( search forums )
Inf_citadell -fixed already
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
DeMonIc
August 31, 2005, 11:37 am
Of all the maps I made, I worked the longest on this one, and I think it was worth it. Polyworks made this map possible, and I'm proud of it :) Recommended players: 3v3 to 5v5.

Credits:

- Anna for Polyworks
- <3 everyone who helped with testing
- Lapis Lazuli and Activison for the background.

And now, the screenshots!
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[Download]

EDIT:
Fix:
- Made bridge better-looking
- Perfected tard-protection (can't get out and stay there)
- Made the background non-rotated (looks slightly better)

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 11:43 am
I like it.

KnOt
August 31, 2005, 11:47 am
I like it too. Very 'gloomy' sort of feeling..

m00`
August 31, 2005, 11:49 am
i like, but the background doesn't really fit, sure it looks nice in the overview but when your playing it doesn't look very right :(

papasurf31
August 31, 2005, 2:07 pm
No offense but...I don't like it. The layout seems too simple and if you're going for more of a visual appeal, you could do so much more with polyworks to make it look much nicer. To me, it just feels so rough around the edges, and that background is 20 shades of sh1t colored ugly. your woater is just one color too, and only looks like water in the most abstract way. The buldings look nice, but they seem like empty shells, with nothing in them. The whole map in general just looks way too empty.

Honestly, I think both you and polyworks are capable of much better things.

GAMEOVER
August 31, 2005, 7:39 pm
I think the backround looks awesome but on the left side of your map its as if it disappears which kinda ruins the look of the map from an overall view imo. <3 that backround

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 31, 2005, 9:21 pm
I agree with m00

Deleted User
August 31, 2005, 11:29 pm
I think the empty feeling adds to the appeal. It looks very twilight-ish, like the sun is setting over a place long gone.

grand_diablo
September 1, 2005, 1:03 am
naah, I know better ones from you, Demonic ;)

the layout is kinda average, ive seen similar ones quite often already.

The background is nice, but could be a bit darker and more "pastel" like with the colors. Plus, if you use such a backgriund scenery, place borders around the whole map, and in case you can see outside the poly borders, place black polys there.

Raptor
September 3, 2005, 1:06 am
Wow this map is cool, I like shading techniques of it :D (did I spell something right?)