( search forums )
Hoooooold The Flag!!!!!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Bunford5
September 1, 2005, 8:45 pm
I love hold the flag, it's a great game. The problem is noboby is playing it online yet so i'll be keeping my server (called 'Hoooold The Flag!!!) up and running as much as i can from now on. As close to 24/7 as possible. Everyone please come and join the hold the flag servers, it's a great game so let's get the ball rolling and get people sharing the violence online!

Source
September 1, 2005, 9:12 pm
ok kool, shouldnt this be in adverts?

Bunford5
September 1, 2005, 9:30 pm
I'm talking about a broader issue regarding the lack of servers for hold the flag. We need more. Might be because version 1.3 is required, i often see 'requesting game' in the top left but nobody can join because they're on the old version. That might not be right, i'm no techie.

Deleted User
September 1, 2005, 10:09 pm
lol the requesting game...its prolly coz u have a firewall...1.2 people dont even SEE the damn htf servers...they cant do ANYTHING that u can do in 1.3...if they dont know 1.3 is out...just pretend the 1.2.1'ers think thats latest version

Bunford5
September 1, 2005, 10:45 pm
Thanx for the correction. I hadn't considered that the 1.2.1 people can't even see it. lol. I don't think a firewall is the problem because people can join the game but rarely do. Today i had a great game going with 3 other people. When it's actually going well it's great but not many people seem to be browsing the HTF servers. I've spent long periods of time using the filter to just play cTF games before so i guess people are doing that.

UGK
September 1, 2005, 10:59 pm
1.2.1 fanatics will never switch.....

Bunford5
September 1, 2005, 11:07 pm
I hope we'll see as many HTF servers as CTF servers soon. Hopefully more people will make servers because i can only do one for 6 people. Once a game is in progress, playing HTF with just knives and chainsaws, it's really good fun. I even prefer it to CTF if only there were other servers out there...

T-Money
September 1, 2005, 11:11 pm
HTF rocks, this is the game mode in which the "pass flag" action is best used.

September 2, 2005, 12:44 am
yes, HTF is finally becoming popular.. if MM refines the pass action, it would be cool.

Koon
September 2, 2005, 12:53 am
The only reason I dont play HTF is because all the maps for it suck. I like to play on big maps but there aren't any. If you make a nice big HTF map i'll come to your server.

Bunford5
September 2, 2005, 1:20 am
If you make a nice big map or find one you like i'll use it. My server can only hold 6 people at a push (people get ping warnings after 5 people join) so all you servers out there, please make a knife & chainsaw HTF server that works better than mine. :)

Captain Ben
September 2, 2005, 10:55 am
Yeah, it sucks when there aren't enough people.

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 4:22 pm
I haven't seen a single european HTF public, where my ping would be below 500 and the average number of players.. 4+ .. but yeah, the mod is cool -)))

Denacke
September 2, 2005, 4:27 pm
I love the current HTF maps. The size of it always provides a big bunch of action and a challenging game. It shouldn't be a hide and run game imo.

.alex.oner.
September 2, 2005, 4:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by KoonThe only reason I dont play HTF is because all the maps for it suck. I like to play on big maps but there aren't any. If you make a nice big HTF map i'll come to your server.

have you even played htf before?

some of the maps are bigger then paramud's ego..

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 5:15 pm
6 people...lol maybe because ur connection isnt so great?..i run a server HTF server that is a LOT..its just down right now because we are in the prosses of moving ..when thats settled it will be up a LOTTTTTTTTTT..... www.angelictitans.bravehost.com (btw i ned to change the infiltration thing on the one page..)

Michal
September 2, 2005, 5:57 pm
HTF is really fun, the only thing I don't like is some of the default maps. They kind of lead you to running around in circles and it gets a little boring.

I suggest you put some custom HTF maps in the server.

Keron Cyst
September 2, 2005, 6:08 pm
I'm with Koon and Michal. The HTF concept itself is very addicting and I'd play that game mode a heck of a lot more than CTF but most of the maps are one-way paths, not mentioning the lack of HTF servers.

I think any Pointmatch-compatible map with Teammatch spawns should be able to be played in HTF (some of the earlier servers a month back hacked that already), as DM maps have many different passages to take.

Swarmer
September 2, 2005, 6:30 pm
i think the maps are great. they are designed to be a big circle, which is a GOOD thing. this encourages teamwork, so you have to go from both sides at once.

September 2, 2005, 10:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by KoonThe only reason I dont play HTF is because all the maps for it suck.
I'm personally offended.

Mikal
September 3, 2005, 3:40 am
i'm having some trouble with the lobby server.

what's your server's ip?

frogboy
September 3, 2005, 3:52 am
Since HTF uses the yellow pointmatch flag, you can always use deathmatch maps if you find the HTF maps too small.

HTF is a great mode though, I played a proper game (i.e. not against bots for once) of it on the GameArena servers a few days ago.

Bunford5
September 3, 2005, 4:34 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboySince HTF uses the yellow pointmatch flag, you can always use deathmatch maps if you find the HTF maps too small.

I like the sound of that. How would i do it, rename a file somewhere or something? (I'm not too clued up on techie stuff) My best guess is to maybe copy a map file and rename the copy with a htf_ or whatever the prefix is.

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 5:16 am
i make htf maps..but i dont release them online....because no one plays htf hardly..if more people played..i would release my maps

rabidhamster
September 3, 2005, 11:23 pm
post a picture of your best maps, sethamundo. i'd be happy to play a new htf map...

frogboy
September 4, 2005, 1:01 am
quote:Originally posted by Bunford5quote:Originally posted by frogboySince HTF uses the yellow pointmatch flag, you can always use deathmatch maps if you find the HTF maps too small.

I like the sound of that. How would i do it, rename a file somewhere or something? (I'm not too clued up on techie stuff) My best guess is to maybe copy a map file and rename the copy with a htf_ or whatever the prefix is.

Just start soldat in HTF mode and then type "/map whatever-dm-map"

T-Money
September 6, 2005, 10:09 pm
I didn't know you could do that...awesome.