( search forums )
player finder
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
UGK
August 30, 2005, 12:46 am
umm is there some download that lets u find and look whos playing on the servers?

PureGrain
August 30, 2005, 1:01 am
Very good question. In other game tpyes that I play, they have a lobby with Buddy lists. I think i read somewhere that the buddy list may be a future option.

If no one has something like this already, it may be an option of mine to work on it. May be a bit difficult for servers that do not register with the lobby server. "Think Think Think'.. I'll get abck too ya on this one.

AWH_ReApEr
August 30, 2005, 5:06 am
ASE is the only way I know of that does that at this point. Google "All Seeing Eye" and you could find it. Only problem with that is that a lot of servers don't support ASE. So, until it's implemented into the game itself or someone like PureGrain makes something that works, you're basically out of luck.

mar77a
August 30, 2005, 9:52 pm
Mmm, i thnk there is no ASE support in the current server versions, only Tank's script, or Vostok's sctip have ASE support...

KeYDoN
September 2, 2005, 11:58 am
did you look in your soldat.ini once?
quote:Lobby_Register=1
ASE_Register=1

ASE seems to be supported, and even the servers run more stable with havin it enabled.
But its true i dont find even my own servers in ASE :/

Leo
September 2, 2005, 1:42 pm
ASE supported only in the Windows version of the dedicated server or the server that one can start from inside the game.

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 5:37 pm
buddy list inside soldat itself would be nice..like /friends online command or somthing../msg *name here* ...would be pretty cool...altho im sure some names would be in use at the same time...which is why we should be able to register anems to our ip so people cant take them.. XD

Jack Bauer
October 3, 2005, 4:10 pm
that idea of checking who is playing and in which servers would be cool

FliesLikeABrick
October 3, 2005, 7:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeYDoNdid you look in your soldat.ini once?
quote:Lobby_Register=1
ASE_Register=1

ASE seems to be supported, and even the servers run more stable with havin it enabled.
But its true i dont find even my own servers in ASE :/

ASE is not supported in the latest linux servers, it even says this when you start the server.

It supposedly works on windows servers, but I've never seen any of my windows servers in there either

Deleted User
October 3, 2005, 8:19 pm
I have X fire and that works fine, tells what server they are on and all that jazz.

Deleted User
October 3, 2005, 11:18 pm
if you use soldatmonitor, you can have your linux server on ASE; hence why my server is on ASE...

dr.ON
October 13, 2005, 11:33 am
ASE/X-fire can do it ,i guess, actually i m joining only via def soldat lobby. It will be great that bbility will be added to standart soldat server joiner :C)

Jap_man
October 14, 2005, 10:05 am
There was a program in creation a little while ago, called "Soldat Friends Network", a fairly good idea, yet it was a shame that it went down the pooper two months ago. The project was scraped by the creator because he believed that he longer had the time or the programming skill to persue the project.

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 2:57 am
holy crap man you kinda re opened this old topic lol