( search forums )
CTF Bone Cave 1.2 - Waypointed
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
September 1, 2005, 4:47 am
Bone Cave - Supports All Game Modes - CTF Map Waypointed by Raptor, Many thanks!

Update: Bridge fixed, please re-download.

[Download]

Red flag spawns at the tree. Blue spawns at the crates in the deeper cave, above the gassed chambers.

Questions, Comments, welcome.

The Geologist
September 1, 2005, 4:52 am
Looks positively delicious! More commends forthcoming after a little time playing the map, but at a glance I love the dark feel, as well as all the twists and turns to roll around in. Good stuff!

Zero72
September 1, 2005, 6:38 am
Looks lovely, but I'll wait for waypoints before I download. I like how the red flag is, like, outside the cave. Sort of an interesting variation from entire-cave maps, if you know what I mean.

Deleted User
September 1, 2005, 7:00 am
I intend to expand upon it as soon as I can find someone to waypoint it. I intend for it to be a very large ctf map, meant for large clan wars or the like.

Deleted User
September 1, 2005, 11:32 am
Damn, looks nice. Ill go with zero and wait until its fully finished. Looking forward to seeing the final product. :)

papasurf31
September 1, 2005, 12:23 pm
I've never understood the use of the funky green scenery below the bridge. Is that supposed to be water?

BTW - Very nice map, the darkness helps to accentuate the "undergroundness", and you're shading is flawless as far as I can tell. Keep up teh good work.

Deleted User
September 1, 2005, 12:27 pm
The funky green scenery is, in fact, toxic gas.

It very much resembles a cave system in middle Tennessee called the Bone Caves, which are notoriously deadly, even on the ground floor, thanks to the toxic sulfur gas.

Avarax
September 1, 2005, 12:34 pm
its so colourfull that it seems like some comic map :) the layout is nifty but there are imo to many ways, the bridge could be more detailled, but nice map so far

Keron Cyst
September 1, 2005, 6:59 pm
Nice! Where does the Bravo flag spawn at?

_Mancer_
September 1, 2005, 7:20 pm
Would be better if it wasnt pitch black in the backround.. more like a gray/light gray fade..

Deleted User
September 1, 2005, 7:24 pm
mybe you should try another texture? i think that one is so sad, bleak and boring:p

person
September 2, 2005, 3:38 am
May I ask what a 7z file is?

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 5:33 am
Both teams spawn at their flags, as described in the first post. Sorry to be misleading. =]

A .7z file is a compressed archive made by 7zip. You must use either 7zip or WinRAR to open the file.

Rambo_6
September 2, 2005, 1:27 pm
Wouldn't the team inside the cave have a bit more of an advantage? It sorta seems like it.

Michal
September 2, 2005, 6:25 pm
Looks nice, the shading and colours on the rocks look unbelievably natural. The only thing I can complain about is the black background, but I'm guessing you needed that to hide the border polys.

GAMEOVER
September 2, 2005, 9:01 pm
At 1st I didnt know what I was lookin at because the black threw my eyes off but it looks good.

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 9:56 pm
I intend to make the background in sceneries, so don't worry about the black.

Currently, the map design will be like this:

Red team will spawn in a sort of visitor's center, and will have to travel through a forest and over/under a hill to reach the cave entrance.

Blue team will spawn in a small power control station within the caves, and will have several routes to navigate through the caves as well as traversing the forest and hill.

It's going to be a very large map.

Raptor
September 2, 2005, 11:35 pm
OMG! I like the effects of shading you applied to the polygons, also the bgcolors combine prefectly with the map... It will be a pleasure for me to waypoint it... if you want

Boxo
September 10, 2005, 8:43 am
It's great, I love the fact that it's completely non-symmetric. We need more maps like that.

The only things I don't like are the black background and the lack of scenery.

_Mancer_
September 10, 2005, 11:44 pm
This actually looks more like a DM map

Deleted User
September 11, 2005, 5:54 am
Mancer - It has a DM map included. =\