( search forums )
Parachute
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
KittieKat
August 29, 2005, 7:01 pm
i think, that falling damage should be put on in all games (possibly with option to turn off) and there be a parachute action (like in bf1942) when pressed you will eject a parachute, (this can only be done after a certain amount of 'air time'.

comments??

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 9:37 am
there IS a parachute, and you CAN eject from it..
where the hell are you from? austria?

frogboy
August 30, 2005, 9:44 am
quote:Originally posted by HHH
What the hell are you? Racist?

Anyway, as Sprocket mentioned, there is a parachute which you get if you spawn from the sky, you can remove it by right-clicking. I think implementing the fall damage in non-realistic would cause some people to complain though - maybe this is a chance to bring up selecting certain real mode options again, so people could select, for example, fall damage and realistic sight, but not have the lower health or recoil.

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 6:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHthere IS a parachute, and you CAN eject from it..
You never, I say NEVER, read the post properly. You just read the thread's name and then go shout without even reading the content itself. Kittie didn't say anything about letting go off the parachute, he said that it would be nice to launch it yourself, not automatically. Read the post before you open your big mouth.

On-topic: It would be neat if you could open the parachute yourself. But I wouldn't like falling damage in non-realistic. Perhaps as an option, as you stated?

KittieKat
August 30, 2005, 6:17 pm
it's just an idea....

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 4:30 am
holy jit HHH you get dumber every day, and it would be cool if you could open the parachute yourself :)

peemonkey
August 31, 2005, 4:53 am
quote:Originally posted by Fluffyquote:Originally posted by HHHthere IS a parachute, and you CAN eject from it..
You never, I say NEVER, read the post properly. You just read the thread's name and then go shout without even reading the content itself. Kittie didn't say anything about letting go off the parachute, he said that it would be nice to launch it yourself, not automatically. Read the post before you open your big mouth.

On-topic: It would be neat if you could open the parachute yourself. But I wouldn't like falling damage in non-realistic. Perhaps as an option, as you stated?

not to defend sprocket's ass but if you rea it it's not hard to see the misunderstanding where it says "eject a parachute", this could be misconstrued as meaning it detatches when you hit a button. hell that's what i thought at first but i looked at youre guys' flaming of him and saw what this fella meant. other than that i would have though what he did. you need to do more than just read the post, you need to make sure the context makes 100% sense....in this case it's not that clear.

Captain Ben
August 31, 2005, 9:29 am
Secondary.

DT
August 31, 2005, 8:22 pm
How about no parachutes unless the map gives you one...
Besides you have jet shoes... JET SHOES!!!

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 10:18 pm
That is true... The jetpack is adequate for softening a landing to prevent fall damage. Adding parachute functionality like this would be unnecessary, especially since you're pretty much a sitting duck when you're using one.

That, and fall damage would partially destroy the point of there being a realistic mode in the first place.

There's also the "slowing down gameplay" angle of it. A minor slowdown in order to correct a balancing issue or whatever is fine, but this would potentially slow gameplay by too great a degree, if you ask me.

dr.ON
September 8, 2005, 9:03 pm
Pfft, idea isn't good, soldat dont have to be so hard . And there is some jet shoes and realistic mode :(

Deleted User
September 9, 2005, 1:27 am
No. Fall damage wasn't included in regular play for a reason.

vash763
September 9, 2005, 2:10 am
quote:Originally posted by DTHow about no parachutes unless the map gives you one...
Besides you have jet boots... JET BOOTS!!!

but yes, instead of doing this, i think (whoever replied first)'s idea is better

SPARTAN_III
September 9, 2005, 12:27 pm
i would like the parachute to be user controlled, so that you can activate it when you jump off a cliff or something...i could do some nice HALO jumps.

Keron Cyst
September 9, 2005, 6:14 pm
("High Altitude Low Oxygen," not the Xbox game, all)

Yeah, a voluntary parachute would rock; it'd make for cool movies, too. Can't think of many maps to use it on, tho' (since you almost never get such a high altitude; it'd be fun to parachute into the Alpha base on inf_Outpost or inf_Abel tho').

I'd like to see your soldat unstrap the parachute and snap it off first instead of it simply falling off from jetting.

Deleted User
September 10, 2005, 1:11 am
that would be fun, but I like to see little soldats fall to their deaths too D:

SPARTAN_III
September 10, 2005, 9:46 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cyst("High Altitude Low Oxygen," not the Xbox game, all)

low opening

this would be useful for those crummy no jet maps (not including lagrange, becuase lagrange owns)

lastpatriot
September 10, 2005, 12:50 pm
Yeah, I agree with Spartan.

Keron Cyst
September 10, 2005, 3:12 pm
What do you mean? What other no-jet maps are there?