( search forums )
Soldat Radio survey
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra`
September 2, 2005, 5:04 pm

'ello. Soldat Radio peeps wanted me to ask you lot something.

Soldat Radio's been running the clocks for about ...ooh ...almost 2 months I think now.

I was just wondering, to those who have listened to it or have opinions on it, what do you like and not like about it? Also what would you like to see presented on the radio?

Any ideas, criticism, death threats, or suggestions are appreciated.

website and forums at http://radio.selfkill.com for more info, but otherwise just leave your thoughts in this thread.

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 5:10 pm
I like next think on radio:
News, Dating show and player interwies.

I don't like next thinks:
DJ speaking same time as song going on (or trying sing with it), poor pop play list

I think should be nice:
Match commentary (team finland vs team sweden match were nice to hear), more difrent shows (I understant if those are hard to make and need lot of time.)

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 5:11 pm
i personaly like the radio...good interaction..ect. (aslo...lets see more events..like interviews,a rape chakra weekly passworded game lol (jk) but more games and stuff for us to play..like a soldat radio server thats passworded and works like u13 where ya gotta be on this forum or the mirc channel for soldat radio to get in)
YES..PLAYER INTERVIEWS...like one a day if possible XD

reckon
September 2, 2005, 5:15 pm
Ive only heard of soldat radio, but never inquired to dl it or participate in it.
Soley due to the fact my musical taste are quite personal.
Ive only heard of it from the many times its been mentioned on the forums, perhaps Ill check it out tonight when I get home from work.

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 5:24 pm
you dont download it..if u have realplayer or winamp and just click the link and it opens up the radio :)

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 5:25 pm
i think thats realplayer...

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 6:16 pm
Sometimes its good to play with soldat, once i was doing well on a server with 'Fat bottomed girls' by Queen playing :P

Sometimes the music is great, and sometimes its terrible (at least in my opinion). Overall its ok and i'll miss it if its taken off air.

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 8:53 pm
I think its funny, and you should keep it as freakin' weird as possible, its good that way. OO the song they are playing now was on Shaun of the Dead.

blackdevil0742
September 2, 2005, 9:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kouleman
I don't like next thinks:
DJ speaking same time as song going on (or trying sing with it), poor pop play list

Yeah that's bugging me alot, other than that it's OK

Aquarius
September 2, 2005, 9:22 pm
quote:DJ speaking same time as song going on (or trying sing with it)

I HATE THIS TOO! WTF IS THIS, A KARAOKE?!
OR MAYBE YOU THINK YOU ARE ABLE SING WELL? NO, YOU AREN'T...

Beside this, the radio is OK. I like Soldat News, music is OK :)

PS. more classical music ;)

Famine
September 3, 2005, 1:57 am
Good:
Effort being put into it.

Bad:
The same (Please refrain from swearing)ty music that is kept being played. I haven't check in recently, but I will. If it is anything like before, you need new dj's with different tastes, especially eclectic ones. Not this stuff I can hear on my local commercial radio. Also, one who has knowledge of underground in their area of music. I do not want to go on and hear something I have known about for years or something I have on my playlist already.

As well, I djed a few times. I have not been in IRC for a while (stupid g-line, I have tried to fix it but it only allows me in every so often) and the requests were annoying. Every second "OMG! KOERN!" or "Goriilazzz YO!". take off the request feature or something for the djs.

m00`
September 3, 2005, 2:03 am
soldat radio needs more DJ's singing the pokemon theme song

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 5:07 am
.....moo?........as hilarious as it is...the singing of the dj's is really overboard.. :\...it bugs the heck outta me....just let the freaking music play..talk in between songs or sumthin..lol but if a song rolls up thats supposed to be silly then fine sing it..but actualy songs..please dont talk while they are playing nor sing them.. :)

Melba
September 10, 2005, 5:57 pm
POP QUIZ

UGK
September 11, 2005, 10:17 am
i really dont listen to SR cause theres not enough cool music there.

i am ahab
September 13, 2005, 2:03 pm
well im bored wi soldat atm dude to be honest. ive just floated back here outta curiosity and am avin a glimpse see...

but from what i remember of the venture it was amusing and the 10% increase in amusing european accents definitly helped.

as i havent listened for a while i apologise if youve already implemented such a thing, but has anyone done any voice adverts for setting up games yet? perhaps passworded private servers details and times of availability or something ... ive lost my trail. i did have a point. ah soddit...

reckon
September 13, 2005, 4:59 pm
I think theyre should be a playlist available to the public, then the option to add your own music or request songs.

UltraMagnus
September 13, 2005, 7:57 pm
i have listened to it once or twice, personally i think there should be less music and more stuff.......

Ok
September 13, 2005, 8:12 pm
uha, lots of input here.
Hello, my nick is Ok I'm running the radio (Atleast I was before I went to amsterdam) I admit the radio have been a little off latley.
I haven't been putting alot of effort into it for certin reason, one of them my computer is (Please refrain from swearing)ed up and I need to fix it (new PSU needed).

I read all your comments, I agree with most of them, but you guys need to understand that this is a paradox, where dj's are sick of djing for 4-5 ppl, so they don't put as much effort as they can.

Your support is need, second news broadcast had 60 listeners and most of them REALLY liked it, a new broadcast of 8-7 minutes takes about 5-6 hours to make.

So more shows like that is a bit hard to do, live shows are easier to do , but what's the point of interviewing someone for 4-5 listeners.

More dj's with different tastes? its a bit hard you see, alot of you have different tastes.
ALSO! keep in mind we are not proffesional dj's, we need your help, if you have tips and names for us, we'll get it and maybe even get info on that band etc and broadcast it for u.

But you need to tell us: http://radio.selfkill.com/forum/index.php
This is our forum, please register there, start telling us what you want. if u register u will also be able to download all the news broadcasts from the past, and you can see what our staff can really make.

If you support us its makes it twice as easier to create a good radio for you! personaly I like listening to soldat radio while playing soldat. aspecialy when there are talks going on, its funny and u can share the laughes with other players who listen to it.

We're a small community but as someone who writes the scripts I can tell you, alot of funny stuff going on in the Soldat World! we can enjoy the community much more then just playing the game and bashing each other via posts.

#soldat-radio @ Quakenet
Or
http://radio.selfkill.com/forum/index.php

contact us, tell us what you want, we listen to everyone and we are here just for you!

Cookie.
September 13, 2005, 9:16 pm
I think it should be 100% Outcast all the time :)

STEELIX
September 13, 2005, 10:56 pm
I haven't actually tuned in to soldat radio ever, really.
I'm just not that interested in soldat.. Not on the level of listening to a radio station for a game, anyway.

Hoodlum
September 13, 2005, 10:59 pm
I'd like to see some sexy american DJ's.

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 12:29 am
I don't know how it would work, but I think it would be cool to get some players in a teamspeak server and have it broadcasted on the radio.

EDIT: Oh, and also, would it be possible to get a teamspeak server with a bot that constantly broadcasts the radio in the server? That would be nice.

i am ahab
September 14, 2005, 2:10 pm
lol

dude i like your teamspeak idea, especially if it could link up with some sort of spectator stream....

but as for the bot in the teamspeak server... why dont you just have winamp open tuned into soldat radio while you play?? :o

Deleted User
September 14, 2005, 3:52 pm
WHY WAS THE RADIO DOWN FOR A HALF OF A MONTH?

Well... My comment is that I listen to it a lot and I like it. Glad that there's a thing like that.

Masta
September 14, 2005, 11:37 pm
omg steelix is tht pokemon lol hahah -.-

Leo Da Lunerfox
September 14, 2005, 11:55 pm
Unlike most of the population at this forum, I liked it best when Chakra was playing the oldies :)

Ok
September 15, 2005, 1:13 am
Yea unfortunatly its unlike the rest :(
He's not playing oldies though, well maybe its oldies for u I dunno.
Anyways, that teamspeak Idea! GREAT!That way anyone can make their own shows or start anything.
I really like it!!!
I'll add special spots for that in the schedule!
nice one!! :)