( search forums )
FN Minimi + some Disappeared !?!!?!?!!!?!?!?!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
wmg
September 3, 2005, 12:03 pm
My interests in playing Soldat has changed into making weapon mods... because of some modifications like the most criticized self-bink... I've just reached to a server. The players all turned to DEs and nothing else but a knife. The others who did not use DEs came last in leaderboard.

As I see it, most people playing Soldat changed their favours into either DEs, Barrets, m97s or even MP5s. I missed the moment while I laid on the mountains and killed some campers with my UP-TO-DOWN FN-Minimi, and somehow a shot by AKs/Styers or two... That makes me cool (multi-killx2)! Now?! In order to avoid the problems of Minimi, I need to click & loose & click & loose & nothing else, the power of FN Minimi has been cut by twice the power of the older version. Sneak attack maybe possible, but it is now lack of efficiency in either attacking or defending or even camping!!! I claim that! Anyone who are using FN must be killed by "ANYONE CARRYING A DE OR A KNIFE OR EVEN A CHAINSAW ". If someone is moving really fast while your FN Minimi is binking yourself, you'd better press the "THROW" Button. I was so depressed that I changed mine into m97, then Barret, then DE (that's not truly powerful for a laggy-equipped player), Ruger (for 10 seconds chasing one person to kill with at least 4~5 ammos), Barret (this has now became my only favourite)

How I felt depressed after changing into 1.3?? Sorry in apologise to my grateful gamemakers in blaming with such a mess of words...

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 12:13 pm
Yea i miss those times too at 1.2.1 i was a minimi shooter after the new version i started to train with the sniper i loved the sniper but with the sniper it is not many action then i tried some others auto weapons but the mp5 is my favorite now,now my sniper traning is usefull then i loose my weapon and when i threw the knife some time i find a sniper and some kills with the sniper is better then death no?but any other weapon is better then nothing on the hand except cahinsaw i used the chainsaw only at 1.4.4,if the soldat could throw the chainsaw and do with this damage taht could be cool.

Boxo
September 3, 2005, 12:35 pm
Bah, the minimi is just fine now. Just don't except to be able to beat mp5's and deagles point-blank. Just burst-spray them from a distance and they'll have no chance to survive. I actually like the 1.3 minimi more; it takes some skill and not everyone uses it, so I can be unique ^^.

wmg
September 3, 2005, 12:40 pm
Yes, however, FN Minimi in a crowdy Desthmatch maps means nothing more than a crap... everyone can snarl behind you or in front of you! And it is too in-accurate for spraying though, people can easily dodge and the geology of different maps become the most important factor of using FN Minimi. Therefore, I can claim that the FN Minimi now can only be used for camping. Tough.

September 3, 2005, 12:49 pm
Its a slow weap... I never used it, stuck to the mp5 and sprayed the arses that came anywhere in my field of vision. Campers? Bah, my flight pattern is so strange, that few ppl can predict what i shall do next. bR34kd4nc1ng s01d4t!1!11!!!!!!1

My condolescenses to ur weap... sp?

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 2:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by wmgMy interests in playing Soldat has changed into making weapon mods... because of some modifications like the most criticized self-bink... I've just reached to a server. The players all turned to DEs and nothing else but a knife. The others who did not use DEs came last in leaderboard.

As I see it, most people playing Soldat changed their favours into either DEs, Barrets, m97s or even MP5s. I missed the moment while I laid on the mountains and killed some campers with my UP-TO-DOWN FN-Minimi, and somehow a shot by AKs/Styers or two... That makes me cool (multi-killx2)! Now?! In order to avoid the problems of Minimi, I need to click & loose & click & loose & nothing else, the power of FN Minimi has been cut by twice the power of the older version. Sneak attack maybe possible, but it is now lack of efficiency in either attacking or defending or even camping!!! I claim that! Anyone who are using FN must be killed by "ANYONE CARRYING A DE OR A KNIFE OR EVEN A CHAINSAW ". If someone is moving really fast while your FN Minimi is binking yourself, you'd better press the "THROW" Button. I was so depressed that I changed mine into m97, then Barret, then DE (that's not truly powerful for a laggy-equipped player), Ruger (for 10 seconds chasing one person to kill with at least 4~5 ammos), Barret (this has now became my only favourite)

How I felt depressed after changing into 1.3?? Sorry in apologise to my grateful gamemakers in blaming with such a mess of words...

One) People arent turning to deagles...I rarely see deaglers ever in pubs aside from the barretards and m79ers unless its some newbie who imitates me after noticing how im killing with the deagles. The occasional deagler may drop in, but they're rare now.

Two) FN Minimi weak? By god man, thats my favorite auto now. The fact you have to click seperately can be taken advantage of as an even more accurate way to fire and save bullets. The minimi is still the top long distance auto in soldat.

I know exactly how you feel bro, I quote, from the day i seen 1.3, "OMFGZZ111 TEM FOOKERS NERFED MY GUN!!!!11" My beloved desert eagles were nerfed, and my aiming had to be even more precise. Ive gotten past this now, and im quite sure you can too. Give it some more time. Man, when 1.3 came out i wouldnt beleive myself saying all of this. XD

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 2:44 pm
Oh please. The Minimi is not weak. It is infact even more powerful with this new version, as lesser people use it. The bink is easily avoidable and soon becomes habit, and it still retains most of its great power from 1.2. The only person that can top a skilled Minimi-er is a camping barretwhore. And you switched to barret, of all weapons. Shame on you.

Deleted User
September 3, 2005, 3:58 pm
I remember the minimi in 1.2.1

Was my favorite weapon...so many triple kills =)

Keron Cyst
September 3, 2005, 4:06 pm
You keep referring to "bink" as the main weakness of the Minimi more than the lower damage. Can you not avoid self-binking?...

Deleted User
September 4, 2005, 4:20 am
God these people are LAZY. The bink with minimi will dissapear instantly if you learn to use it correctly - click constantly for every shot. Its easy to get used to. If you still have bink problems and continue to complain, then its because you're just too lazy to adapt.

Cookie.
September 4, 2005, 4:40 am
quote:Originally posted by ExtacideGod these people are LAZY. The bink with minimi will dissapear instantly if you learn to use it correctly - click constantly for every shot. Its easy to get used to. If you still have bink problems and continue to complain, then its because you're just too lazy to adapt.

Carpal Tunnel ATTACK!!! I spray so I let the bink do its think works good for long range attacks.

Also deagles have always been king of deathmatch >: P

Deleted User
September 5, 2005, 10:19 pm
I almost always use the minimi, its been my favorate weapon for ages. Sometimes i like to just go prone and mow down the cannon fodder, but that only works if there is no jet or in a low ceiling area. But that is not to say that i dont normaly fight properly with it :D

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
September 6, 2005, 3:57 pm
Uhh... I think minimi kicks more ass than ever:
http://dyn.u13.net:6080/index.php?weaponname=FN_Minimi&p=statsweapon&server=CTF3

Deleted User
September 6, 2005, 9:47 pm
Lol, 1000 kills isnt much at all, but yes, its uber.

@ cookie: I guess bink can be useful too....um....i think....err....BURN HIM ON THE STAKE! *hiss*

T-Money
September 6, 2005, 9:59 pm
@SDFilm: that's not a minimi. I think it's an M2.

vash763
September 7, 2005, 7:40 am
i myself have switched to Deagles/knive

MOFO NOFO
September 7, 2005, 8:01 pm
i use styer and knife now. every other ver was deagle + soccom

Deleted User
September 7, 2005, 8:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by T-Money@SDFilm: that's not a minimi. I think it's an M2.

So it is indeed, I did think that it didnt quite look like a minimi.

Deleted User
September 8, 2005, 6:54 pm
DE's? are you kidding?
the SOCOM is more useful than the freaking DE's.....
The reason lamers use m79/barret is it's the only thing that hasn't changed from 1.2.1 to 1.3, and the fact it doesn't take that much skill to use them.

Deleted User
September 10, 2005, 12:21 am
[IMAGE]

Full of dairy and pwnage :D

Deleted User
September 10, 2005, 1:05 am
Let one of those rot then throw it at em.