( search forums )
New Melee Attacks.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
reckon
September 2, 2005, 5:23 pm
Instead of the ordinary punch, what if there was a combo that could be implemented when punching a soldat for more damage.
The idea is simple, if you punch the soldat twice, it does a one-two combo like a jab followed by a cross. It would result in more damage then just two punches.
Perhaps a three hit combo could be implemented as well, ending in an uppercut instead of a cross; so it would be jab cross upper. Or perhaps a hook instead of an upper.
But this is something Ive been thinking about for some time, what if there was a way to break the soldats neck.
Think about it, if you got close enough there would be a button to hold the opposing soldier, it would be relatively easy to escape from it, but if the attacker was able to quickly execute the command for the action, perhaps /breakneck or /stevensegal (:P), the snapping of the neck would commence. Now typing out the command would quite difficult, so thats why it would be a taunt, perhaps alt+ a number of sorts.

MisterX
September 3, 2005, 2:00 am
Sorry, but both just doesn't fit to Soldat. To the melee attacks: You can already instantly kill someone with chainsaw, by just holding the fire button while passing by an enemy. But that's definately not easy, that's why chainsaw isn't used much. Such melee moves would be even harder, so there would be hardly any situation wich you could use them in.
And for the neck breaking: If this would also hardly ever happen, it would just be anoying *when* it happens.
Soldat is totally based on combat on further distances, that's why such melee attacks would be rather useless I guess.

reckon
September 3, 2005, 2:22 am
Well as a soldier, they should know the mastery of guns as well as close up combat.
It only makes sense.
ONLY!
And it wouldnt be annoying, it would rulk.

sande24
September 3, 2005, 6:40 am
in a combat you can't hit people so easyly... everybody is running so the soldat will definaltely miss the second and third hits...

m00`
September 3, 2005, 6:54 am
i love the idea reckon, but i dont think Michal would be able to implement them ;/

reckon
September 3, 2005, 8:07 am
Thats the whole concept sande, it would be an awesome kill if you were able to connect with someone while playing, despite its rarity.
Imagine an incoming soldier and youre both about to make contact as you land, just as you do, you enter the command and bam, hold and snap the neck. Ah, it would be a glorious sight, a picture of pwnage.
Plus it would allow for more varieties of play, hand to hand or what have you.

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 2:47 pm
Im not sure about the breaking of the neck idea, but the punching combos sound sick. It would give more meaning to the fists being a secondary. Think about it...new players will come out, being based on up close combat. The fact you have to walk up to a soldat and be right next to him to punch him is hard enough. To make the 2nd and 3rd hits easier, the 1st stuns him for a second, allowing the 2nd and 3rd to come in. It wont kill him instantly, but it will damage him seriously, and disarm the enemy, forcing him to fight back or run for his gun.

numgun
September 3, 2005, 4:08 pm
how about kicking? imagine: while kicking use jets xD

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 4:10 pm
Meelee attacks should have some chance (50-75%) to disarm enemy's gun.. that would bring some more tactic and fun, mainly to realistic CTF though..

reckon
September 3, 2005, 7:07 pm
Yeah, Realistic and survival would be quite fun with this.
Sneakin around objects just waiting for a guy to walk past you then bam!
Just like Emeril, this could kick soldat up another notch.
And numgun, I got to thinkin about that last night. An aerial attack similar to a jump kick or something.
Soldat should be changed to Ninjadat.

lastpatriot
September 3, 2005, 7:19 pm
I only like the Flying Kick idea...

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 9:11 pm
These are some nice ideas. But I don't think they should be punch-punch-kick combos, it would look a little weird having a soldat doing a roundhouse ;)
It would be better if the moves would be more CQC (close quarter combat) orientated. One punch would stun them, the other two would grab the soldat, spin him around, and then do a classic kiss-the-dirt-with-your-hands-behind-your-back move :)

DeMonIc
September 3, 2005, 11:04 pm
By the time you'd get in melee range, and would try to hit with the second attack, your caracass would be lying on the floor with a bunch of bullets in it.

Back to a previous idea, however, melee combat's next level could be achieved by a kick (basically a punch with a small range) that the soldier would do by pressing throw when unarmed, thus "throwing" his foot forward.

rabidhamster
September 4, 2005, 12:50 am
if these ideas were implemented, i'm sure there'd be a couple of servers, fitted like this:

urban/industrial maps
realistic mode
survival mode
advance mode (4 kill-10 kill amount)
only two weapons: hand-to-hand and a modded ruger (w/ same stats as socom)
deathmatch
long time limit/kill limit

then again, maybe not...

Captain Ben
September 4, 2005, 3:06 am
A fly kick would be (Please refrain from swearing)ing awesome!

Deleted User
September 4, 2005, 3:18 am
Well, doesn't it only take around 2 punches to kill?

Deleted User
September 4, 2005, 4:03 am
Meh, I just think itd be kewl if you could do punching combos, flying kick idea goes a little too far...

mar77a
September 4, 2005, 4:32 am
One question (no offense): How many times in your Soldat play time where you unarmed, and face to face with a guy, and you actually had the chance to kill him?

Answer:
1) If you played for mor that 3 years=2
2) Otherwise=0,01

:) Sorry, but i dont htink it fits, nor needed...

September 4, 2005, 4:58 am
Hey, what about the flying kicks? Those should hurt. But i still think its fun to whack a soldat with ur hands and make him drop his weap. then blast him with it. I did it, and he chased me around the map, trying to kill me with no weap.

numgun
September 5, 2005, 9:25 pm
damn u all... -__-´´ u didnt get my point... i´ll explain: ur walking/flying and u want to kick (1 of your leg lifts up in to horizontal position), then, u press the jets and... u will start spinning around like a firecracker because the jets are located in ur boots and they are now in different position. thats what i meant! tho a kick idea i suggested would be still cool coz with method above i discribed could used for dodging too.(like the backflip) but this could also do some damage to anyone who close to you.