( search forums )
Ctf_Pangea
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Famine
September 4, 2005, 12:46 am
Another experiment of an outline. I tried to use placement (of polys and flags) in conjuction with jet fuel to create an effect. This effect is to make it impossible to take the quickest possible way back to the base. By doing this, I tried to have unconvential ctf designs with balance.

Screen:
[IMAGE]

Download

You will need grand_diablo's scenery pack

Edit: Took down the flag walls for smoother gameplay and erased all cloud scenery.

Keron Cyst
September 4, 2005, 2:17 am
Level layout is quite interesting! For the cloud scenery try stretching it width-wise and making it partially transparent.

Famine
September 4, 2005, 2:22 am
Thank you, I suppose I can try a little editting. The idea was to make it balanced by having more than one route, but eliminating the quickest with low fuel. I tested it and it seems to have a few variations of two routes.

Deleted User
September 6, 2005, 4:28 pm
I like the layout but don't like the placement of the red's flag spawnpoint.

Raptor
September 6, 2005, 6:47 pm
Yea... I agree with you HHH, BOTH flag spawn points look unbalanced...

Famine
September 6, 2005, 8:13 pm
Would you point out why they do?

Raptor
September 7, 2005, 9:58 pm
I don't know why, it just feels weird. Make the flag spawns be at the flat polygons.

Famine
September 7, 2005, 10:21 pm
That ruins the whole concept. I tried to make it very even and balanced.

DeMonIc
September 8, 2005, 2:04 pm
This map is interesting, to say atleast. I mean, it's obvious that you have well thought-out ideas, but sadly maps like this are private-happy, since the masses don't enjoy Soldat if they have to think. There's a similiar map, called ctf_stickytunnels, which is kick-ass with the right group of players, but would suck in public. I guess the same goes for this map.
My advice is, that you should make a few standard maps, so you get the hang of map-making, then you can turn your ideas into pure gold.

Deleted User
September 8, 2005, 2:25 pm
wow, thats a pretty kick ass map! 7/10

Deleted User
September 8, 2005, 2:55 pm
Layout reminds me a lot of ctf_Dragonwar (awesome map from the old days).