( search forums )
ctf_Viir
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
person
September 6, 2005, 7:05 am
My first map (pretty much). Was an experiment with the version of Polyworks I had, and because I felt it was so damn easy to make stuff with the program, I figured I'd make a map... this is it.

Some of the poly shading is pretty bad, but other than that it's mostly ok. I think.
Also, there are no bot waypoints.

screens:
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

download:
http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/index.php?act=dl&file=Y3RmX1ZpaXJbeF0uemlw

Hopefully that'll work. Any comments would be appreciated, thanks...

AWH_ReApEr
September 6, 2005, 7:17 am
If I was able to see the map, I'd comment on it.

person
September 6, 2005, 7:24 am
Ha. It is a little dark. I'll try get some in game screens in a minute.

edit: done. Don't know if they help though...

The Geologist
September 6, 2005, 9:13 am
From what I can tell it looks nice, but the map is definately a touch too dark. Good size and shading though :D

vash763
September 6, 2005, 9:40 am
I like this, i was thinking about making a dark map too.

Very nice, especially the touches of color here and there. Think about making the sceneries dark too though?

person
September 6, 2005, 10:16 am
Yeah... actually making the scenery darker would be a good idea. I'll try and get some time to do that. I'll try and fix up the spaces between some of the poly's, too. Thanks for the positive comments.

vash763
September 6, 2005, 10:59 am
Oh that, and i think you might have enough nade spawns haha

(sarcasm)

grand_diablo
September 6, 2005, 12:30 pm
Up-Down is not a good direction for CTF ;)

else the map looks quite nice, only the sceneries are not dark enough, you might have colourized them with a darker color.

Raptor
September 6, 2005, 6:50 pm
Man, I can't see the map. Please change the bgcolors to something brighter... then I'll download it.