( search forums )
Vote Mutes.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Splinter Cell
September 6, 2005, 10:10 pm
Its like vote kicks, but instead of kicking the person, it mutes them.

(Yea, I know it was short)

Discuss

Meandor
September 7, 2005, 4:23 pm
Please don't, vote kicks are annoying for most people on publics already -_-

Keron Cyst
September 7, 2005, 6:17 pm
Just /mute X (player name) personally. Why must it apply to everyone? His chatter may bother you but others might be ignoring it or even joining in.

dr.ON
September 8, 2005, 8:53 pm
You can use mute commad /mute (player number).

Koon
September 9, 2005, 12:19 am
I remember a thread regarding this not too long ago.

zyxstand
September 9, 2005, 12:47 am
quote:Originally posted by KoonI remember a thread regarding this not too long ago.

yeah for some reason the moderator lets these ones through...but when i wanted to post a topic on triggers/events, i got rejected!

on topic:
it's different to mute him yourself compared to everyone having him blocked. i agree.

Deleted User
September 9, 2005, 1:10 am
This would just be another box that people would ignore. Really, if you're having so much trouble with someone spamming, just mute him. You'll even have some fun laughing at the people yelling "SHUT THE F**K UP" to him.

The @venger
September 9, 2005, 7:14 am
now, heres an idea: you could mute peoples kick votes, so you dont get spammed by kick votes!

tRaQs
September 10, 2005, 6:43 pm
plain and simple, tired of listening to them, you get a vote kick.
This would be abused quite often, but I do recognize what angle you are coming from.

It would work better if you had a vote on a player, and if enough players voted yes, when you press ESC, and you are on the in game menu, there would be a player mute options, then if someone did vote, you wouldn't be banished to a mute state, only for those who were truly ticked at you?

I don't think how I said it was presented very well, if you have a problem readin what I've just said, tell me and I will try to rephrase it.

a-4-year-old
September 14, 2005, 10:35 pm
mabe only the ppl who voted yes would have the spammer muted so other people that are enjoying the chatting won't have a problem

zyxstand
September 14, 2005, 11:46 pm
the porblem with that, though, is that like when he disses you or something, others will be able to hear it and you won't...and the others might not know that you can't hear him and think that you're weird or something like that*

tRaQs
September 16, 2005, 12:36 am
No, they'd think the person ignoring the dumbass noob is briliant.
remember me zyxstand??? IAMSTILTZ.

¤JOJO¤
September 19, 2005, 6:59 am
where can u find the player number in agem ???

Silent Soldier
September 19, 2005, 7:30 am
How about "mute voting boxes"?

Dark_Noddy
September 19, 2005, 1:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Silent SoldierHow about "mute voting boxes"?

3 thumbs up !

a-4-year-old
September 19, 2005, 9:49 pm
how bout an auto vote thing in the options menu that automaticly votes yes or no...