( search forums )
Punishment!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Rambo_6
September 6, 2005, 1:38 pm
A somewhat controversial idea, i think.

Being able to punish a team member for killing you on purpose would be a somewhat helpful addition to soldat. It would make team games with friendly fire a possibility.

Perhaps you would have to be killed twice by a team member before you can actually punish him (remove half his life, forgive, or kill him)?

This would help excessive team killing be less of a problem.

Keron Cyst
September 6, 2005, 6:24 pm
It's a good idea but of course it'd be abused on the few FF servers there are...

Deleted User
September 6, 2005, 9:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystIt's a good idea but of course it'd be abused on the few FF servers there are...

yes, abusement would be the bigger problem. i think you would be killed by even more freindlys because they would punish you even if you was a smartass or not. so i think this should steady slip.

Captain Ben
September 6, 2005, 10:04 pm
Although, sometimes you can't help it.
I mean, so many times has a friendly jumped into the path of my m79 bullet.

Rambo_6
September 7, 2005, 2:19 am
Well there could be measures to stop people from abusing the feature... Like you begin to lose points after a while, or something.

Besides, why would you do it if your team loses valuable points? Unless the person is a bad problem, you should go easy on it...

Joe_Sixpack
September 11, 2005, 8:11 pm
I don't think punishment in Soldat would work, seeing as how bullets and nades fly everywhere all the time. Punishment is more suited and properly installed in something like BF2.

SPARTAN_III
September 12, 2005, 4:33 pm
i've got a good idea for this:

imagine in INF game, alpha vs bravo. a bravo guy teamkills 3 of his *comrades* the bravo will become a charlie until he is next killed, and while he is in that state, he can be attacked by both bravo and alpha.

also, after teamkilling, all bots on the same team will regard the TKer as an enemy.

xtishereb
September 12, 2005, 11:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIi've got a good idea for this:

imagine in INF game, alpha vs bravo. a bravo guy teamkills 3 of his *comrades* the bravo will become a charlie until he is next killed, and while he is in that state, he can be attacked by both bravo and alpha.

also, after teamkilling, all bots on the same team will regard the TKer as an enemy.

I like this idea a lot. It's probably slightly better than the current method of punishing teamkillers, that is voting to have them kicked. I haven't experienced anything like this, so let me provide an example of why this would be better than the current method:

CTF game. Alpha has 5, Bravo has 4. One member of Bravo is a TKer. A member of Bravo votes to have the TKer kicked. The other two members of Bravo vote to have him kicked. The 5 members of Alpha want an unfair advantage ('cuz they're n00bs) and vote no. Thus, the TKer remains in the game, with much swearing on the part of the three Bravo members and "lol"-ing of Alpha, one of whom is the admin. The three members of Bravo leave, and are delayed from fun, and the TKer goes on being a jackass without any complaints.

Now, here's the senario with the proposed theory:

CTF game. Alpha has 5, Bravo has 4. One member of Bravo is a TKer. The TKer kills his teammates three times and is switched to Charlie, and is pwned by all 5 members of Bravo via barret. The TKer kills again, and is killed again. He then leaves with a "omfg ur all gya." The group proceeds to have no more purposeful TK related issues.

Everybody wins! Yes, I know admins aren't n00bs, but it was an example.

Captain Ben
September 13, 2005, 11:56 am
Anyone seen the penalties issued in Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enenmy Territory?
If it happens more than once, players can file complaints, and after a certain number, the teamkiller get kciked.

Rambo_6
September 15, 2005, 4:58 am
i like that idea a lot...

I also think the idea of a third 'punishment' team is awesome.

You would be placed on this team after a set number of TK's (server side number?). Players on this team may only use, say, secondary weapons. They would also have only half health. They would remain on this team for about 5 minutes, then be placed back on their old team with the same amount of points. This is sorta like a 'time out chair'.

Another idea which works well in BF2:MC on Xbox live is that you get increased point losses after you teamkill lots. (ie you lose 1 point on your first TK, 2 on your next, 3 on your third TK, and so-on). People who have a negative score would be automatically voted to leave by the server since they seem to be TKing (on a rare occasion they would just plain suck).

What do you think?

Unlucky 13
September 15, 2005, 8:16 am
Maybe only in rapid succession (3 kills in 1 minute and changeable by server admin) would be a good idea for the team change idea.

With the multiple point lossage, should the 2nd TK have to be in succession to cause the point loss to be double? Example ABC are on a Team, as are STU. S kills U (by accident or deliberatly) and then kills T. He loses 3 points from the teamkilling.

In another game A accidentally kills C, but then kills T. After he kills T, he tries to kill U, but accidentally blows B to smitherines. He loses 2 points for teamkilling, rather than the three if in succession.

numgun
September 18, 2005, 1:16 am
ehm... if ur admin of the server u can punish allready: /kill ''name of that (Please refrain from swearing) to be punished'' and do it many times(simply after first time of typing that /kill command u can repeat it by pressing: //) until he will beg u to stop.

Hoodlum
September 18, 2005, 1:59 am
I think this would be a good idea but I would get frustrated when a nab runs infront of you whilist trying to kill someone. Also when you'd have to choose it'd take to much time and be pretty annoying to have to choose what you wanted to do to them. I bet noobs would just come to abuse this like just kill you over and over to be annoying which is a downside.

Deleted User
September 18, 2005, 4:35 am
good idea but i think the soldat is changin a lot with that in ''punishment'' idea

Aegis
September 18, 2005, 9:04 pm
It would help make people more aware in FF RS modes, certainly. This sort of punishment option is implemented in many CS and DOD servers and works quite well.. but then we're talking about a different player group than soldat.
Also, an auto-kick(not vote) after a set number of TKs would be helpful.