted by EoiIt would be kind of neat, cause now if you change the animations no one else sees what you see.

I don't know what game you are talking about, but in my Soldat you can't even join with altered animations :]

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 2:49 am
Really? I haven't tried myself, but you'd think it'd work if you just change the sprites and sound effects that get used in the animation or whatever.

But yeah, it looks like the idea here is for a "taunt builder" of sorts that'd let you choose a sequence of sprites and a sound effect, and then when you hit a key combination it'd play correctly on everyone's screen because the clients could just take the sprite ordering or whatever, and then use the appropriate sprites and sounds.

Sorry if that doesn't come out clearly..

Anyway, although this would definitely be a really neat way to personalize your soldat, it'd have to be either low-priority, or a registered-player-only thing to help rack in more cash for MM.

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 4:27 am
this would be awesome, i would make my guy bite his hands off

Unlucky 13
August 31, 2005, 6:21 am
quote:Originally posted by Alamo
I don't know what game you are talking about, but in my Soldat you can't even join with altered animations :]

Certain animations can be changed without error, but others seem to play up online play.

Sounds like a nice idea, as long as they cannot go outside a certain "area" relative to the plce they were at the time.
An add-on to the idea could be that the edited poa could also have it that a certain particle can come out of a point, like fist (for gun smoke) or pelvis (for... well, you get the idea.), and can last for the frames you choose. I guess that could take a bit to figure how to program, but they did it for /piss.

I'd like to spin my SOCOM (or any weapon, but mainly, SOCOM), blow the smoke away and then go back to the normal stance.

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 7:56 am
yeha i wouldnt mind this, a good throw up the weapomn, do a flip then catch it wouldnt be too bad at all, but poepl would have to see it online

Captain Ben
August 31, 2005, 9:28 am
I'd make my guy juggle turds!

August 31, 2005, 9:29 am
YEah, but could ppl see it if they don't have the anim? if you had to d/l the anim, it would take too long to join servers and if they're the same file names...

DT
August 31, 2005, 8:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by tRaQsquote:Originally posted by DTit would be nice to use a final super nova blast...

Did you even read the post sir slackjaw?

yea i did and i was suggesting a meter to fill up so you don't keep using your special over and over.

Besides this is still soldat not fighterdat...
So special moves wouldn't fit in.

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 10:12 pm
You still don't get the point of the idea. The special moves would be like /victory, they wouldn't have any effect on the gameplay itself.

As for getting the animations to show up for other people, that's why I suggested an in-game animation builder that refers to a predefined collection of graphics--only information regarding the sequence the sprites appear in would need to be transferred, and not the sprites themselves, as they would already be on the client's computer. I suppose I didn't type it clearly enough before; these things can be tricky to convey, heh.

numgun
September 1, 2005, 11:47 am
how about more of such moves like the backflip?

tRaQs
September 1, 2005, 3:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by numgunhow about more of such moves like the backflip?

Yeah, just imrove gameplay elements, but what dt said about having to fill up a meter, would be good, or have a taunt for lets say, every five kills? otherwise you'd go on servers and have 20 majors going
"z0mFG w7f? D15 15 50 1337! 1375 411 t4unt!1!!1!1!1!
LAG

bond_james_bond
September 1, 2005, 3:07 pm
Take out a CD player and start rocking... Duoo doo dooo

numgun
September 2, 2005, 4:00 pm
fillmup meter? blah... how about wall jump? (jump agains a wall, then kick off to get higher).

DT
September 2, 2005, 8:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by YoMammasMammaYou still don't get the point of the idea. The special moves would be like /victory, they wouldn't have any effect on the gameplay itself.

Your talking about a victory move not a speical move...
victory = end no affect on gameplay
special = Doing something cool and blowing your enemy away

What is wrong with /victory?
If we had these moves we could make Soldat a fuking Dance Dance Revolution.
I don't think we could make a move editor to.

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 9:08 pm
I actually find the chances of this happening to be rather improbable myself. I enjoy trying to think of ways to get such things to work, though.

dr.ON
September 2, 2005, 9:23 pm
Yea, yea. But after adding that in-game we'll see guys, who flyes with a putting hand in ass metod.

Harwin
September 5, 2005, 11:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by tRaQsYeah that would be sick i wanna piss blood.

That should be when you have less than 50% health left, hehe.

moep
September 9, 2005, 12:24 am
Ever thought abaout that changing the anims could be used for cheating?
Imagine an animation that causes extremely long arms wich touch the opponent's flag.
Doesn't sound funny, does it? :/

Deleted User
September 9, 2005, 1:22 am
I think this would be pretty cool, but it might cause some unexpected bugs and errors, such as it not downloading correctly and having everyone use your signature and not theirs.

Also, DT and moep, we're talking about animations. Graphics. Things that have absolutely no effect on gameplay. (except maybe a few people who stop playing and stare) The only problems I can spot with it are making yourself huge and blocking other people's view, (and I assume that there'd be a limit on the margins and the animation size, so this isn't a valid point) and having a really annoying, trailing sound effect. (which could be easily avoided by not granting a sound effect)