( search forums )
Gas Prices
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
?
September 2, 2005, 6:48 pm
Has Katrina effected your state?

well the gas price map of town town goes like this.
Early August around 2.19 - 2.22
August 15th 2.48 - 2.50
then suddenly when Katrina victims hit Georiga like a exploding pinata it went to 3 and now in some stations its 3.25
:(
these people need to get out of my town =/

karmazon
September 2, 2005, 8:47 pm
thats still a half of what europeans pay, be grateful the prices are so low

_Mancer_
September 2, 2005, 8:48 pm
Its 6 in georgia

MikeShinoda.pheonix
September 2, 2005, 9:14 pm
The prices here are around $3.20

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 9:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonthats still a half of what europeans pay, be grateful the prices are so low

Before or after conversion? The US dollar is worth a lot less than a Euro, so $3 is about the same as 6 Euro.

n00bface
September 2, 2005, 10:09 pm
quote:The US dollar is worth a lot less than a Euro, so $3 is about the same as 6 Euro.
NOOB!!!! YOU [fail] AT CONVERSION!!!!
And I won't be greatful ever because europe still has faster internets for cheaper.

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 10:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonthats still a half of what europeans pay, be grateful the prices are so low

Its not my problem if europeans pay too much for gas, if you're unhappy with the prices complain to your government, not the U.S, and this is the lounge not the bashpit, you have to have some kind of purpose to your post, and seeing as you dont even live in the U.S I'd say your post was pretty useless.

I live in western new york and gas is $3.00 and somthing cents, which is ridiculas for this area. They should make new york city and western new york different states, all the city does is feed off our taxes.

karmazon
September 2, 2005, 10:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BM and seeing as you dont even live in the U.S

what ?

Maxx
September 2, 2005, 11:16 pm
I heard 20 oil rigs are COMPLETELY gone, and around 30 are damaged.

All the gas stations around here usually have only one or two working pumps, but even having that many working is rare.

Everyone is getting gas whenever they can.

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 11:17 pm
it has effected all of my country >:-(

damned politicians!

Denacke
September 2, 2005, 11:54 pm
lol @ 6$ being 3#8364;

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 1:48 am
quote:Originally posted by ?Has Katrina effected your state?

August 15th 2.48 - 2.50
then suddenly when Katrina victims hit Georiga like a exploding pinata it went to 3 and now in some stations its 3.25

whow the (Please refrain from swearing) cares get a damm bike

m00`
September 3, 2005, 2:00 am
eh? in Sydney, Australia we pay from $1.09 to $1.30, after katrina it has increased a lot, and a few months ago it used to be like 80cents to 1 dollar :(

we have to pay per litre btw

grand_diablo
September 3, 2005, 2:00 am
I doubt we'll be driving that kind of cars in 2020.

paramud
September 3, 2005, 2:36 am
Well not around here, In california A.K.A. hottest-(Please refrain from swearing)ing-place-on-earth.
We have reserves.. and stuff...

Cookie.
September 3, 2005, 4:18 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`eh? in Sydney, Australia we pay from $1.09 to $1.30, after katrina it has increased a lot, and a few months ago it used to be like 80cents to 1 dollar :(

The price here is now $1.35 per litre, works out to about $5.13 Canadian per american gallon, so about $4.31 US per American gallon :"(

I think Canada should horde all our oil and not provide any to you Americans >:|

Rambo_6
September 3, 2005, 4:59 am
HA!

My dad owns a gas station, the current price is $1.19.9/litre :D

Pwnage!

Captain RibMan
September 3, 2005, 5:43 am
It's expensive here, or so I've heard. I don't exactly take note of this kinda crap.

I got a text message from someone a few minutes ago to say not to buy petrol on monday and that petrol people will lose 90 million yada yada yada.

n00bface
September 3, 2005, 6:33 am
quote:I got a text message from someone a few minutes ago to say not to buy petrol on monday and that petrol people will lose 90 million yada yada yada.
Yeah there have been people doing variations of that all the time, but little do they know that it does not matter. It isn't gas stations that set the prices, it's the government. Most gas stations have their gas at a non-fluctuating rate of 1.00$, but then the government adds 2.50$ or whatever on top of that. Ruining business for gas stations won't lower their prices. They can't afford to lower their prices.

Captain RibMan
September 3, 2005, 7:15 am
Actually, one of the Yadas meant that people here were hoping that the NZ goverment would also lower their tax on the petrol because my government are stupid poo communist tax poo people

MikeShinoda.pheonix
September 3, 2005, 7:46 am
My school district is discussing having only 4 days of school a week instead of 5, so we can save gas for the buses.

frogboy
September 3, 2005, 8:48 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixMy school district is discussing having only 4 days of school a week instead of 5, so we can save gas for the buses.
That is incredibly stupid. Don't they have public transport or non-oil-based forms of transport over there?

m00`
September 3, 2005, 9:13 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixMy school district is discussing having only 4 days of school a week instead of 5, so we can save gas for the buses.

LOL!

peemonkey
September 3, 2005, 6:01 pm
$52.34 to top off my tank. ill ride my motorcycle for a bit here when possible...

mar77a
September 3, 2005, 6:28 pm
Hey, Public transport does save Gas + does less contamination.

*1 bus spends an "X" quantity of gas for moving, say 20 people, from A to B.
*20 cars will spend more gas from moving 20 people, the same distance.

And that appleis to contamination too.

peemonkey
September 4, 2005, 4:00 am
but it's not as versitile and sometimes actually does cost more.

Michal
September 4, 2005, 4:05 am
I am getting happier with my decision not to bother with cars =]

For you driving folk, here's a site you might find useful: [URL]

frogboy
September 4, 2005, 4:37 am
quote:Originally posted by mar77aHey, Public transport does save Gas + does less contamination.

*1 bus spends an "X" quantity of gas for moving, say 20 people, from A to B.
*20 cars will spend more gas from moving 20 people, the same distance.

And that appleis to contamination too.
Not to mention that buses don't always run on petrol. Over here, some of the newer buses run on natural gas, which is cleaner and more efficient than petrol.

Cookie.
September 4, 2005, 4:50 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 HA!

My dad owns a gas station, the current price is $1.19.9/litre :D

Pwnage!

Thats expensive :P

Da King Of Albania
September 4, 2005, 5:04 am
If the soldiders are in iraq we should get free gas cause they can get gas easier right.
i cant fill up my car man.It needs $70 a week.
Damn bush he raised gas prices.

Vijchtidoodah
September 5, 2005, 7:06 pm
Haha, I love my Jetta. It's only $35 to fill up my tank, and since I have awesome gas mileage I barely ever have to refill.

wormdundee
September 5, 2005, 7:43 pm
My bicycle pwns your mileage vijcht.

So far I haven't had to refill it once.

FliesLikeABrick
September 5, 2005, 7:54 pm

americans take tons of sh*t for granted, i have to side with karmazon here and say that this will finally show americans what the price of the convenience of cars really is

b00stA
September 5, 2005, 8:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by Da King Of AlbaniaIf the soldiders are in iraq we should get free gas cause they can get gas easier right.

I simply wanted to quote this.

Deleted User
September 6, 2005, 1:27 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.quote:Originally posted by m00`eh? in Sydney, Australia we pay from $1.09 to $1.30, after katrina it has increased a lot, and a few months ago it used to be like 80cents to 1 dollar :(

The price here is now $1.35 per litre, works out to about $5.13 Canadian per american gallon, so about $4.31 US per American gallon :"(

I think Canada should horde all our oil and not provide any to you Americans >:|

yay canada, well where i am the gas is a little lower like 1.10

Rambo_6
September 6, 2005, 1:33 am
My dad owns a gas station (and i work there lol).

The prices are currently fluctuating from 1.10 to 1.20.

Surprisingly, we don't get much profit off gas. Although we will havt to start selling more to compensate for the $1400 stolen from the store the other day. (Please refrain from swearing) ing manitobans.

?
September 6, 2005, 6:11 am
quote:Originally posted by jebushunterquote:Originally posted by ?Has Katrina effected your state?

August 15th 2.48 - 2.50

whow the (Please refrain from swearing) cares get a damm bike

well the fact that it takes me at least 15 minutes to get anywhere in my car really is enough a reason that I can't use a bike.

Vijchtidoodah
September 6, 2005, 7:27 am
quote:Originally posted by b00stAquote:Originally posted by Da King Of AlbaniaIf the soldiders are in iraq we should get free gas cause they can get gas easier right.

I simply wanted to quote this.

Except for the fact that we only went over there for two reasons, neither of which had to do with shipping oil to the US.

By the way, while the rest of you are whining about rising gas prices (or pretending that you're superior because you aren't whining), you're all skimping on the bigger picture: rising gas prices in America means that you're getting reemed as the global economy gets (Please refrain from swearing)ed.

DT
September 6, 2005, 8:23 pm
Damn $3.41 and it is going to rise even more...
God the US is weak as hell.

STEELIX
September 6, 2005, 8:53 pm
3.41.... per LITRE?
That's alot, innit? :O

Da King Of Albania
September 7, 2005, 9:10 pm
damn bush

Vijchtidoodah
September 8, 2005, 12:59 am
Stop being a trendy (Please refrain from swearing) with your two-word post that lacks any actual thought process.

karmazon
September 8, 2005, 1:23 am
It's Bush's fault Uma Turman is so flat

The Geologist
September 8, 2005, 1:54 am
quote:Originally posted by wormdundeeMy bicycle pwns your mileage vijcht.

So far I haven't had to refill it once.

Amen...bikin' it up!