( search forums )
ctf_Grund - fixed already :P
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
DeMonIc
September 3, 2005, 11:35 am
A while back, on IRC, when a few of us were talking about mapmaking, Lieroguy suddenly asked "So if I'd make a map that would combine ctf_dropdown and ctf_death, the map would be so sucky it'd actually be good?"
I smiled. Then I thought "Hey, he's got something there", and I made ctf_grund. I dedicate this map to you Lieroguy.

Texture is from HG2 pack by Lapis Lazuli.

Screenshots:
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[Download]

EDIT: Made new bridge, fixed bugs with compile.

Teh Panda
September 3, 2005, 11:39 am
Looks good, but:

quote:[13:36:58] [@Evil-Ville] That bridge looks silly
[13:37:31] [@FrogboY] it does

JopeZ
September 3, 2005, 12:41 pm
Looks like nice.

But bridge doesnt look like a bridge? Perhaps it will be better if you make some "fence" on it?

Nukem
September 3, 2005, 12:41 pm
reminds me of ctf_death somehow
well, its propably better ;)

MikeShinoda.pheonix
September 3, 2005, 5:45 pm
I hope your joking Nukem...lol
Anyways, the map looks really cool. It makes me think of something from zelda for some reason...

grand_diablo
September 3, 2005, 6:04 pm
layout reminds me of death, like nukem said. But it looks more playable indeed :p

mar77a
September 3, 2005, 6:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diablolayout reminds me of death, like nukem said. But it looks more playable indeed :p

quote:I'd make a map that would combine ctf_dropdown and ctf_death.

Raptor
September 6, 2005, 6:54 pm
Man, this map is great. I better hurry up and practive because there are many good mappers.

GluLm
September 8, 2005, 1:22 pm
JopeZ is right about the bridge, you could have added a fence or something or simply add more columns or roundish supports... Bridges that large need more eye candies on them.
The map is cool anyway, but I don't like the trees on the bottom part. Same for the wooden supports actually, especially by putting them 'in front of everything'...
I like the fact that the map is surrounded by darkness, below the bridge as well, it's not bad. :)
Nice map yeah.

The @venger
September 8, 2005, 6:36 pm
i kinda like ctf death.. good on rs with the right players...

GAMEOVER
September 9, 2005, 6:35 pm
Rather DM on it.