( search forums )
Prosavage Fix
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Maluno
August 30, 2005, 11:09 pm
Since I have seen many other people complaining about the problems with the Prosavage gfx cards in soldat, I have decided to release a modification package that fixes all of the graphical problems caused by the poor drivers. I too used to suffer from the plague of this horrible piece of hardware until I discovered a way to change the game graphics to make gameplay more enjoyable. This fix improved my playing ability greatly, as I am now able to tell which weapons people are carrying, and which are laying on the ground, and react accordingly. One of the biggest advantages, though, is the ability to see bullets flying through the air, and hence, dodge them.

I started this mod about 10-12 months ago, but only recently (6 months ago), finished the job. You need to download the zip file, and unzip it directly into your soldat folder.

There are no guarantees this mod will work (though I am confident it will), so remember to back up everything before you overwrite it!!! I have not tested these new graphics on any machine other than my own, so please report back to me with your results.

http://files.filefront.com/Prosavage_fixzip/;4386546;;/fileinfo.html

Enjoy!!!

EDIT: New hosting.

-Claw-
August 31, 2005, 6:14 am
Very good job :o

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 8:05 am
This was also done some time ago, though I can't remember by who. Perhaps it was you?

Maluno
September 2, 2005, 4:35 pm
I never released my fix before, however I have heard of the existance of such mods. I was always unable to find any fixes, in any case. If I had found them, I would have not needed to create this one. :
Please reply on your success/failure if you use the graphics!!! Thanks! :D:D:D

ulk
April 11, 2006, 7:29 am
Hey. I just wanna thank you. This fix made me beat my freinds even more.

I haven't found any faliures.

God Job :-)