( search forums )
version 1.3 -- uniquely new?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
zyxstand
August 30, 2005, 3:01 am
I might get some people agreeing with me an a majority disagreeing - but i believe that soldat version 1.3 is merely an update with some improvemnts of version 1.2.1 - the only changes made were ones that fixed server issues, some bugs (although shoot-through-wall still exists) and minor ehancements such as the back-flip thingy. Don't get me wrong, i do appreciate all the new features (although i completely hate weapon-modded servers (there should be an filter for that)) but to me it merely was just slight alterations.

They also could've come up with some more game-modes - HTF is merely point match with RULES changed.

I have not seen any actual NEW features. I expected a whole new concept of movement (ie: wall clinging or better poly interactions).

I also expected there to be more interaction with things and better way to use teamwork and cooperate with your teammates.
Passing the flag definitely fits into that category and i love using that feature to help my team win - but they still need to fix that and make the throw more controllable and easier to use.

comments plz

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 3:04 am
From what I understand of the beta stage of software development, the main purpose is bug-fixing and other slight alterations. The stage where you're areally adding new things would be alpha.

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 3:15 am
New features = new gamemode, new move (backflip), weapon editor :O, and passing the flag....

zyxstand
August 30, 2005, 3:31 am
i dislike the weapon editor becuase it gets abused and ruins the fun in games.
flag passing is the only cool thing
HTF itself uses the same as pointmatch with slight change of rules...

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 3:50 am
yea...
I don't really play anymore. Ruger lost all offensive capabilites, bink really didnt fix spraying either. And more and more people use m79 and barret, thus sucking the remaining fun out of the game..

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 30, 2005, 4:04 am
I think that this version has changed alot. We have the weapon editor, new mode, backflip, throw flag, weapons are balanced differently, and modding has been taken to a new level. HTF is very fun, and it requires a lot of teamwork when you think about it. Just give it time :)

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 4:04 am
Is this still the surprise phase of a new version where people don't like it at first and some people leave the game completely but then other players find its better after all, or is this version actualy worse than 1.2.1

person
August 30, 2005, 4:53 am
SDFilm:
Yes. That's because this version is oh so questionably "superior" to 1.2.1.

Making guns ineffective at killing people makes the game not as fun - isn't that obvious? The only BS deaths in the game are ones due to bugs/lag. That's the reason why you will see on any server stats, that have all/most weapons enabled, will have single shot kill weapons plague the top of the popularity list.

August 30, 2005, 5:11 am
Ruger lost it's offensive capabilities? BULLTARD! I didn't use the ruger before, but now i do, and i love it. It works well if you combine it with nades and other things.

The backflip is useful. In CTF, you can escape from the line of fire by boosting into small pockets of play area where the angle of enemy fire is too hard to reach.

1.3.1 may not have many changes, but it hasn't ruined the game for us. If you hate weapon mods, find an official public server like himitsukichi, where they dont use weapon mods.

HTF is fun, you can move wherever you want, and your team mates can cover you. The maps aren't huge, so your team mates know where you are.

peemonkey
August 30, 2005, 5:43 am
every new version is a slight change.

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 5:48 am
" Ruger lost it's offensive capabilities? BULLTARD! I didn't use the ruger before, but now i do, and i love it. It works well if you combine it with nades and other things. "

You have no idea what it was like before then.
You can't just waddle to an enemy base guarded by more than 2 people and walk away alive with the ruger now, unless you have like %100 accuracy.

zyxstand
August 30, 2005, 5:57 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyevery new version is a slight change.

my point on where i disagree with many people:
updates/patches should be for small changes - i guess that's why it isn't 2.[somthing] but instead still 1.[something]

a new version to me would mean whole new concepts to the game - such as an entirely newly coded object existing in the game - ie: movable polygon. to achive that, big M should've made soldat with a real physix-engine - that perhaps other modders could use to come up with their own mods - much like half-life 2 where you got CSS as a mod (and even dodgeball!)...he'd prolly need to give out the source code for that then.

a new version could also mean a single-player campaign mode with its own story to it. also editable to create new campaigns with new missions and such...

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 6:00 am
The backflip imho is great. The fact that it helps you get up faster is very helpful indeed when your in a map like ctf_kampf, making your escape, so as your running backwards through the mid tunnel, backflip up to protect yourself from spray and barret/m79 shots, then just proceed to run.

Thats an example, it can be used in many other ways that would better your dodging. The throw flag feature especially I love. I wish you could configure that (If you can and i never noticed, slap me) or atleast have set the default keys to something easier so even newbies who have the flag can figure out what button. Its not so bad it requires immediate attention, just a slight preference. :) And as stated above, making it so throwing the flag more accurate would help so you dont throw it to the wrong person -_-.

HTF, is another game mode, may not be too different from one other game mode but hey, better then nothing right?

The ruger has certainly not lost all its "offensive capabilities". Ive seen some exceptionly good players make the switch, or pick it up and kick serious ass with it. (Mancer for example :P)
You just need experience, practice, and the skills to use it effectively.

About the weapon editor, some people have made some interesting mods, but most of them are just extreme mods, involving weapons having extreme damage and insane capabilities, which as we all know causes serious lag, and just ruins any fun. 1.2.1 mods are interesting to visit every now and then although they tend to fill up with err newbies you can say.

Now, about weapon balance: Ill agree, the weapons are somewhat balanced to an extent. Weakening all the weapons however, was not the solution needed to perfectly balance every weapon, rather just making some minor adjustments to each. Because of the lack of power now from each weapon, players seem to just have dropped any weapon except for the infamous 1 hit killers, the m79 and barret.

If you havent noticed yet, there has been an EXTREME increase in the numbers of barrets and m79 users. This may not always be the case in private servers (However theyve filled up with them before) but going into any form of public server usually just means your going up against an army of m79ers and barretards. I guess lazyness is to blame, because so many people choose to use them due to the fact other weapons have been downgraded, and because these two weapons are now pretty much the most powerful weapons in 1.3. I know some of you know me as an extreme barret/m79 hater, but fortunately ive calmed myself down, i havent called anyone a "barret noob" or an "m79 noob" in a while, nor have I ever called them noobs. In SOME cases I will because they truly deserve that title, or they were camping, but I think everyone can agree that they can keep their sanity when in the same server as me.

ANYWAYS: The barret and m79 need some serious downgrading, before 1.3 is COMPLETELY overrun with barrets and m79 (Like it hasnt happened). If there is to be a 1.3.1, i beg of you michal, downgrade those weapons. Yes, weapon balance = good, but the weapon balance pretty much says "Noo dont use autos or those nerfed guns, use the barret or m79! Most powerful guns in the game, you'll own all of those noobs trying to use any other gun". You can argue that barrets/m79s are easy to dodge. Yes, they are. Simple movement tactics can make a difference. But if your up against 5-6 barretards and m79ers, you arent going to dodge all of those so easily, especially in close up maps. Campers have also learned to fight through bink, so its useless. -_-;

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 30, 2005, 6:10 am
Bink isn't something that can be ignored...you simply went too close to the sniper in order for it to have any effect.

Moral of the story: If you have an auto and you're going up against a sniper, please, don't go into point blank. By then, bink doesn't matter.

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 6:19 am
I dont use autos, I use deagles. I dont charge into campers, I usually take a strategic advance on them or just avoid them period. Although I sometimes use HK and minimi, long distance spraying doesnt do the trick either. Still, there shouldnt be THAT many barret users.

DeMonIc
August 30, 2005, 10:56 am
Since most topics of this thread were covered, I'd just like to point out one:

quote:They also could've come up with some more game-modes - HTF is merely point match with RULES changed.

Shows that you only play public games. HTF is the perfect combination of Team death match and Capture the flag, if you get a good team together, you'll have loads of fun. Ofcourse this doesn't apply to public games, where you'll often find your flag carrier assaulting the enemy for nothing, or your teammates going in for the spawn kill just to rack up their score, leaving you defenseless versus two Ak74-ers.

Chakra`
August 30, 2005, 11:41 am
And to wrap things up on balance...

Do you love soldat, but hate the balance?

If this is true, you can make soldat in your own image. Graphics, interface, and balance. With enough promotion and if you get a few servers supporting it, you can make Soldat whatever the hell you like.

1.3 balance, although it may seem to have 'just weakened the weapons' did go through alot of specific changes. Took a fair bit of time to find that right level for the DE's, ruger was a b***h to work out, the self bink went through alot of questions etc... But none the less, try to think 1.3 balance as a 'base'. The rest, is up to decent people who think they can put forward, promote, and extend their own adaptions through Soldat.

person
August 30, 2005, 2:40 pm
It is SO unfair to tell everyone who does not like the 1.3 weapon balance to make a f***ing mod! Over 99% of Soldat players are not going to have their own server to access. Like I have said before, this is a community game for a lot of people, and getting just a select few to play with your rules defeats a large purpose of playing.

The weapon modding is only for the >1% of players who can even be f***ed with mods. There aren't even WM servers where I live; and the ones I have played on seemed to exist solely for short term amusement.

All I'm saying is look at the evidence: most players think auto's suck pretty badly. Most people want kills quickly and efficiently, which only the HK can truly provide (out of the auto's) - in some circumstances. What kind of evidence do I have? Server statistics for some very popular servers: U13 and EnEsCe's for starters. The top 3 weapons on the latter are, in the following order: M79 (with virtually twice as many kills as the #2 spot), Barret, knife... then ruger and nades. The highest placed auto being at a lowly #7.

And no I can't see why self bink was introduced, still. There were no problems with them beforehand ffs... I never once complained of being sprayed since I've been playing... 1.5. Anyone who did just sucks; as it's due to chance you can't blame anything except lag (possibly). Sure it could be frustrating in some circumstances but really it didn't do anything.

I also don't think anyone can honestly say that the weapons are on par with each other. All the auto's apart from the HK will never stand up against even an ok-good player.

The weapon balance sucks, yes... the beta testers did do a bad job.

And no I haven't complained about anything until this sh*t, either.

I'd say ~50% of people at LEAST don't approve of the weapon "improvements" introduced in this latest version... and that's not cool.

August 30, 2005, 3:01 pm
Autos work against campers, if you are fast enough. It rlly depends, if they're too squeamish, they'll shoot too fast and panic, thus leaving u for the kill. If you miss however, i hope you have a knife.

Newbie campers are retards, i met someone on CTF_Viet and he was on scope. I emptied a full clip into him at point blank range, and he didn't notice.

I also noticed that the minigun is completely crap now, compared to other weaps. In kampf, in the middle tunnel, a n00b was using a minigun and i was lying down right in front of him, yet he can't hit me, at all.

Ok, so let's not focus on the aspects of weapons. What about gosteks? They allow for more imaginative mods now, 2 teams from 2 different time zones, or two species. What about the bugs fixed? 1.3 is great, even if people quit cos they're lazy to adapt to the new system. Just play on realistic mode for a while and eventually bursting is second nature.

Self bink was introduced to prevent people from firing in a straight line in tight areas, thus making it a choke point and preventing anyone from getting through.

I use the HKMp5 against ok players, and it works effectively if fired in bursts.

n00bs use m79 because

A> it has no bink, or rarely does
B> it's powerful
C> If you use it right, the person coming at you will be splattered easily.
D> It has an arc, so you can fire it over things.
E> It has splash damage

Barret? It's every campers weap, unless you're a combat sniper, i respect you. Campers love the scope, and i can't blame them, even though i hardly use the scope.

Nades? Sure. In himitsukichi, many people were opting to kick all the nade spammers that litter the area with nades and hope someone comes along. Why is it nade spamming? A person that stays at thier base and does nothing but stand there and throw nades is probably not a very good player. And when i mean stand, i mean completely still, with absolutely no experience. If you went up to him and started shooting at him, he couldn't defend himself.

Knife? Of course the knife is good. Spawners? If 2 opponents run out of ammo in mid-air, they will probably use knives and throw the knives at each other.

Ruger is a good weapon. Goes in a roughly straight line. Use it on Ctf_Equinox and it kills virtually anything that comes through the low tunnels. Barrets apply too, but with the scope.

A HTF is a good clan match game, for it forces the clan to work as a team to defend the flagger. If they don't, the flagger will obviously die.

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 3:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by ExtacideI dont use autos, I use deagles. I dont charge into campers, I usually take a strategic advance on them or just avoid them period. Although I sometimes use HK and minimi, long distance spraying doesnt do the trick either. Still, there shouldnt be THAT many barret users.

Theres a relatively simple solution, Join a clan and play clanwars, you will see every weapon getting used.

I agree in pubs barret and m79 is being used alot, but thats always been a case in publics, 1-hit kill weapons are usually more popular for the new players.

I personally think that for playing competitively(in clanwars) this weapon balance is nearly perfecct(Other than hk being a tad bit too strong) ;O

person
August 30, 2005, 3:56 pm
OK.

a) All campers suck and will die easily.
&
b) I'm in a clan, and in wars most people use the M79, Barret, or Ruger... with a knife being the secondary. Then maybe the MP5. Those that have strayed from that cluster I have noticed fail to compete.

rabidhamster
August 30, 2005, 4:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandI have not seen any actual NEW features.modding has been made SO much easier thanks to the \Mods folder. thanks to weapon mods, soldat can be completely changed (look and feel) into a very different game (i recently made a hillbilly mod, 3 shotguns, 2 hunting rifles, etc) in the run of a batch file.

no NEW features? HTF is defintely new. sure, in a way it's a combination of game modes, but it's a GOOD combination of game modes.

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 4:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117I also noticed that the minigun is completely crap now, compared to other weaps. In kampf, in the middle tunnel, a n00b was using a minigun and i was lying down right in front of him, yet he can't hit me, at all.

Yeah exactly...a n00b was using it. If it was me, I would take you down with my Minigun/Socom combo >:)

quote:Oringinally posted by Zamorakyea...I don't really play anymore. Ruger lost all offensive capabilites, bink really didnt fix spraying either.And more and more people use m79 and barret, thus sucking the remaining fun out of the game..

That explains why I've been extreamly b**chy lately in games. Everytime I play my fav game mode, Infltraton, the entire red team has Railg...Barrets and not even binking them with the minigun helps me -_-'

Alamo
August 30, 2005, 4:45 pm
It was also my opininion that the new version should be called 1.2.2 because of the lack of new stuff.

When will you guys get it that there is no 'they' in Soldat programming! It's Michal Marcinkowski alone.

Chakra`
August 30, 2005, 4:56 pm
Hmm... I was thinking of telling Mr Person how we did teams of weapon classes versus one another during beta testing, and how teams of autos cleaned the place up vs 1 shot weapons, yet also got whooped by semi-auto weapons.

Then i was gonna type out something about how, with the right attitude and a little help he could make a mod. And if it was good enough, and advertised, and universally considered better than what we have now, people would us it.

Then I realised that he's clearly just another 'omg you nerfed my gun' guy.

Person, after reading your posts, would I be right in assuming that your preferred version of Soldat was the 1.2 era, into which you dominated easily with your destroy-all auto?

No no, maybe not. Maybe you were one of a dozen desert eagle users i've seen whining about how much it takes to kill now.

Either way, get over it. Sure, it's hard to change. Your weapon of choice back in 1.2.1 is now much harder. All of them are. The 1 shot weapons which proved dominated in 1.2.1 are also useful now. Hows that for balance? 'every' gun is usable and can be countered. Not just autos like in 1.2.1, and not just 1 shot weapons like in 1.1.5.

Meanwhile if you want some advice on how to counter certain weapon types, i'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions around here. And remember, this is a 'new' version of Soldat, so new rules apply.

August 30, 2005, 5:18 pm
There were 1 shot weaps in 1.1.5? meep. I wish they could increase the weap dmg though, make it more realistic... but hey, we can't ask for everything, expecially not vehicalz.

You consider the 1.2.1 to be destroy all? Hey, the steyr seems to be harder to use now... any tips? I tried burstin, but it seems too slow..

The Geologist
August 30, 2005, 5:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zamorakyea...
Ruger lost all offensive capabilites

quote:Originally posted by Zamorak

You have no idea what it was like before then.
You can't just waddle to an enemy base guarded by more than 2 people and walk away alive with the ruger now, unless you have like %100 accuracy.

I wonder if you have any idea what it was like before then. You suppose way too much. Ruger has barely been changed. If you had any skill with the ruger before you should be able to manage..if not, find a new gun and drop the assumptions.

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 8:49 pm
the sad part is this has once agian turned into a weapon balance discussion, I would personally Like to apologize for my previous post which was related to weapon discussion/whining. I would now like to say something on the original subject of this topic

I personally think this version is different from that last one, the 2 biggest changes include HTF and Weapon Editor. The Weapon editor has brough some pretty nice options, if you are bored and want to screw around, put knifes into a minigun and have fun, But if you are more serious you can create different types of weapons for your server, advertise your mod and hopefully watch people come play there.

HTF may be just another type of pointmatch, but its a really nice new thing to be added. Ive played some HTF's and they require some serious strategy and execution.

After those big changes, theres alot of minor perks added which really improve the game in areas other than simply gameplay, Ive personally found the Fast Forward feature is a really nice thing to have when im watching demos, along with the new server commands, including /gamemode, allowing to change settings such as realistic, advance etc etc right when your in the server, along with the nice little /kill command which is a whole lot of fun.

So basically my point is, I Personally like htis version, The 2 complaints I have about this version are 1. mp5 being just a bit stronger than every other weapon, and 2. The horrendous amount of bugs that have appeared.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 30, 2005, 9:05 pm
I think that most complaints come from people who arent good with their old favorite weapon anymore and they aren't smart enough to try new weapons.

zyxstand
August 30, 2005, 9:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixI think that most complaints come from people who arent good with their old favorite weapon anymore and they aren't smart enough to try new weapons.

barret still rox - and im not a noob camper - im a combat sniper

quote:Originally posted by AlamoIt was also my opininion that the new version should be called 1.2.2 because of the lack of new stuff.

When will you guys get it that there is no 'they' in Soldat programming! It's Michal Marcinkowski alone.

THANK YOU! that was my point to begin with (b4 it turned into a weapon balance discussion)

quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterquote:Originally posted by zyxstandI have not seen any actual NEW features.modding has been made SO much easier thanks to the \Mods folder. thanks to weapon mods, soldat can be completely changed (look and feel) into a very different game (i recently made a hillbilly mod, 3 shotguns, 2 hunting rifles, etc) in the run of a batch file.

no NEW features? HTF is defintely new. sure, in a way it's a combination of game modes, but it's a GOOD combination of game modes.

i didn't disagree with the mods not being new - although i did state i totally dislike it cuz of extreme weapon capabilities..
and when i say 'new' i mean entirely new...htf is not entirely new - it uses the same flag as point match with the rules from infiltration...combined makes it a tweak...

quote:Originally posted by ExtacideI dont use autos, I use deagles. I dont charge into campers, I usually take a strategic advance on them or just avoid them period. Although I sometimes use HK and minimi, long distance spraying doesnt do the trick either. Still, there shouldnt be THAT many barret users.

EXACTLY! ight -imma go teach you all a fun secret: next time you see a camper in CTF and you just got his flag (and he's camping the other way), drop your secondary and punch him once...then run away and watch as he attempts to kill you by punching the air - now that's funny!

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 9:44 pm
About the clanwars comment, yes, ive been in a few, and in there i always pick a weapon that best suits my team and works against the enemy.

Im sorry about starting the whole weapon balance arguing, but I cant stand the barret or m79 anymore. In 1.2.1 its an annoyance because in there I can just make 2 head shots before they can even time their aim - now its 4 shots from afar because up close they STILL get me.

About miniguns as of late, twice ive seen an idiot minigunner push the ffc back into enemy fire, or prevent them from moving to cap, or just getting out of there, thus, they die. And people still minisurf, and they still go decently fast.

Ok, im done with the weapon balance.

And zyxstand, I must try that.

vash763
August 30, 2005, 10:17 pm
So, zyxstand, infiltration isn't a new game mode since it's just a variation on CTF?

And, Teamatch, Pointmatch, and Rambomatch are just a modified Deathmatch's. So they obviously can't be new game modes.

So really according to your logic, we have two different game modes? CTF and Deathmatch, then just a bunch of "rule changes"; which obviously can't be called thier own game modes.

a-4-year-old
August 31, 2005, 12:03 am
when i first got 1.3 i was like "whoa a new game mode! mod weps... whatever, omg im a major now, hmmmm, ak-47 is spelled wrong... chainsaw is better, finally people appreciate boogieman, my maps work now (i dono how they didn't don't ask) then i started playing some random battle, WTF!!!! the minigun shoots law missile thingys!!!! omg that sux! *leaves laggy modded ctf server* lets try htf that sounds fun *changes filters* *-* wow there are like 2 dedicated servers *enters one* ok *checks teams* 2-red 8-blue WTF TEAMS! next map *teams are even now* blue guy takes flag and camps for 30 seconds *next map* omg that sux!!! *enters a non modded game* wow lets try all weps... *deagles* i suck at these bu not bad... *mp5* same *ak-##* (forgot the numbers) not really changed much if any *styg-augythingy* same *spas* underpowered as ever (over med distances) *sux at ruger* *skips* *m79* easy to use as ever *barret* fav wep (same) *minimi* same kinda *minigun* *called a noob* SAME! sept for blink that just screwed the aim even more *ussocom* same *knife* fav secondary same *chainsaw* a little better... but than i came to the law... i crouch... hold down trigger... (Please refrain from swearing)ness... omg damn invisible bullets!!!! *got barreted by camper i was lawing* again... crapped up

the conclusion...
exept the bug fixes :) some of the changes made the game less fun :( (mostly (Please refrain from swearing) mods!!!!!!) i think they can easily be fixed... filter out mods (not only mods filter thats just stupid) trash htf (btw teammatch is not a change of deathmatch and nobody really plays pointmatch and inf anyway) cause it's retarded un(Please refrain from swearing) the law/autos... what else... make some bigger changes (new polys???) thats about all for now

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 1:27 am
My psychic powers are telling me that all the WM servers will lose popularity relatively soon, especially t he overdone ones, and they will convert back to regular servers.

So just for now play in normal servers, there are alot of them and it shouldnt be hard finding one.

zyxstand
August 31, 2005, 2:37 am
quote:Originally posted by vash763So, zyxstand, infiltration isn't a new game mode since it's just a variation on CTF?

And, Teamatch, Pointmatch, and Rambomatch are just a modified Deathmatch's. So they obviously can't be new game modes.

So really according to your logic, we have two different game modes? CTF and Deathmatch, then just a bunch of "rule changes"; which obviously can't be called thier own game modes.

good point!
they should be categorized as 'flag games' and 'death games' or something
until a new feature (such as underwater (though that wouldn't make new game-modes)) comes out, we should stick to the 1.2.4

after such a long time of 1.2.1, i expected there to be a lot of new things - i even hoped for new game-physix concepts introduced...but to my disappointment it was all just enhancements of the older version...

person
August 31, 2005, 3:06 am
Chakra, you'd be slightly wrong in those assumptions. While I did use the Steyr and Desert Eagles, I also used the M79 and Barret, and to a smaller extent a couple of others. I'm also pretty good with a socom.

And don't tell me that the 'eagles don't suck now... you'd think that someone good with them beforehand would still be alright and competetive with them... and that is just not true.

[IMAGE]
<edit> that's a mostly complete record of added 1.2.1 and 1.3 stats.

Where you say "all of them (weapons) are (harder to use)...", is my point exactly. I want to be able to kill quickly + efficiently, and it's a chore to even try with any weapons other than single shot kill weapons now.
And thanks for the offer of help on your behalf, but I don't think I'll be needing any.

a-4-year-old
August 31, 2005, 4:02 am
i think i just thought there would be more to the game... new game-mode bull (Please refrain from swearing), thats just a cheap add on to the game. i expected to see the weapons messed with (ive gotten used to it by now) and the wm suck alot i hate them i mean you live 2 seconds and it takes no skill grab the rapid fire law and spray. it takes the fun away. i mean atleast mm took some time on the weapons not "lets make a minigun shoot m79s and the spaz shoot cluster grinades ant a rapidfire barret! i hate wm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 6:11 am
I don't really play anymore. Ruger lost all offensive capabilites

I've only been playing a few weeks now and i am twice as good with ruger than i am with any other (non 1-hit) weapons... I'm actually competitive with it...

August 31, 2005, 6:33 am
a-4-year old, find a public server without a weapons mod. None of the good servers use weapmods,and can't u see the (WM) on the front? It means its a weap mod, so avoid it if you dont want to encounter people with superweaps.

Merach
August 31, 2005, 9:42 am
I don't really play anymore. Ruger lost all offensive capabilites, bink really didnt fix spraying either. And more and more people use m79 and barret, thus sucking the remaining fun out of the game..

bah, another player thinking M79 is a noob weapon, I can't deal with this. If you spray with mini you are a noob, if you camp with barret you are a noob, if you boost with M79 or nades you are a noob, com'n guys. There are no noob weapons, only noob users. I'm tired of people caling me noob cause I use M79. Only idiots when are being owned complain about M79er.
Have fun.

NavySeal
August 31, 2005, 7:40 pm
About m79, you don't just pick it up and shoot, its more than that. Now I often hear "1 shot kill weapon lame" Never heard it 1.2.1

crazymonkey
August 31, 2005, 10:29 pm

The only thing different about ruger is that the first four shots are more important. Longer reload = save your bullets. Besides ruger is NOT an offensive weapon. Never was, never will be. It's defensive, and anybody who uses it offensive is using it wrong(I found that out the hard way). There are probably a couple people who can actually use it offensive, but it is meant to be used defensively.

zyxstand
September 1, 2005, 2:30 am
quote:Originally posted by crazymonkeyquote:Originally posted by Zamorakyea...

The only thing different about ruger is that the first four shots are more important. Longer reload = save your bullets. Besides ruger is NOT an offensive weapon. Never was, never will be. It's defensive, and anybody who uses it offensive is using it wrong(I found that out the hard way). There are probably a couple people who can actually use it offensive, but it is meant to be used defensively.

...then you'd have to say that the sniper is also only for defending... but I, along with a great many other ppl, use it offensively - and we use it WELL! so don't argue that the ruger is offensive or defensive...that's just like that stupid phrase 'our best defense is our offense' - totally pointless!

SPARTAN_III
September 1, 2005, 10:59 am
my server runs the weapons from the militias reborn mod. no overpower. barret gets nerfed into a no-damage scout weapon. i dont have a grenade launcher either.

the ruger has not "lost all its offensive capabilites" it can still kill a person quickly.

Deleted User
September 1, 2005, 11:04 am
quote:Originally posted by Merachquote:Originally posted by Zamorakyea...

bah, another player thinking M79 is a noob weapon, I can't deal with this. If you spray with mini you are a noob, if you camp with barret you are a noob, if you boost with M79 or nades you are a noob, com'n guys. There are no noob weapons, only noob users. I'm tired of people caling me noob cause I use M79. Only idiots when are being owned complain about M79er.
Have fun.

First, The definition of Own:

An act of one person performed against another person from which both individuals have equal potential to perform at the most maximum possible strength.

In short, m79 vs any other non 1 hit killing weapon isnt owning them, because if you want to be technical, m79 is one of the best guns in the game now due to its instant kill and decently fast reload. I dont really look at m79ers as too skilled considering the ease of using m79 effectively. Ive picked it up in games and was fairly accurate, considering ive never used it before. It has an arc, an instant kill shell, splash damage, and a reload faster then other guns - overpowerful imo. I dont openly call m79ers noobs anymore, although I still think of them as so. The fact that an actual newbie can use an m79 to kill ANYONE and not with any other gun (Discluding the barret) is just lame.

Also, m79 attracts alot of newbies to use it just like the barret and minigun, thus part of the term, "m79 n00b.". In 1.2.1 not many people used it because other weapons were actually powerful. Now that they're weak in 1.3, everyone just jumps to the m79 to use its advantages over every other gun. Im guessing 30% of all soldat players use an m79.

Anyways, thats kinda off topic, but that post just required my reply. =3

Anyways, on with the arguing how 1.3 isnt new! :D

crazymonkey
September 1, 2005, 1:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandquote:Originally posted by crazymonkeyquote:Originally posted by Zamorakyea...

...then you'd have to say that the sniper is also only for defending... but I, along with a great many other ppl, use it offensively - and we use it WELL! so don't argue that the ruger is offensive or defensive...that's just like that stupid phrase 'our best defense is our offense' - totally pointless!

Imo, you can't really rush with ruger, because then it lets the enemy get too close to do stuff. You have to kind of rush until they're on your screen and then use your distance. Barret is 1 shot, and reload will let the person get close enough anyways, so it doesn't matter if you use it offensively or defensively, but it can be more effective offensively if you're a really good shot and have a socom handy.

a-4-year-old
September 1, 2005, 5:11 pm
i was playing soldat today there where like 6 ctf games one zombe and 5 wm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now im just pissed at wm they are killing me from the inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't have the option of a "real game" witch totally blows

The Geologist
September 1, 2005, 5:37 pm
"OMG! You killed me with a barret/m79! Even though you killed me I'll never achknowledge you have any skill and I'll always see you as a noob because of your choice of gun! Like yea!"

You guys are pathetic. It's attitudes like that which ruin a good game and create a need for the word n00b. Assume all you like, but to keep pace with an auto user an m79er needs skill. So don't worry...you've never been "owned" by someone with an m79 if you just tell yourself they're n00b enough. -_-

Deleted User
September 1, 2005, 7:43 pm
true

DT
September 1, 2005, 8:38 pm
It takes more skill to keep your weapon aimed at someone longer and pull of 10 shots before they die

Instead of one shot.

zyxstand
September 1, 2005, 9:40 pm
DUH! and that's the risk barreters take! cuz if they miss once, they're partially screwed...unless they're good (ie: me ;)

a-4-year-old
September 2, 2005, 1:27 am
thank you zyxstand for clearing that up for all the people
(major)omg barretard!!!!! btw how does the law work?
(a-4-year-old)noob
*vote kick*
___________________l
l kick: major l
l voter: a-4-year-oldl
l reason: noob!!!!!!!l
l f11-no f12-yes l
l__________________l

major has been kicked from the game

September 2, 2005, 2:00 am
ooh, zyx, you're soooooooooo modest.

Barret is an easy kill if your target is moving in a straight line, is a complete n00b, and is not carrying an auto of some sort.

But carry a knife, for backup.. just in case.

zyxstand
September 2, 2005, 2:49 am
knife is a man's true best friend ;p
it rarely fails me...
i wanna get another one of them kill-counter thingy just to see how helpful the knife was.

if you really wanna get good with the barret try practicing vertical head shots! the fact that the cursor in soldat isn't centered in the cross-hair makes it difficult to get an exact approximation of when to pull that trigger... unless you're good...

a-4-year-old
September 2, 2005, 3:49 am
i am good :) but i still need a knife for those dubble kill/steal flag moves (O__O) sweet

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 4:05 am
Im sure any barreteer with any ounce of skill in him can manage to put an obstacle inbetween him and the enemy until he reloads. M79 reloads pretty fast so im sure any m79er who misses 1 shot can reload fast enough to make another.

About your comment geologist, the fact i can pick them up and use them just as easily, and that a lot of m79ers/barretards usually cant use any other weapon for crap points them out as a newbie. (Imho) I dont mind if they use it for a few minutes because they picked it up or i happen to get caught in their revenge streak (However that word is spelled), or they're just in the mood for it, but people who (Please refrain from swearing) it, never use any other gun because well they suck with everyother gun, just go along in the pile of your average soldats.

September 2, 2005, 4:47 am
Now you see theres a difference between whiners and players. A knifer for instance, will throw a knife from a long distance away. SHould it connect, a n00b would say, omgwtf(bbq)haxxoooorrrr!!!

A real player would compliment the knifer and then shoot the knife when he respawns.

Socom is a lil underpowered to me, only real socomers can use socoms.

Actually, guns depend on moods. If you feel annoyed, or rlly pissed, you'd go for a big auto. If you're depressed, you'd take a gattling gun and camp, just holding down the clikc button (this happens if you're too tired or just can't be (Please refrain from swearing)ing bothered to attack the enemy base.)

If you feel calm, you take a sniper rifle and wait for the enemies to come for you. If you feel very wierd, you take a chainsaw and do runs in the enemy base

:P

Lolz

a-4-year-old
September 2, 2005, 4:59 pm
well, i would use other guns but barret is usually best, i mean im not bad at any gun (sept law) but im best at barret and you wanna be your best right you dont wanna show off your spraying skills.

reckon
September 2, 2005, 5:11 pm
Lag will push me to use certain weapons I rarely use.
For instance, my primary is the mp5 and I do quite well with it. However, when I get gipped from kills due to lag, I resort to the more powerful weapons, barret and m79.
Usually those (barret/m79) register hits in times of lag where as if I was using the mp5, some hits wouldnt register.
I dont think mood has much to do with it 117.
Whenever I feel tired, not depressed (depressed was a poor word choice too), Im more of a defensive guy; protecting the base with a double primary combo. More often than not, I try to pair my mp5 with an m79 for optimal close range effiencey.

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 5:35 pm
Although you only have one chance with the barret, you dont have to calculate your shot as much as other weapons, and its one hit kill. I have more respect for m79ers as they at least need to thank a bit to use it.