( search forums )
ctf_morte
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Famine
September 2, 2005, 2:58 am
I had this layout idea for a while, but was never interested in mapping much. I finally tried my hand at it.

The idea was to make a more popular "death" map. I felt that making a route from above didn't really get rid of the flag spawn. I felt the main problem came from the one way flag route. Either you got out and hopefully made it, or got blasted down by the enemy spawns. I suppose a top route would be good for this map.

Screen:
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Download(Right Click>Save As)

Edit: I suppose I could have opened polyworks, but I drew them in instead.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
September 2, 2005, 3:09 am
Could you maybe make the pic show where everything spawns?

Rambo_6
September 2, 2005, 3:17 am
The walls are a tad skinny, but the layout is unique

Famine
September 2, 2005, 3:19 am
Yes, I was trying to make it much more open space, but I suppose I can try to make those two skinny walls a bit thicker.

a-4-year-old
September 2, 2005, 3:25 am
the walls seem too thin, it looks cool but they will get baretteted through the walls + the nade spamming is huge in this, mabe you should chop it up some so that there isnt that much of it. also camping is easy and there isnt much space to atually stand on. is it waypointed?? nice first try the problems are easy to solve. more sceneries??

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 8:29 am
i don't like this one.. to thin.

Keron Cyst
September 2, 2005, 6:30 pm
If a map veteran could take the basic design and completely redesign it it'd look awesome!

GAMEOVER
September 2, 2005, 9:00 pm
being so different makes it good.

Raptor
September 2, 2005, 11:32 pm
Man... the map looks pretty weird, the polygons are too thin and the bases are very close to each other... anyways, I like it!

Famine
September 3, 2005, 12:18 am
Yes, the bases are close. This is for 2v2 or 3v3 and there is low jet fuel so you must use the 3 stairs to enter the other base.

I suppose I could try and add adjustments soon. If anyone wants to try to fix it, they may.