( search forums )
Inf_KingoftheHill project - giving away my idea :)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
tntnik
September 2, 2005, 12:42 am
okk im mnot sure if that name already exists, if so - fine!
anyway i have had this idea for a long time also (yes a year) and as ctf_2forts im too lazy to make it... maybe just dont want to spend so much time on it.
To the point > This map is a hill... :), no really its a mine in a hill where there are those carts on rails and supports to support the earth above etc. How is it related to "King of the Hill"? Simple, the Black flag is inside the mine which is not really hard to get, but what IS really hard is to get the black flag on top of the hill where the blue team spawns.
heres the layoout: (this is the simplest version that i made, others had more tunnels, which i dont think is cool)
[IMAGE]

anyway if u think (well i do) that this map is a little too chalanging for the red team the following things can be done: stat guns on red spawns, blue spawns high up in the air and needs to descend on parachutes, or a tunnel leading to the white flag.

So, if u are interrested please take this idea and make the map! i only ask you to give me some credit.

any comments?

UGK
September 2, 2005, 1:00 am
pretty cool map....im might check it out

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 2, 2005, 1:29 am
No icicles! :P

a-4-year-old
September 2, 2005, 1:40 am
what there is no tank senery!!! you obviously forgot the tank senery!!! no map is cool without tank senery!!!!! (need icicles too) where can i download this map?
lol

paramud
September 2, 2005, 1:42 am
DIE HEATHEN!
anyways, good map idea.

tntnik
September 2, 2005, 3:42 am
thank u all :)
btw, if somebody is going to make it (i hope so!) please post w/e improvements to the map u have thruoghout when u can. and u can ask me for any suggestions, im open :)

BTW: ICICLES RULE!

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 4:43 am
NO ICICLES! I can take a crack at it, ive been attempting to make inf maps as of late. If I ever get to it ill show you my progress.

Omg...thankgod i caught that. Brainfart moment. Just corrected myself. =3

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 8:33 am
wow.. that would be a great map.

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 1:01 pm
..Yeah ure giving away all your ideas =P

Actully ur ideas are orginal but when u add your picture how how the map could be it seems so...Perfect =

sande24
September 2, 2005, 2:34 pm
but the blues can't win... they can't get any points when their flag is taken...

tntnik
September 2, 2005, 4:06 pm
sande, its not true, look at where the red spawns, and where the blue spawns, the Black Flag is almost in the middle of these spawns, therefore most blue players (the smart plaeyrs :)) will either rush the reds or go inside the mine and defend the flag.
The idea is that the red players get to the flag 1 or 2 seconds later then the blue team. That way the Blue team will get some points. Also when the red players grab the flag, the blue players would already respawn and head to the flag to intercept the red team. Most likely the blue team will provail and the flag is returned - blue team gets 4 or 5 more points. and so on until the red team finally becomes the "king of the hill" :) (score 30 points)

and thank you all for ur comments :)

Maluno
September 2, 2005, 4:31 pm
The map is brilliant, as long as the one camper spot can only cover one entry point into the middle cavern, and you can't see the flag from there. just IMHO.

a-4-year-old
September 2, 2005, 5:21 pm
wow not enough icicles (MORE!!!!!!!) but still a good map

Keron Cyst
September 2, 2005, 6:22 pm
Maybe make the Bravo spawn points around the white flag, just outside of the castle base, instead of directly inside it...

tntnik
September 2, 2005, 6:28 pm
hmm.. keron cyst, i dont know aboout that, it may be better but i guess we'll have to wait and see :)

now i just hope some1 makes it :D anyway if i will have enough time (which i most liekly wont :( ) i might try to make it. of coarse if no body makes it until then :)

anyway, please post if u are actually going to make the map so i know if i have to sqweeze it in my schedual or not. thx all!

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 8:21 pm
thats something like this map i made
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=26150

tntnik
September 6, 2005, 11:49 pm
So, has anybody started making the map or decided to make it? if so plz post here and if u have done something plz take a pic and post it as well.

anybody is welcome to try to make this map btw :)

sande24
September 7, 2005, 7:18 pm
well i can start making it some day (tomorrow)
here you go
INF_CAPTURE_THE_HILL
MAP http://www.zone.ee/wind-ownz/INF_Capture_the_Hill_Sa24.PMS
OVERWIEV http://www.zone.ee/wind-ownz/INF_Capture_the_Hill_Sa24.PNG

tntnik
September 9, 2005, 9:10 pm
not bad, but when i try to play on the map i get an error saying "Read beyond File" or something like that.... idk whats up with that...

sande24
September 10, 2005, 7:26 am
all right by me... i have no errors...

tntnik
September 10, 2005, 11:14 pm
wierd...
well anyway from the overview id say the basic outline is pretty good, but if anybody else would like to make this map you are welcome to.

Deleted User
September 10, 2005, 11:19 pm
got any simple ctf or htf ideas?
i can map and waypoint but always make it crazy(without instruction)

tntnik
September 11, 2005, 8:57 pm
well i can think of something, but i usually make big and complex maps, thou just for u ill try to think of a simple and small one :)