( search forums )
Pictures from Epoc (2)
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 2:59 am
I was travelling around some S00 Class Starbeings earlier today and I got some pretty righteous snapshots, so I decided to share them with you all.

I visited two planets today, and both were very beautiful in their own rights.

Here's one I visited several moons ago:

[IMAGE]

A very beautiful view of the sundisc, burning in the heavens.

[IMAGE]

This is a place called "Forgotten of Time". That's all my star maps said about it, so I paid a visit. It was a real treat, and I even got to catch a few birds as snacks. (Meow) =3 You can almost see my star capsule there, with its beacon reaching high into worlds unknown!

[IMAGE]

In this image you can see those strange pink blossoms that dotted the landscape. They were very pretty. You had to be there.

[IMAGE]

Here I am leaving "Forgotten of Time", glancing about those wild fields through the safety of the space capsule. Goodbye!

[IMAGE]

With one last glance at "Forgotten of Time's" surface, we say adiue, and I prepared myself to re-enter the stardrifter.

[IMAGE]

I soon found myself on Nordheim, a very dark and mysterious place. I took the first shot standing in the shadow of the star capsule, as I gazed in awe at that beautiful post-dusk sky.

[IMAGE]

I turned my gaze towards the rough-cropped fields and truely began to understand just how large these plains were. Nordheim was a truely remarkable place indeed.

[IMAGE]

With this last snapshot aboard the stardrifter's balcony view, I bid adiue to Nordheim, and to my friends, until I report with new findings once more. =3

Safe journey, Stardrifter!

Second Installment

I'm back, and with some new pictures from the Lifra system. I've discovered a few lifeforms as well!

First off, my landing on planet Awem. It really was a very gorgeous place.

[IMAGE]

Here I first caught my glimpse of a strange creature born of light?

[IMAGE]

Interested, I came close up to this creature, and discovered it to be a docile kangaroo of sorts. It had a cute way of jumping about that made me follow it for awhile. Eventually though I left Awem and the Lifra system to explore further planetsides.

[IMAGE]

I soon came upon a very dark place, and a planet that seemed ravaged by storms, but my star charts read that it supported life so I decided to deploy the surface capsule.

[IMAGE]

Purpleaire was a dark place, but I was surprised to find a spot without storms. It was very beautiful, but it seemed to always be on the brink of devastation. I often had to pick up and move to another quadrant to avoid the light storms.

[IMAGE]

Finally though I found a safe spot, and soon spotted an odd fox of some kind, made of that same material as the kangaroo was. Coincidence?

[IMAGE]

Note the eyes!

[IMAGE]

Either way, I had more Lithium to scope, so with one last glance I left Purpleaire, in search of a suitable star system.

[IMAGE]

Third Installment Coming Soon!

karmazon
September 3, 2005, 3:07 am
what the (Please refrain from swearing) is this (Please refrain from swearing)

mar77a
September 3, 2005, 3:22 am
Nice one, Armstrong.

Cookie.
September 3, 2005, 4:14 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonwhat the (Please refrain from swearing) is this (Please refrain from swearing)

For the win!

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 4:17 am
These are screenshots, not things I've drawn.

SuperKill
September 3, 2005, 4:34 am
?
what's the story behind those pics?
a S00 class what? please man, just a few more details ;S

Chakra`
September 3, 2005, 4:39 am
Wow that games grown alot since i last checked it....didn't it have a different name though?

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 4:56 am
It is called Noctis IV.

Rambo_6
September 3, 2005, 5:12 am
Looks like it has gameplay like Halo2!

COMBINATION PUNCH!

papasurf31
September 3, 2005, 12:11 pm
Up Down Up Down Left Right Left Right B A Start!

Captain Ben
September 3, 2005, 12:30 pm
That's the Gamecube cheat for Hitman 2: Silent Assassin to get all the guns!
But anywho, in Noctis IV, is it an online game or are you on your lonesome?

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 8:55 pm
You are on your lonesome, but there are many apps and features that let you share your discoveries with your friends.

It is a bit of a strategy game. Your stardrifter has limited fuel, so while you explore you must scope for Lithium ore (Li+) to refuel your stardrifter's engines. Once you've found a planet, you can take screenshots or map the coordinates and save them as an email of sorts. You send this "email" to a friend and he can load it into his ship's inbox, and recieve your coordinates. It's all pretty neat.

New pictures forthcoming, as in right now.

SuperKill
September 3, 2005, 9:02 pm
is it free?

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 9:05 pm
Yes.

http://www.anywherebb.com/

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 9:15 pm
i downloaded noctis but it wont work
:(

SuperKill
September 3, 2005, 11:03 pm
it looks interesting.
i really like adventure \ exploring type of games, especially space ones.
thing is - i cant do anything. the only thing i can do is move around in that little ship that looks like a UFO, and point at a few stars which makes me see their names.

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 11:13 pm
Walk up to the wide-screen window and use the control panel there. Its kinda self-explanatory, but here's a quick guide:

Left-Click to make menu selections
Right-click and hold to move your view about

To pilot the ship, move to the far left of the window and choose the first menu option. From there, select "Set remote target" (it'll be on the right) and move your view about until you highlight a star you wish to travel to and double right-click. Then, choose "Start Vimana Flight", and wait. Once you arrive, choose "Set Local Target", choose a local star, choose "fine flight" and once you arrive, deploy the surface capsule and go over to the three windows to the right. One will have a zoomed in view of the planet you're viewing. Choose your coordinates and right-click.

TheFunktopus
September 6, 2005, 1:48 pm
Lithium ore? More like lithium ion!

I have a couple of rad screenshots from Noctis IV, but I don't plan to upload them any time soon.

Also, it's Fine Approach, not Fine Flight.

Man, I'm so cool.

T-Money
September 6, 2005, 4:30 pm
Noctis sucks.

Yukwunhang
September 6, 2005, 5:06 pm
Your mom sucks.

TheFunktopus
September 6, 2005, 5:31 pm
Seconded!

T-Money
September 6, 2005, 5:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by yukwunhangYour mom sucks.

My mom's dead.

STEELIX
September 6, 2005, 8:02 pm
That's why she sucks, silly.