( search forums )
htf_Muygen
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
The Geologist
August 31, 2005, 6:26 am
With the new addition of htf to Soldat, I figured I'd try my hand at making a primarily htf style map. Note that this map also supports pointmatch, rambo, and DM style gameplay. Not waypointed (no waypoints in Polyworks :p), so if anyone wants to give it a try I'm sure it's easy. Not a large concern.

Overview
Downloadage

Comments and otherwise welcome, as always.

Edit: Forgot to mention, thanks to Anna and her kick ass texture pack and Polyworks program.

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 6:57 am
....Nice map,like the size ..well all i can say is GJ!

m00`
August 31, 2005, 7:25 am
beautiful map geo, but is it small or big, in the screenshot it looks small

The Geologist
August 31, 2005, 7:28 am
Thanks for the comments. It's definately a small map, and it's meant to be small. Kinda forces you to defend the flagger instead of running around a big map.

DeMonIc
August 31, 2005, 9:25 am
This map is perfect.. spawnpoints nicely placed, looks are sweet, no issues with balance. Great job man :J

cooz
August 31, 2005, 10:37 am
hehe, Geo ure fast, Anna posted her texture pack at 01:49:54 and u released map at 06:26:46,
and ow yeah, nice shading, good polygons placement, fine scenery effects - pretty good map ;)

i can say anything about gameply though.

Sgt. York
August 31, 2005, 1:04 pm
I like the colors... cool map

papasurf31
August 31, 2005, 2:12 pm
I love the shading on this map. It's so original, and yet gives that very comprehensible feeling of subterranean landforms. Like, playing this map, you can just FEEL that you're underground. Strong scenery placement and lighting, along with the perfectly chosen background colors, give this map a distinct atmosphere that many others lack. The weird grass/shrub scnenry feels out of place to me, and the darkness of the cave at the bottom could be done a bit more subtley. Still, Great Job, I think this is my favourite map from you so far.

KiKAzz
August 31, 2005, 5:47 pm
The shading and colours the that map is cool. I like it. GJ Geo

GAMEOVER
August 31, 2005, 7:42 pm
looks pretty good wish it was a DM map.

The Geologist
August 31, 2005, 7:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERlooks pretty good wish it was a DM map.

quote:Originally posted by The Geologist Note that this map also supports pointmatch, rambo, and DM style gameplay.

Reading helps.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 31, 2005, 9:20 pm
I love the coloring, it just looks so natural..:D

Roy
August 31, 2005, 10:51 pm
Looks very nice. It's mirrored, but that doesn't really matter. There aren't any bad poly bugs or anything, the shading and scenery are pleasing. Good work.

I've been contemplating methods for small-scale HTF maps, and this does it well. Maybe I'll waypoint it (not that HTF maps against bots are terribly interesting...)

grand_diablo
September 1, 2005, 1:00 am
A bit too small for my taste, but except that: /me likes!

Deleted User
September 1, 2005, 11:44 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologistquote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERlooks pretty good wish it was a DM map.

quote:Originally posted by The Geologist Note that this map also supports pointmatch, rambo, and DM style gameplay.

Reading helps.

Lmfao.

Anyways, EXCELLENT look to it, the shading definetly goes perfect to the mood of the map, the sceneries look great, the overall look is just fantastic. The only thing i dont like is the smallness, other then that it seems pretty good.

Yukwunhang
September 1, 2005, 3:24 pm
YES Geo. You left the dark side.

GAMEOVER
September 1, 2005, 4:23 pm
quote:
Reading helps.

I guess sleeping does to..

Keron Cyst
September 1, 2005, 6:57 pm
Seriously one of the best maps I've ever seen. How long did it take you?

The Geologist
September 1, 2005, 7:29 pm
Thanks for all the comments...yea, the map is a bit small, but still very playable imo. I looked at some other larger htf maps, and some of the games I played on them just turned into people running in circles around a map that was a little too large to see the flagger.

Keron - Just a couple hours including some testing and a lil gameplay. I had the basic ideas floating around in my head and just sat down to get them onto Polyworks.

Deleted User
September 1, 2005, 7:40 pm
i think you should place some scenery's in the marked areas. they are to naked unlike the rest of the map.
[IMAGE]

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 4:41 am
Good point...some boxes, sandbags, barrels, etc...in the backround to go with the rest of the map would work imho.

Rambo_6
September 2, 2005, 1:25 pm
Looks quite original.

Mind if i do a review for mah new site? :)

Michal
September 2, 2005, 6:38 pm
Very original shading, it looks great. The scenery placement is good too.
I think it would make a nice default map.

The Geologist
September 2, 2005, 7:08 pm
@ Rambo - Sure! I'd be honored.
@ HHH and extacide - I may rerelease this map slightly larger and with a few sceneries in the bottom portions. Prolly over the weekend.

Targeted changes for rerelease: 1) Make the map slightly larger, 2) More scenery at the bottom, 3) Add Delta and Charlie spawns for pointmatch play.

Raptor
September 2, 2005, 11:42 pm
I agree with Rambo, this map is quite original and looks really good. Excellent job man, you deserve it!

Leo
October 29, 2005, 7:45 am
Why I have such a mess ?? :O
[IMAGE]

afly
October 29, 2005, 8:04 am
Exellent map Geo, I love the shading/what I think the gameplay would be like, I think its a good design for HTF. Also a very good example of what you were telling me about my maps(about Trying and relie more on shading for looks).

Leo, Press F9. (Read my reply to you on your forums on my map).

grand_diablo
October 29, 2005, 12:20 pm
Leo, check if some of your sceneries is actually a texture file (and therefore at the wrong place) and also check if youve accidentally copied the full texture file of this map into the edges folder.