( search forums )
Who the hell plays pointmatch?????
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 12:38 pm
pointmatch is the most unpopular match, so i think why michal doent remove that mode and chance it by other one new?

frogboy
August 30, 2005, 12:56 pm
There was a question or two about this in the recent interview:

[Witcher] Another question from mancer then, I haven't seen a pointmatch server in a very long time. If this continues to be, do you plan to replace it? Replace the pointmatch I mean.
[MM] Because nobody plays it?
[Chakra] That's actually my favourite game mode
[MM] Yeah mine to, I prefer it more than deathmatch, I don't know why people don't play it. I'm not gonna remove it because there is no point in removing stuff.

RaVeN6_6_6
August 30, 2005, 2:25 pm
Deleteing a gamemode would require changing quite a few bits of code. As you can see from the addition of hold the flag, a gamemode doesn't need to removed so a new one can be added.

August 30, 2005, 3:12 pm
Yeah, then people will start shutting up about the HTF being lame, ghey and pointless. But i use pointmatch to make my soldat look nice, almost like a samurai with a flag strapped to his back....lolz.

Pointmatch is like rambo match, only people don't need it to score killz

DT
August 30, 2005, 8:27 pm
MM plays pointmatch...on the radio event...

Aquarius
August 30, 2005, 8:57 pm
Michal and Chakra play Pointmach.
If some day you will find a PM server (with two guys), it will be MM and Chakra.

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 2:51 am
If that ever happened, pointmatch would instantaneously become the most popular gamemode... Until five minutes later when MM and Chakra leave; then it'd plummet into obscurity again :P

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 3:15 am
i like point match i really like them because its not just killing its getting the flag and killing lol

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 5:02 am
Why delete it?? If its there its there, and im sure someone plays it still.

Vijchtidoodah
August 31, 2005, 5:19 am
quote:Originally posted by YoMammasMammaIf that ever happened, pointmatch would instantaneously become the most popular gamemode... Until five minutes later when MM and Chakra leave; then it'd plummet into obscurity again :P

Hardly, because it was never in obscurity. I used to play it all the time in completely full servers...I don't know if those servers are still there because I've been stuck in RS servers for a while, but I'm sure you can find some.

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 11:18 am
if u say so... i dont have anything against it lol

Swarmer
August 31, 2005, 7:45 pm
dunno why this post is in this section...
anyways, pointmatch is really fun on arena2, with the player limit maxed out (although you can never get that many people in a point match, so bots work i guess). that way you can get tons of kill-stacks, and you set the point limit to several hundred. you can easily get 50-60 points in about 10 seconds. its chaos but fun.

DT
August 31, 2005, 8:45 pm
Yea this is not in the right section...
General...
deathmatch... people just pick that instead...

bond_james_bond
September 1, 2005, 3:12 pm
Not a fan of pointmatch... But I do look into RAAMBBOO

silly Suasag3
September 2, 2005, 10:39 am
wdf tons of pplz play pms i was in 1 with 29 pplz! wdf

quickslash
September 3, 2005, 12:44 am
yah a lot of people play pm of course not as much people play it as ctf dm rambo or tdm but still it is good

dr.ON
September 6, 2005, 3:09 pm
Come'on pm, it's like dm, but with something special.

T-Money
September 6, 2005, 10:12 pm
PM is fun, but unfortunately it's gone the same way that our newest gamemode has gone: down the friggin' tubes. I don't understand why nobody plays.

Deleted User
September 8, 2005, 8:24 pm
yeah, hold the flag, only some people play
why?
i like htf, its fun, them why almost no one plays it?????
when i search for htf servers, the max players they have is from 1 to 5!

Colonol Roy Mustang
October 24, 2005, 10:24 pm
I think pointmatch is a fairly fun game mode. What do you think the most popular game mode is though?

Stern
October 25, 2005, 1:08 am
TDM or CTF are the most popular. I like both pointmatch and the new hold the flag, personally. In hold the flag, it's great that you can kill as many people as you want and not get any real gain. Hold the flag is a game that tests your ability to survive as opposed to your ability to kill. Provides a different viewpoint on the game.

rabidhamster
October 25, 2005, 2:48 am
i love pointmatch and you can all die if you don't love it too

GARAoftheDESERT
November 12, 2005, 1:06 am
Didn't point match get (replaced?) with hold the flag

If there were a team point match, now that would be interesting.

- Tek -
November 12, 2005, 8:23 am
hold teh flag was teh team version of pointmatch.
I'm actually more interested in hold the flag. Its like ctf but more focus on killing people. No bases for noobs to camp on.

nfsjunkie91
November 14, 2005, 3:44 am
i the hell play pointmatch. also i the hell run a rambo server from time to time, but so many pll are retarded about it, and just kill others and wonder why only guy with the bow gets points. :P idiots.

Maka
November 27, 2005, 11:41 pm
Its not bad, Just really really shisty for those who don't have the flag, thus is the reason no one usually is on the servers.

Kaider
November 28, 2005, 12:22 am
I don't know why no one plays it, It's MM's favorite game mode....

GARAoftheDESERT
November 28, 2005, 2:43 pm
I saw a point match just the othere day.

It was a map test shure but POINTMATCH!

Echo_Trail
November 28, 2005, 8:58 pm
i luv PM! Sadly there's not many servers playing it!
it's a bit like deathmatch, only ppl tend to "stick together" a little when the flagcarrier is within reach! that's just awesome..

criddo
December 9, 2005, 12:53 am
Yeh, pointmatch isn't bad, but I don't really get the point of it, and I'd rather do deathmatch.

JoEcOoL
December 17, 2005, 6:59 pm
Letme put it this way:

S0meguy Enterd the game.
s0meguy: yo motha [CENSORED]a noone like dis so screw a goat!
ERROR! Game haxified.
Terminating game.

THats why i dont make piontmaches.

Zakreon
December 17, 2005, 7:17 pm
"Who the hell plays pointmatch?????"

this is probably the rudest comment i have ever heard, its like some guy that dosnt like soldat saying:

"Who the hell plays SOLDAT????"

jsut because there arent thousands of people playing it dosnt mean people dont like it, hundreds of people may play pointmatch everyday