( search forums )
Soldat placement by Ratio
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
_Mancer_
September 5, 2005, 7:51 pm
Instead of putting you in first for how many cap+kills you have in total.. how about the system is set up so its a P/K:D system like U13's.. where the person with the best ratio would be in first and the person with the worst ratio would be in last.

Could help sharpen the image of 'skill' on soldat..

MisterX
September 6, 2005, 12:52 am
I disagree. In CTF a K/D-Ratio means nothing. Even if you are the best 1on1-fighter in Soldat, that still doesn't mean you're equally good at capturing the enemy flag. But that's the only thing that counts in CTF. For sure it might be a bit different on public servers, but generally not. I wouldn't mind a seperately shown K/D-Ratio, but sorting the players by the ratio - better not.

zyxstand
September 6, 2005, 5:22 am
i'd just like ctf to have its own columns for caps - sparate from kills...
...besides, someone with a ratio of 1 and 0 would be first by infinite... or ppl with ratio of 21 and 1 (incdlues 1 cap)

therefore, it'd be better to apply score by points minus deaths...

person
September 6, 2005, 6:45 am
I'd like to see a seperate coloumn for K:D ratio. Hell, the caps column would also be useful... but yeah, it wouldn't make sense to me to have the game ranks sorted by them. Highest score should win.

Deleted User
September 6, 2005, 12:47 pm
yah a seperate coloumn would work best

Meandor
September 6, 2005, 4:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by MisterXI disagree. In CTF a K/D-Ratio means nothing. Even if you are the best 1on1-fighter in Soldat, that still doesn't mean you're equally good at capturing the enemy flag. But that's the only thing that counts in CTF. For sure it might be a bit different on public servers, but generally not. I wouldn't mind a seperately shown K/D-Ratio, but sorting the players by the ratio - better not.

He said P/K:D system. That means number of caps multiplied by your K:D rating. I don't mind, but if something had to be done about ctf scores, it'd be caps and kills separated imo.
Oh, and the 20 points for alpha and 25 for bravo needs to be fixed already :P

MisterX
September 6, 2005, 5:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by MeandorHe said P/K:D system. That means number of caps multiplied by your K:D rating. I don't mind, but if something had to be done about ctf scores, it'd be caps and kills separated imo.
Oh, and the 20 points for alpha and 25 for bravo needs to be fixed already :P

Oh, I misunderstood that. But still I think that the K:D ratio is nice to know, but totally uninteresting for a teamgame, so I stay with my opinion ;)

About the 20 points: I don't know if you're talking about another thing, but at least since 1.3 you get -5 points when capturing the flag for each teammember you have more compared to the other teams' members.

Rune
September 6, 2005, 6:09 pm
An extra column for caps wouldn't be too bad.

Keron Cyst
September 6, 2005, 6:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandi'd just like ctf to have its own columns for caps - sparate from kills...

Deleted User
September 6, 2005, 11:09 pm
Meh, something like:

Name: Captures: Kills: Deaths: Total Score: Ping:

Player1 3 29 21 89 XXX
Player2 3 20 8 80 XXX
Player3 1 21 32 41 XXX

Maybe something along those lines. Certainly doesnt have to have the same combination, but a little seperation wouldnt hurt.

Damnit. Just forgot the forum removes spaces. =x

Meandor
September 7, 2005, 4:36 pm
No MisterX, I'm talking about the fact that, with even teams, an alpha cap is worth 20 points while a bravo one 25. The balance thing applied to infiltration doesn't affect ctf.

Aquarius
September 7, 2005, 4:59 pm
I am against this, usually P/K ratios promote rather lame playing style, even if it's muliplied by caps.

m00`
September 8, 2005, 7:21 am
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandi'd just like ctf to have its own columns for caps - sparate from kills...
...besides, someone with a ratio of 1 and 0 would be first by infinite... or ppl with ratio of 21 and 1 (incdlues 1 cap)

therefore, it'd be better to apply score by points minus deaths...

ctf shouldnt even have a kills/deaths column